Ragefire / MQ2Melee / Taunt

demoante

Reaction score
When Aggro=1 and or Taunt=1 is on, seems to be that taunting spams endlessly, which is counter productive. Can we have this in any way set so that, if your MT, it ONLY taunts if you lose aggro?

Provoke=1 seems to work only when you lose aggro. Whick is ideal. Can this fire at the very start of an encounter when aggro=1, so it works in an order as in the following example.

/attack on
/taunt
/provoke

And taunt is NOT used again unless we lose aggro.
Provoke would be used if we lose aggro, and or if the debuff falls off the target, it would renew.

Anyone elses information or thoughts would be much apretiated, the current aggro on Ragefire, just does not seem to be working correctly.

When Aggro=1 and or Taunt=1 is on, seems to be that taunting spams endlessly, which is counter productive. Can we have this in any way set so that, if your MT, it ONLY taunts if you lose aggro?

Provoke=1 seems to work only when you lose aggro. Whick is ideal. Can this fire at the very start of an encounter when aggro=1, so it works in an order as in the following example.

/attack on
/taunt
/provoke

Provoke would be used if we lose aggro, and or if the debuff falls off the target, it would renew.

Anyone elses information or thoughts would be much apretiated, the current aggro on Ragefire, just does not seem to be working correctly.

why would you want to taunt if you just used provoke?

seems like you would want to provoke then attack on.

Short question: Aggro on Ragefire isnt working efficiently, and in fact counter productive. Can it be fixed? Reviewed, with others input?

Long version: I havent put enough thought to it, However...

1. What we do know is provoke 1 min duration with 30s reuse. adds a good bit of + aggro, but doesnt work the same as taunt. [Provoke: Bellows profanity at your opponent, causing them to become very angry with you.]

2. Taunt moves you to 1st place on aggro list by +1 pt of aggro.

Aggro=1 is spamming taunt, so when you use Provoke, to boost aggro, moving you to say what +300 aggro ahead of the others, then the spam taunt comes in and you move back to +1 ahead of number 2.

If this is correct information, and how taunt/aggro works then the current application for aggro on Ragefire isnt correct.

My Current application = Having major issues keeping aggro when its spamming, i shut off taunt all together, and then no problems. Taunt only when i need to regain aggro. Basically all in all Provoke is working correctly. Since I decided to post I havent looked to see if it auto recasts when the debuff comes off after 1 minute. I would imagine it does.

All in all. I wouldnt think it would hurt that provoke fires right after taunt, when you first, turn /attack on, on a mob in which you intent to kill, so that it will be back up in 30 seconds possible for the next encounter... Thought some may want, to keep Provoke the way it is. The issue is Taunt.

/attack on
/taunt
/provoke

why would you want to taunt if you just used provoke?

seems like you would want to provoke then attack on.

Thats actually is the problem Taunt is spamming, continueing to fire, even when we are the Targets Target as the MT, and its countering the Provoke on Ragefire.

I remember we reworked aggro and taunt before, and I thought about the expansion VoA it changed and alloud us to spam it and it would keep stacking, however from what im experiencing here on Ragefire, it is as it was before. Maybe HTW might remember.

You could always try:

TauntIf=${If[${Melee.GotAggro},0,1]}

I feel stupid, probably am, but where would I put this? Not as a /melee setting, so I don't know where. Thank you.

I feel stupid, probably am, but where would I put this? Not as a /melee setting, so I don't know where. Thank you.
In your server_toon.ini file under the [MQ2Melee] section.

If you are already in game on said toon, after you edit and save the .ini, make sure you do: /melee load

htw