Question about zonewide targetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

0xFFFF

Reaction score
Is that something the GMs can and does check?

Anyone had any experiences with that? I know im paranoid and using tinfoil hat, but damn, would bum me out to loose account for doing something as trivial as targetting a mob somewhere in the zone to get targetline up on map lol.

If a GM is watching you for an extended period of time and notices that you consistantly move towards specific targets in a straight line over long distances, he may question you about it. So have a good answer ready in advance.

I always am cautious about this as well ... I get the urge to target a GM when he zones in so I can see where he is but then I think they have reverse HOTT or something and can see if someone is targeting them. So I just looking for him on the map, once he zoned right on top of me then hid, needless to say I freaked out ..

Some people say that if you target over X distance it can set off flags, but to my knowledge no one has ever been banned for using passive mq2(map/targeting/captions/SuperWho) not considering macros as passive either.

If targetting GM across zone, or targetting anything a lot across zone mattered, I would sure as hell have been banned by now LOL. I am a /tar'ing fool.

Besides, if you watch the packets when you do this, there ain't anything special going on.

OTOH, if you commonly force target an untargetable, that's between you and Innoruk.

htw

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Gonna use /tar a little more casually now.

Status
Not open for further replies.