Question about MQ2Autoforage

HardOne

Rawk On!
Reaction score
Is there any way we can get the way MQ2AutoForage ini is setup to change?

Currently, the ini information is stored in ServerName_CharName.ini. The way it identifies what to keep/destroy is grouped by zone and item. This means that every zone that has "Roots" will have an entry to keep/destroy that item.

I think it would be a bit cleaner, and easier to manually change if the entries were not zone specific.

I like using AutoForage, but end up using Melee + Cursor for my foraging.

Actually, you bring up an excellent idea. Tell you what, I will go ahead and change it so you can do global, and char, and zone. that way you get the best of all worlds. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion!

I will post when I put up the update.

htw

/plugin mq2melee
/melee forage=1

/plugin mq2autodestroy
/autodestroy on
/autodestroy always (while i have item in cursor, but think u can type it in)

anyways thats what i do atm

/plugin mq2melee
/melee forage=1

/plugin mq2autodestroy
/autodestroy on
/autodestroy always (while i have item in cursor, but think u can type it in)

anyways thats what i do atm

MQ2Cursor does pretty much the same thing, I believe MQ2Cursor was supposed to be a combination of AutoDestroy and Feedme, but I've never tried the feedme portion.

Every time an item is foraged I get the messge
"Bad status in ini for item [Item Name] in any zone entry (path to MQ2AutoForage.ini). Using global setting."
There is no MQ2AutoForage.ini, and the settings are stored in server_Character.ini. Additionally the plugin is not adding anything to the ini to track items foraged.

Every time an item is foraged I get the messge
There is no MQ2AutoForage.ini, and the settings are stored in server_Character.ini. Additionally the plugin is not adding anything to the ini to track items foraged.
Sorry for the hiccup - there was some old code in there that would default certain values to "NULL", instead of NULL, so the length check would be incorrect (i.e., if it didn't exist, it should be 0, but instead it was 4).

Fixed that, and it should do what it's supposed to now (update via loader).

htw

It is working now by adding items to the list by default, but I have another question.

Is the intent to keep the main settings and auto add list in the server_Character.ini, and the any list in MQ2AutoForage.ini?

The following is in my server_Character.ini
Code:
[MQ2AutoForage]
AutoKeepAll=on
AutoAddAll=on
AutoStart=off
StopOnHail=off
StopOnTell=off
StopOnAFK=off
StopOnGM=on
AutoRestart=on
MaxMinutes=170
Grand Guild Hall_Pod of Water=keep
Grand Guild Hall_Roots=keep

When I issued the commands /autoforage keepall, and /autoforage destroyall it created the MQ2AutoForage.ini with the following settings
Code:
[MQ2AutoForage]
Any_Roots=destroy
Any_Pod of Water=keep

I'm thinking this should all be in the MQ2AutoForage.ini.

And finally one other suggestion, would it be possible to organize the ini like so:
Code:
[All]
Pod of Water=Keep
Roots=keep

And enforce some sort of requirement that if it's on the All list you cannot add to any other list? Honestly I won't use anything but the All list.

Idea

Is there a way to make the autoforage limit the amount of items it will keep? I use it to get food and water, but it tends to fill up the inventory. If I could limit it to 20 of each item, it would help. It would probably be an ini file parameter on the item somehow.

I had planned on looking at the code and seeing if I could figure it out, but haven't had a chance yet.

The way I have it coded is:

global char level (all zones, for specific char, in server_toon.ini)
zone char level (specific zone(s), for specific char, in server_toon.ini)
global (all zones, for all chars, in MQ2AutoForage.ini)
golbal+zone (specific zone, for all chars, in MQ2AutoForage.ini)

I will try to look to make sure I didn't do it differently, and it's using the right INI file for each case, and will get back to you.

Any and all information you provide is appreciated, btw.

htw

Is there a way to make the autoforage limit the amount of items it will keep? I use it to get food and water, but it tends to fill up the inventory. If I could limit it to 20 of each item, it would help. It would probably be an ini file parameter on the item somehow.

I had planned on looking at the code and seeing if I could figure it out, but haven't had a chance yet.
Hmm, I thought there was, but I will check. If so, I will update here and the wiki. I am not where I can see the code right now. If there isn't a way, I can add that.

htw