Radar thingy

aikijitsu

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Which plugin gives you the directional red arrow. Mine disappeared.

MQ2Otd I think is what your looking for.
What they said

Used to be a plugin MQ2Radar that put a radar like display on the top of your screen with a line drawing of the map and your heading but I think it's broken - or least I havent gotten it to work in a few years

What they said

Used to be a plugin MQ2Radar that put a radar like display on the top of your screen with a line drawing of the map and your heading but I think it's broken - or least I havent gotten it to work in a few years
Well, that is interesting, I don't remember that being broken. So I started testing, and sure enough, it was - and who knows for how long (sounds like Red Dog does!).

So, well, I fixed it.

Proper way to make it work:
1) Run (or restart) mmoloader, let it update if it needs, then for check for updates, make sure you have the updated MQ2Radar.dll I put up.
2) Use Plugin Config, and turn on MQ2Radar plugin.
3) Run DSurface.exe (if you used installer, there is a shortcut to it as Direct Surface). DSurface.exe is in your MQ2dir\DSurface directory. It needs to "Run as Administrator"
4) Wait for the little directx icon to show up in your tray (looks like a blue circle with a yellow X in it), sometimes it can take up to 30 secs or so to show up.
5) Start up your EQ session(s)

htw

I just took a quick snip in game, to show what it kind of looks like. You can control a bunch of stuff, like target line, names, size, scaling, all that. I just turned on a few of the options and used snipping tool to only capture that part of the screen.

htw

mq2radar.png

Oh My God! I think I love you!!!

It's been forever since I was able to get that to work and I always used to rely heavily on it (I could always see it much better than the in game maps)

Can't wait to try it out tonight!

Thanks glad it is working now. but i have noticed that the map part is not working in the newr zones like rof and cotf have not tried voa yet.

Thanks glad it is working now. but i have noticed that the map part is not working in the newr zones like rof and cotf have not tried voa yet.
I can't get maps to show up at all. It's still great for what I need it for (direction of players and mobs) but would be nice to have the map show up as well.

I can't get maps to show up at all. It's still great for what I need it for (direction of players and mobs) but would be nice to have the map show up as well.
They're showing up for me. Is it for any zone, or just certain zones that you don't see the map?

htw

Had this working the other day but now I cant get it to work to save my life!

I patched mq2, loaded the dsurface, then logged into eq. It says radar is loaded but none of the commands work. I just get invalid command for all of them.

They're showing up for me. Is it for any zone, or just certain zones that you don't see the map?

htw
All zones. I had this issue before it broke altogether too. Forgot what I did to solve it then. Or if I ever did.

Had this working the other day but now I cant get it to work to save my life!

I patched mq2, loaded the dsurface, then logged into eq. It says radar is loaded but none of the commands work. I just get invalid command for all of them.
Radar needs DSurface to be loaded but DSurface needs to be injected to EQ before MQ2 for Radar to be able to see it. There's a specific sequence you have to load things in or it doesn't work.

For me the sequence is:

Load EQ to server select.
Load DSurface (make sure the DSurface icon is in the tray)
Load MQ2/MMOLoader
Continue to load EQ

Not really - for example, I do MQ2 then DSurface. The most common thing I notice, is how InnerSpace/WinEQ2 screw with it though.

htw

Not really - for example, I do MQ2 then DSurface. The most common thing I notice, is how InnerSpace/WinEQ2 screw with it though.

htw
I dont use either Inner Space or WinEQ2. But if I don't load in the sequence I posted above I get errors that Radar requires DSurface (shows up in red in my MQ2 chat window) and I get no display and no commands work.

And if I CTD and reload EQ without unloading everything and repeating the sequence the same thing happens, even if it was working initially.

Last edited:
I dont use either Inner Space or WinEQ2. But if I don't load in the sequence I posted above I get errors that Radar requires DSurface (shows up in red in my MQ2 chat window) and I get no display and no commands work.

And if I CTD and reload EQ without unloading everything and repeating the sequence the same thing happens, even if it was working initially.
Actually, now that I'm more awake, I retract most of my statement - you're right. (only excuse I can think of, is old and tired!)

htw

Old and tired is something I'm very familiar with!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's just me or what but haven't been able to get it to work at all since last week.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

When loading the plugin/DSurface combo there are 3 different results.

Red message in the MQ2 window stating Radar requires DSurface injected into EQ to function.

Green message in the MQ2 window indicating Radar is ready and functioning

Yellow message in the MQ2 window showing the plugin name, created by Odessa with an email address for support.

I keep getting the yellow message and no Radar display. I've tried every conceivable sequence when loading EQ/DSurface/MQ2 and none of them get me better than the Yellow message.

/grumble

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk