Rallos Returns (Repeatedly)

u dont need any aggro really just initial proximity will be enough if you are good enough to weave in and otu of the mobs correctly, the main thing is to keep a good distance away from the named dragons b/c they will root your mob and your train will be lost. I dont even bother using any aggro spells anymore.
Biggest problem for me in Fos3 is the time it takes to get a new iksar each time... since I have to let them die each time I defend a dragon. So, I then run around frantically looking for a new one, but keep running into one caster after another usually. Don't suppose there's a way to keep your inital iksar and I'm just not seeing it?

you should have no problem even w/o keeping your iksar, there conveniently is a big pack of iksars relatively close to each named dragon, and even with a large train that kills the waves fast, you should still have time to pick it back up if you utilize these packs of 5-6 mobs. I started out winning this event w/ single mobs but have found it more beneficial to use a pack. To go a step further for you, circle the captain and the initial spawn area of the named dragon, you will find that you may lose a few iksars but you will almost always come out of it w/ 2-3 still on you and your full train. Also something that you may not notice is that during sev/before phara dar, jaledar takes his place up near trakanon for when ganak spawns, so you have the area in which he is initially placed to use to grab your train after phara dar to train onto gorenaire..

Thanks, very helpful! Getting close now, think I need larger train sizes to make it work. I've been avoiding mobs who are in assist range of dragons, figuring they might come in handy on waves, but perhaps it's better to have a monster train ready and just time it right.

that is making the event more time consuming and indepth than it needs to be. I win all the time solo w/ a monk or boxing cleric/sk and i bet it takes me half the time. There is a huge misconception that u need to build some crazy aggro, yeah it might help the mob get past a cpl more dragons here and there, but i never have problems just running up and letting an iksar aggro on me. If you don't suck at keeping the right distance to proximity aggro the dragons, there is no need to build any more aggro than the simple proximity aggro of an iksar. When we first started we had a bard train the castle iksars away as you stated, but that is actually taking away a huge asset to the event. There are 1 or 2 of the iksars who are dangerously close to phara dar/jale dar and will get eaten within a cpl mins of starting the event, if you see this mob is a battlemaster or an ironfist well then you can pull it to not waste the mob though it really doesn't matter. Why clear the iksars near the castle when they can be so easily utilized in picking up ur trains after jale dar and phara dar. Instead of getting them killed off, after u dump on jale dar, aggro the clump of 6-7 mobs as i said before and then circle the spawn point of jale dar/aggro point of the iksar captain and you WILL reaggro the bulk if not all of your train. Phara Dar dump iksar grab the clump of bones and iksars near him, Rinse, Repeat. As i stated there are clumps of mobs near each dragon conveniently, make it easy on yourself, this is the best strat as i cruise through this event and spent a lot of time in their a month ago tryin to iron out this event. Also i posted that Ganak onto Sev strat like a week or 2 ago, but you are right if you train him there it's fail proof otherwise you have to dump an epic train/2trains on him and HOPE he doesn't kill them off.

Just as an aside mercs don't count towards the minimum 6 players to get the fos raid.

If you're doing fos on fennin and don't need/want the 1hs from the event let me know.

Last edited:
just a double aside, they do count.

1. How did you post on this thread with a pink name (unless your subscription ran out less than an hour ago)?

2. I was speaking of the fos raid... I tried getting it with mercs and without mercs. Wouldn't work with mercs... worked without. RR is another case entirely.

If anyone is doing this on Xegony and wouldn't mind a tag along, please let me know. Mainly interested in getting credit for it for spell purposes.

Thanks!

BC

sub had run out, and it definitely works with mercs cause i've been requesting it for several weeks using my 3 toons and 3 mercs.

Just want to clear something up as a ton of people have been asking about avoiding lockouts for RR. As far as I know, there is NO way to beat the lockouts for this event. I have tried everything possible from the little known to the well known. The mechanics of the instance just dont allow for it. This isnt soltaris days gents, no more Glocking and leaving tasks. In any case, its been my experience that anyone who has ever done those hacks (myself included) has always resulted in a ban. /mourn solt

Rofl, I was going to send you a PM Rosco saying that I think it is possible to beat the lockout based on someone's marketplace services that said he could do multiple runs per day, but then I noticed that said marketplace post was in fact YOUR post haha. I guess that ends that line of thinking ;)

We all have our secrets ;)

I happen to have access to many , many toons...

If anyone is doing this on Xegony and wouldn't mind a tag along, please let me know. Mainly interested in getting credit for it for spell purposes.

Thanks!

BC

Are you in a guild that gets the EZ lockouts for FoS3? I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl but no longer get lockouts.

I'm curious how the # of toons + mercs interacts. Obviously you need 6 people (toons and mercs) to request the task. Once you zone in however, the mercs get dismissed.

I noticed that if I dropped a toon at that point, it would give an error and kill the task. So - if you were to taskadd another toon, does that keep the task active? What about if you were to taskadd a toon with a merc, does that count as 1 spot or 2 spots?

So how would you drop the task getter, assuming the task getter has to run the RR event, without getting a lockout - or not looting the chest in time because the instance gets killed?

I'm curious how the # of toons + mercs interacts. Obviously you need 6 people (toons and mercs) to request the task. Once you zone in however, the mercs get dismissed.

I noticed that if I dropped a toon at that point, it would give an error and kill the task. So - if you were to taskadd another toon, does that keep the task active? What about if you were to taskadd a toon with a merc, does that count as 1 spot or 2 spots?

So how would you drop the task getter, assuming the task getter has to run the RR event, without getting a lockout - or not looting the chest in time because the instance gets killed?

You get the task with 3+3, then drop the task getter and add someone else in his place. That way the task stays active. You get boot message, but once someone else is added task stays up. Of course, if you need the task getter to actually do the training you'll end up with lockout on him.

Im taking a wild guess at dropping the task when RR is at 20%. Does he then die and the chest pops and you get like 1 minute to loot the thing and get no lockouts.

Some one also mentioned leaving the zone before he hits 25% and you wont get a lockout but it will update. But im sure all my characters died one time and they got lockout when it updated so i don't know yet.

Strangely I find RR much harder than Fos3... somewhere somehow I'm doing something wrong. Only time I manage a win is if initial trash takes out Tallon and Vallon. If they fail at that I might as well give in it seems. I can try training more onto them, but then by the time they die I just can't get enough trash on RZ to win. He alone seems able to rip through ever council member and then some.

Strangely I find RR much harder than Fos3... somewhere somehow I'm doing something wrong. Only time I manage a win is if initial trash takes out Tallon and Vallon. If they fail at that I might as well give in it seems. I can try training more onto them, but then by the time they die I just can't get enough trash on RZ to win. He alone seems able to rip through ever council member and then some.

Using 2 characters...

Character 1 - kites ALL council men up to the back room and keeps kiting them in the back room.

Character 2 - Bypass the door, stand just on the otherside of the door. And pull mudunk into the trash. Get all of the trash onto him asap. Mudunk will die very fast. Then aggro mobs at both sides of the area where the first council men were. Run those mobs and drop them onto vz/tz. This will be enough mobs to kill both of them.

Character 1 - Needs to be watching vz/tz %'s. When the last one is at 10% he needs to be kiting those council men in the area where RZ pops. RZ pops and you drop them on him. Those council men will kill RZ without any help from other trash. Works everytime.

If you do it right, you dont have to bring any other mobs to TZ/VZ area. The trash that kills murdunk is enough to kill TZ/VZ with 5 or more left over.