Rallos Returns (Repeatedly)

test patch 10/1

Originally Posted by SKlug
*** Classic Missions ***

Fixed an issue that caused the task to end when players were added or removed from the task.
Fixed an issue that caused players to be able to use AAs in the monster mission that the shrouds were not intended to have.
Fixed an issue that caused players that were dead and in hover mode to sometimes not receive rewards when the chest was opened at the end of the mission.

*** Highlights ***

Many of Old Man McKenzie's items have faded from memory. If you have one of these faded items, give them to the Old Man in Plane of Knowledge and he will return your Brews.
Most items from Old Man McKenzie's group missions have been upgraded in power. They have also had their required levels reduced to 80. These items do not need to be turned in to see the changes.

*** Items ***

Many of Old Man McKenzie's items have faded from memory. If you have one of these faded items, give them to the Old Man in Plane of Knowledge and he will return your Brews and an additional reward.
Most items from Old Man McKenzie's group missions have been upgraded in power. They have also had their required levels reduced to 80. These items do not need to be turned in to see the changes.

The new Orb of Tishan's click effect has been repaired.
The Frost-Strung Bow now offers a bit more protection.
Replaced the missing AC from the new Thick Banded Belt.
Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch can not be activated as often.
The new Staff of Forbidden Rites has had its recast time raised.
The Barbarian Hunting Spear, Staff of Forbidden Rites, Warhammer of Divine Grace, and Staff of Ankexfen have had their ratios increased to match other weapons in their tier.

The familiar summoned by the new Scimitar of the Mistwalker has become faster but weaker. The scimitar itself has become slightly less powerful.

The Improved Dodge effect on the Idol of Many Hands, the Silvery Trinket, and the Frost-Strung Bow has been reduced to level VI to match the focus on other items in its tier.
*** Quests & Events ***

Classic Missions have undergone a careful bug fixing pass resulting in the following changes:
Harm Touch has been changed to remove an exploit allowing the use of unintended higher level versions of the ability. In addition, the ability will no longer refresh upon the death of the Shadow Knight. This affects the Classic Mission ability as well as the normal version of the ability.
Paladins should now be able to create a Lay On Hands hotkey.
Shaman have been granted the haste spell Alacrity.
Lady Vox will now leash to her spawn point should she find herself outside of her room. This has been changed to provide an encounter more in the spirit of the event.
The classic raids will once again drop items instead of brews.
Old Man McKenzie no longer remembers encountering the Corrupted Gnome Explorer in Guk.
Old Man McKenzie's group tasks now require a minimum of three adventurers to obtain and all three must be present to open the chests. The raid events will still require 12.

*** Miscellaneous ***

If you obtain any McKenzie's Special Brew while you are in a classic mission, be sure to use the Reclaim button on the currency tab of your inventory before leaving the zone!

I don't see anything about RR, but that hover thingy has got my attention.

Umm...HIGHLY doubting they would put RR fix, if/when they do, in a patch note...but I could be wrong, since it is pretty known.

Last edited:
any one doing the RR thing on 7th hammer? (i asked before but figured id ask again partly to get back on topic ... )

Anyone ever get Coeval from this mission? ( hard of course)

I have only done this raid on hard mode a few times and never seen the coeval essence drop. Not sure if I am lucky on the drops but have only seen wrist/hands essence drop from hard mode. I have heard that any essence could drop though.

Coeval will not drop.

I've seen a ton of head/feet, a few wrist/hands, and two chests drop so far (from hard). It's pretty lame that head /feet have dropped 60%ish of the time from hard, considering they drop 2x every time from normal.

Elidroth is looking into the raid to see if he can "fix" it. However he doesnt know anything about the event, and I suspect if anything does acvtually happen it'll be the required amount of people to open the chest like vox. I'm not aware of any "fix" right now though.

I doubt this will happen. There is a long post on EQLive right now and the "X # to open chest" angle caused an uproar among the community. I mean, a few more level caps and AAs, this raid will be done "legit" (if you wanna say that? lol) like every other raid that goes trivial with more levels and AAs. That kind of goes against everything EQ is about in regards to going back in raid content and finding challenges once your character is stronger.

This will never be fixed because sony doesnt have the manpower or the resources, otherwise it would have been fixed already. It has been stated on the site multiple times that the programming was never intended to go live, but was pushed early. The extent that it would take to fix the problem is just to large and bothersome. So grats!

have heard that they are making rallos returns just like the naggy/vox nerf where u have to have 12 toons in zone to loot the chest, dunno when it's going live i figured with this next patch but have browsed all the test server details and didnt see it in the notes, anyone else confirm this, and the date?

have heard that they are making rallos returns just like the naggy/vox nerf where u have to have 12 toons in zone to loot the chest, dunno when it's going live i figured with this next patch but have browsed all the test server details and didnt see it in the notes, anyone else confirm this, and the date?

As I said, they will not be doing this with any "mainstream" raid. It sets a bad precedent.

still works did it today hard and normal. Now to find out how to get pas the lockout. Any pointers would be appreciated

If there is its tricky. But ide love to know, after a particular hardmode earing myself.