Question for a possible plugin...

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
Anybody remember when they changed everybody for april fool's...is there some way to keep my EQ like that in stick figures cause i loved having to lag at all....

There is a way, you would need the .DLL they used to turn you into a Red Stick or find someone who has it. I had it for awhile, but my computer crashed, and i forgot to back up that file :/

guaranteed you can find that at eqinterface or something like that... I looked for it a few weeks after it went back to normal and found in there I believe.

or...

Attachments

• EQGraphicsDX9.STICK.MODELS.dll
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Now to be able to toggle it... So main client has normal models, and the extra 3 bot's clients are stickfigure.

How I do get this to work? I use different folders for multiple instances of eq on one computer. How would I use it? This might help me out a ton with my lag.

So i just take out my DX9 file and replace it? and ty for the file!

When i delete the dx9 file and replace it with that one when i patch EQ it trys to download it again...there someway i can make it not download that file?

Either skip the patcher or paste it in after you patch, but before you launch?

ive tried typing /patchme and /nolpad but that doesnt do anything..still goes thru the patcher.

Make this your target on your desktop shortcut for eq to avoid the patcher:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

- right click your shortcut, go to properties, and replace the target path there with that one above... if EQ is in a different directory you'll have to adjust it... that's just where it is on my comp.

now it wont even load EQ lol....and that path was correct for me too...lol i guess it wasnt meant to be!

tried replacing the file after patch...didnt work...now i changed everything back to normal and it wont let me run eq....pops up error...Please run Everquest.exe....so i do and it says the same thing...thinking im just gonna have to redownload EQ and not mess with anything lol

Ok so i got wineq running and everything and i have the file path set to go to EQ....but when i choose the patch option to OFF nothing pops up on the screen not eq or anything....then when i change the patch option to ON it runs just like normal no problems at all.

They've patched the dll multiple times since april fools. Just from that you're not going to get it to work.

Also, I have to ask the question what are you trying to achieve by using this dll? Graphical eye candy? it looked horrible.

brainiac;62567 Also said:
A whole lot less lag when boxing. For the bot toons in background I know it made a big difference. Your right tho, it was kinda of neat for a few days but did look goofy.

BB

A whole lot less lag when boxing. For the bot toons in background I know it made a big difference. Your right tho, it was kinda of neat for a few days but did look goofy.

BB

Load MQ2FPS and type /render bg off

That makes it so it only renders the UI stuff in the background, turning the boxing lag nightmare into a dream. You could also try /render fg on and see it in action.

sorry have been out of town...but to answer brianiac i liked it cause i had no lag whatsoever! I have to play on a laptop and lag can get bery bad but with the stick figures it was awesome lol!