Problems connecting with WinEQ

Villageidiot

Captain Douchebag
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a problem with connecting with wineq2? When i try it fails using wineq2 but when i log in using normal EQ login, it works fine. Any ideas or suggestions?

Does it hang or is there a time out error?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Are you getting logged in using WinEQ at all, if you log out to character select, enter the wrong username or passowrd while logging in to character, you have to kill that Wineq instance, and load another to get back in, it just holds you up at the login screen if that ever happens.

Not sure if that is your issue or you can't even load an instance up of it.

I can log in on other accounts but just one cannot, I'm not the ony person to, someone else has tried with the same prob with thisaccount

I can log in on other accounts but just one cannot, I'm not the ony person to, someone else has tried with the same prob with thisaccount

So you're able to log into this account without WinEQ, but with WinEQ you are unable to? Are you sure you've the configurations correct in the .ini for the session name? I take it you're using AutoLogin?

Yes it gives a timeout error when trying to login to the account

Did you try what I said, kill of the Wineq instance completely then execute it again? This happens to me every time I enter a wrong username or password, or logout to server select and let it go idle for over 5 mins, retrying to log back in never works.

So you're able to log into this account without WinEQ, but with WinEQ you are unable to? Are you sure you've the configurations correct in the .ini for the session name? I take it you're using AutoLogin?

Nope not using auto login. Default profile , same default profile I just used with the other account I have logged in. I'll check to make sure I have the latest version when I get home

Yes it gives a timeout error when trying to login to the account

Did you try what I said, kill of the Wineq instance completely then execute it again? This happens to me every time I enter a wrong username or password, or logout to server select and let it go idle for over 5 mins, retrying to log back in never works.

I thought I tried closing it out but I'll try again when I get home

I know I get this all the time too.

I think it has to do with how fast Autologin interacts with the session.

Maybe we can get an adjustable delay on the prompts?

I don't use Autologin plugin, and still have the issue. If you type your password incorrect you'll notice you'll have to kill of the wineq instance and restart a fresh one, as it will just hang there.

I don't use Autologin plugin, and still have the issue. If you type your password incorrect you'll notice you'll have to kill of the wineq instance and restart a fresh one, as it will just hang there.

Hey aspire, shoot me a msg on IRC when you see this. I have more information for you in regards to this problem.