Problems with Downshits and holyshits

JDEKnox

Knox
Reaction score
all of a sudden my computer doesn't do them any more?? files are still there, I'm using the correct installation of MQ~ it's just they do not seem to fire any more?

w the vague info given

stab in the dark

after u reboot after u verify MQ is running after u verify melee plugin is loaded then verify mq2cast is loaded

MQ2cast stops working after 48 days or so of your computer being on. it like goes higher than the math allows it to counting seconds and causes it not to function. requires a reboot. that may have been your problem.

HA did not know that
good info ty

Would that effect things like sneak / hide not firing too?
It affects all kinds of timing issues. It's due to the limitation of the function GetTickCount(), which is used for timing in a lot of plugins. The max you will get out of that, is approx 49.7 days.

I was thinking about writing a drop-in replacement, that would have the same resolution, with a max of approximately 52 million years, hopefully that would resolve such issues.

htw

Would that effect things like sneak / hide not firing too?
It affects all kinds of timing issues. It's due to the limitation of the function GetTickCount(), which is used for timing in a lot of plugins. The max you will get out of that, is approx 49.7 days.

I was thinking about writing a drop-in replacement, that would have the same resolution, with a max of approximately 52 million years, hopefully that would resolve such issues.

htw

Bah, that's only a bandaid, what happens when we hit 52 million years?! Just another patch?!