qswarm and swarm

burdsjm

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Anyone know a good way of adding /pet qswarm and swarm to the /pet attack of mq2melee or mq2bot?

Thanks!

What do those commands actually do?

makes spam pets attack another target without their owner getting hit

so /pet swarm makes them attack

and /pet qswarm makes them attack, then attack again without another command?

so /pet swarm makes them attack

and /pet qswarm makes them attack, then attack again without another command?

qswarm is a queue they will attack that target after the pets current target is dead.

/if (${Me.XTarget[1].PctAggro} && ${SpawnCount[npc XXXXX`s pet radius 100 zradius 40]}>=1) /pet swarm

Likely not the best solution but it is what I am using atm until I find something better.

I didn't try putting ${Me.Name} in for the XXXXX yet I am putting each chars name in manually.

You could use that as a basis for qswarm using the various XTargets too but I didn't see a need for all that.

/if (${Me.XTarget[1].PctAggro} && ${SpawnCount[npc XXXXX`s pet radius 100 zradius 40]}>=1) /pet swarm

Likely not the best solution but it is what I am using atm until I find something better.

I didn't try putting ${Me.Name} in for the XXXXX yet I am putting each chars name in manually.

You could use that as a basis for qswarm using the various XTargets too but I didn't see a need for all that.

I like this.

The only bad thing about that shit would be the constant spamming of the command. While the pet is up you'd be sending that command 20-30 times a second.

I found 2 flaws in it...

First it is a ` not a '

Second I had to add a hp check. Was not fun pulling and them going off at 100.

${Me.Target[1].PctHPs}<=97

And yes I agree it is not ideal.

But we don't have anything I know of to check for Familiars and Swarm pets and tell if they are already aggro since the expansion release.
I am sure those TLO are forthcoming if possible.

How would one tell if the swarm pets were all already engaged easily?
I sure have no idea.

Couldn't you just add /pet swarm to each line where you have /pet attack in the macro?

Well I have mine set as a custom in bot.mac.

And I am not sure that would be any better.
My /pet attack in both melee and bot.mac spam like 10 times on engage.
Besides that would be up to the guys that maintain such things not I.

Not to mention just because the main pet is engaged does not mean all the swarms are.
There is no ${Pet.Aggro} or ${Me.Pet.PctAggro} etc so it just spams /pet attack as far as I can see.
There is no ${Pet.Familiar} ${Pet.Swarm[1]} etc either yet.

I am guessing here but I would guess you would need to do an animation check or something to tell what isn't attacking. Then your getting into a loop really to check each swarm pet.
I mean you could just check one, but if that one you checked is freshly cast vs an old cast you aren't doing what you intend.

So without better TLO or a loop etc it is really the best I can come up with.
There are smarter people here than I though maybe one of them has a better idea.

I actually hope somebody does come up with a better idea....

swarm vs qswarm

Couldn't you just add /pet swarm to each line where you have /pet attack in the macro?

If you're gonna add one of the new attacks to a macro every time you /pet attack, I'd recommend /pet qswarm. Let me explain.

If you're fighting 1 mob, either would do the exact same thing. If you're fighting multiple mobs and using the main pet to grab / hold aggro or offtank, you wouldn't automatically want the pets swapping.