Question

Cbass

Reaction score
Hey all. I am back playing and I am going to 6 box and eventually 12 box or more... maybe.

Figured I would just ask the questions here openly so I could determine my future in the game. I read a bunch of threads but still not sure... so here goes:

I have no desire to play this game without a few MQ2 features turned on. I know it is an active hack, I really do get that... I understand running that hack could get me banned. I think it is called reach it or something like that where I can type /tar "name" and then /warp t. That and /zone are the only active hacks I ever used (though I rarely used /zone), and yes they are major ones. Since i haven't played in a LONG time, is /warp something now that will get me instabanned? Have they found a way to detect it when it happens? Are there certain servers they find it on more than others?

I do it responsibly. I do my best to make sure no one is even near me and usually never did it when someone else is in the zone. My old accounts weren't banned and I used to do it all the time, safely (or as safe as possible). I did occasionally use /zone also.

So anyway... any input on the above would be great before I go out and reactivate 6 of my accounts and then buy 6 more? Can I safely use /warp t as long as I do it intelligently?

Last edited:
I wouldn't /warp or /zone. But I am not an expert.

I appreciate that you wouldn't, however, I am looking for some hard data on the risks associated with it. I would rather not play the game if I can't do it. I just don't have enough time to dedicate to the game, so when I want to play I want to take some shortcuts.
Anyway, if someone could answer my original post I would appreciate it. Thanks much.

I dont personally have any experience with those active hacks but from what people say your just purely asking for a ban.

I don't think there has been any bans for warp over the last three years. I would not use it if you care for your account, but those using it have not had issues recently. I don't know anyone who uses zone commonly, but I've heard not reports of problems recently either.

These are plugins we don't draw attention to for obvious reasons and I am even uneasy about discussing them due to the extra attention directed towards them.

When they released the Fippy TLP server I got a 2 week suspension for using /fade. This was back in 2014 ish. There was one RMT'r that got his 36 accounts banned on my current server and he did use active hacks. Not sure if that was why he got the ban or not.

Last edited:
When they released the Fippy TLP server I got a 2 week suspension for using /fade. This was back in 2014 ish. There was one RMT'r that got his 36 accounts banned on my current server and he did use active hacks. Not sure if that was why he got the ban or not.

There were instant bans in place for:
/fade
/gate
/icamp

I don't know if that ever changed. But those were autobanned via a script from what I remember.

Been seeing this one "group" for a while where I could see on maps that the puller pops away from where the group is and pops back along with a mob that was no where near the area the group is at. Saw him set up his team at an area no one goes to because there is just no mobs there, but looks like he is pulling the whole zone from there one at a time. Little jealous, but too much risk for me. Not really worried about getting banned, life goes on and probably a better life lol. Anyway, that guys been doing like that for at least 6+ months as far as I know and still around. And the first time I saw him wasn't using maps. I was standing in his camp on my warrior and could see his puller pop out and back with a mob, so not exactly being "smart" about it.

Been seeing this one "group" for a while where I could see on maps that the puller pops away from where the group is and pops back along with a mob that was no where near the area the group is at. Saw him set up his team at an area no one goes to because there is just no mobs there, but looks like he is pulling the whole zone from there one at a time. Little jealous, but too much risk for me. Not really worried about getting banned, life goes on and probably a better life lol. Anyway, that guys been doing like that for at least 6+ months as far as I know and still around. And the first time I saw him wasn't using maps. I was standing in his camp on my warrior and could see his puller pop out and back with a mob, so not exactly being "smart" about it.
Aggro range is hardcoded at 600'. So if you move beyond 600', the mob deaggros you. So you cannot pull across a zone even with hacks. What you might be seeing is that the client is only updated on other locations every X seconds if you are outside 600 range. This means you would see a very staggered movement on the map for any spawn beyond that range that would only update precisely if they were in your group, on your xtarget, or on your target because that data is update real-time by server.

another way this could be accomplished is that a bard/chanter/druid/necro/shaman (I think that's all) could be charming a mob then getting a CoH ... the "pet" then pops back with the toon on the CoH

Dunno, my interpretation of what's going on and what's actually going on could be two different things. Not really worried about it, just noted. 90+% certain what he was doing involved /warp of some sort though. Doubt it was just CoTH and pet as I'd see his puller pop away and pop back with a mob. First time I saw him, his camp site was littered with corpse of nameds and PH for nameds at ALL (or most....not lke I stuck around long) of the spots. I don't really care about how he was doing it, but kinda discourteous to be in a current expansion zone pulling every single named there and pretty obvious with the MQ2. This last time he was pulling trash for the zone rare.

There were instant bans in place for:
/fade
/gate
/icamp

I don't know if that ever changed. But those were autobanned via a script from what I remember.

Well damn, warping would have been way easier than using /fade as my shitty FD!

weren't there other tools that used warp also? Reachit and another one that summons your corpse?

It's been a long time, so I am having trouble remembering what they are called... I don't use any active hacks anymore at all. Although I have been thinking about using some speed hacks... Kinda like a perma-sow level of speed...

I probably won't do that either, because there is too much that I don't know... I literally don't know what I don't know... And that's the problem with active hacks...

weren't there other tools that used warp also? Reachit and another one that summons your corpse?

It's been a long time, so I am having trouble remembering what they are called... I don't use any active hacks anymore at all. Although I have been thinking about using some speed hacks... Kinda like a perma-sow level of speed...

I probably won't do that either, because there is too much that I don't know... I literally don't know what I don't know... And that's the problem with active hacks...

/gank, /sum corpse, /gate, /fade, /succor, /warp, /warp t, /warp s, /zone, /speed, /stealth, and probably a bunch more I never used or forgot about are all active hacks that were once part of my regular use. I haven't used any of them since the ban waves a few years ago, and I'm lucky that I had quit EQ for a while because I would definitely have been caught up in that wave.

Frankly, I wouldn't even enable the active stuff. You don't really need it anymore with FTP accounts and fellowships. Just make a bunch of mages, PL them to lvl 55 (or is it 52?) where they get Call of the Hero, and park them in spots using three rogue shrouded toons. At that point you just need to get your peeps to the zone you want, which today is easy.

Ok, so it is Lockjaw or Ragefire it seems for best solutions for me. Active hacks are "use at your own risk" on both those I assume? Its not one of the servers where no boxing or instabans happen right? I probably wont even need to use an active hack since it is a progression, but if no one else is in the zone and I need to get to the bottom, of say Sebillis, might be worth a rare /warp t.

By the way, if anyone has a guild on one of those server let me know..I will eventually be 12 boxing (or more) and would love a guild that understands my world :)

Playing on both these servers, I have seen WoeBot (the anti afk botting GM) lurking on Ragefire quite a bit and there is much hate in general for botters. Lockjaw has a lower pop and much more relaxed atmosphere as it seems everyone is botters there.