Profile builder - need help

PeteSampras

Your UI is fucking you. Stop using it.
Reaction score
So I started a large scale project to be able to build INI projects by figuring out all of your spells/gear/aa/disc/etc, creating a master list of all possible TLO combinations, then allowing you to interactively edit the INIs and create conditions and options on the fly by just clicking what you want using a webpage or something similar. Turns out, it is a lot of work and I dont know all the coding I need to know to do it. Much like how you eat an elephant, I am starting one bite at a time.

I don't know html or css or javascript well at all. I can copy and paste and look up 1 thing at a time and figure it out. So if someone knows what they are doing and wants to take on a project, let me know!

In the mean time, I have written a macro to create the basic shell of a profile. It is basically like a ghetto merger of magelo and a bot mac ini. It is only about 50% complete. All of the home/base screens are empty still, but the menus and links will auto populate and it will figure out your sorted spells/discs by using the ini generated from makeini.mac.

What to do:
1. Run makeini.mac
2. Run profile.mac
3. open up /mq2/logs/profile.mac.log and remove all the timestamps. for some reason mq2log is adding timestamps no matter what.

rename profile.mac.log to profile.html and you are done.

What I can't test: Discs. I dont have a melee, let me know if the disc section works, or post your html. See if all your clickies and AA are added correctly.

If there are graphical issues, what browser are you using? It was only testing in IE and Firefox but a couple bits were added for safari and opera.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Pete if you need a melee toon to test stuff on and me a pm. I would be willing to give access to one of my melee tons for testing purposes etc. Just let me know if you want

Edit : about to go to bed so if you pm me and I don't answer right away that's why

Last edited:
Pete, if you have questions about something dealing with javascript or html coding, you are welcome to send me a message and I can likely answer it. I can probably answer a bit of CSS stuff as well, but I don't spend as much time in it since I don't usually handle interface design, I'm more of a back end programmer.

However, if you are just looking for someone that can fully take on the website coding side of things for your project, I unfortunately don't have time to take on another full project right now.

Thanks. Right now I just want to focus on pulling information from game/ini. I will worrying about pushing information to or building an INI at a later date. I have just been doing several tutorials to get basic grasps on several coding languages and this project could allow me to learn some of them even if nothing comes out of it. Anyway, for now I just need the confirmation that the Disc menu correctly populates and if there are any browser errors.

The goal is to have a self inclusive htm or html that can do that. Or if nothing else could be used as an easy marketplace template.

Bump. Anyone with a melee disc able to test this for me so I can ensure disc menu is populating? ¿Por favor? Gracias!

Here we go. No DISC section for me.

Using Firefox 25.0.1

I Do love what you have sofar.. really nice alternate to Magelo.

Oh and is a 100 Warrior

Thanks, just to check, you did run the makeini.mac first and that should have created an INI in your macros folder called "Ini_YourCharName_Warrior.ini" That is what it would pull the Disc info from.

Sure did

Code:
[Settings]
Option=Heal|Nuke|Dot|Pet|AA|Harvest|SelfBuff|Buff|Snare|Jolt|Debuff|Command|ImHit|Mez|Lifetap|Root|
OptionType=2|1|2|1|1|1|1|2|3|1|2|1|1|1|2|
Assist=
AssistAt=
[AA]
AAColor=Purple
AATotal=6
AASpellName1=Area Taunt
AAConditions1=($\{Range.Between[1,98:$\{Target.PctHPs})
AARecast1=0s
AASpellName2=First Spire of the Warlord
AAConditions2=($\{Range.Between[1,98:$\{Target.PctHPs})
AARecast2=90s
AASpellName3=Second Spire of the Warlord
AAConditions3=($\{Range.Between[1,98:$\{Target.PctHPs})
AARecast3=90s
AASpellName4=Third Spire of the Warlord
AAConditions4=($\{Range.Between[1,98:$\{Target.PctHPs})
AARecast4=90s
AASpellName5=Enhanced Area Taunt
AAConditions5=($\{Range.Between[1,98:$\{Target.PctHPs})
AARecast5=0s
AASpellName6=Call of Challenge
AAConditions6=($\{Range.Between[1,98:$\{Target.PctHPs})
AARecast6=48s
[Clicky]
ClickyColor=Orange
ClickyTotal=2
ClickySpellName1=Double Trouble
ClickyConditions1=($\{Range.Between[1,98:$\{Target.PctHPs} && !$\{FindItem[$\{ClickySpellName1}].Timer})

Well huh, that didnt generate a [Disc] section for you. This is the only check to call the section:

Code:
/if (!${Me.Class.Caster} && !${Me.Class.Priest}) /call Disc

Does this return as FALSE FALSE if you type:
/echo ${Me.Class.Caster} ${Me.Class.Priest}

Because that should put an INI entry in [Disc] just by making it to the subroutine.

Sigh. I have no idea why it isn't working if that is the case. This is vexing. I am terribly vexed.

Ok, i see the problem and fixed it. There was also an error in the profile.mac once it started to actually pull the data. So you would need to download both. Xeniaz will fix the having to remove timestamp issues, right now it forces timestamps when you /mqlog but we can have that changed here hopefully in the next day or two.

EDIT: I made a level 1 melee toon to test it, I remembered they got throw stone in tutorial. So it is all working as intended for the parsing bit. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Here is my current run of it. I re-ran both of them, and included them.

According to the 0 downloads on the 2 files, you didnt redownload them prior to running. That would explain the lack of [Disc] section this go round.

Derp. Was late, I was 2 minutes from bed LOL.

Will re-download and re-try. (At work)

Ok so ran it, and yes it populates SOME of the DISCs.
I have attached the output, and html.
I also took screen caps of the DISC Lineup Magelo lists for that warrior.
I think I have a couple more Discs since that update, but basically here is the thing...
THe parse is only grabbing Discs from like.. 55 to 87. And nothing higher.

Thanks, and yes, it should only captures the last 5 levels of spells/discs unless told differently. However, i made a list of specific ones that were never replaced (as of 3 expansions ago) that were lower level and still checked and added to the list.

|Thousand Blades|Fortitude Discipline|Whirlwind Discipline|Deftdance Discipline|Weapon Shield Discipline|Deflection Discipline|Speed Focus Discipline|Nimble Discipline|

But now that I see your actual list and levels, something is off, maybe a menu changed. It is looking in the second column on the disc list window. I'll track it down after work today. Thanks again!

htw was on point and updated mq2log so you can turn off timestamps.
http://www.mmobugs.com/updates/install/MQ2Log.dll

/plugin mq2log
/tslog 0

then you can turn them back on if you want:
/tslog 1

That way you can /mac profile and it wont have the timestamps and all you have to do is rename it to a .html. Hurray htw!

Those won't work. Has to be:

/tslog off
/tslog on
or just: /tslog

htw