Problem with AutoLogin

Shaz

Reaction score
Trying to use AutoLogin with Innerspace. Kinda works but always crashes first or second char (im using three).
Without AutoLogin im never crashing. I think the error message is from Innerspace. If lets say first char crashes it then takes second or third slot instead, so first char goes to second slot second char to third and third char never gets logged on. So trying to restart with Innerspace dont work as it tries to login first char on slot one that now allready is logged on at slot two.
Im not using mmobugs eqlaunchpad is that my problem? Never could understand how im supposed to do it with Innerspace (never found how to export a Innerspace profile). And as it worked with starting mmobugs and then EQ with Innerspace I never thought more about it, not until now when I have problem with using AutoLogin.
Im sure this is a newb problem, but hope I could get a point in the right direction atleast.

Last edited:
I was having a problem with my 6th one always crashing using autologin. I switched to use

Code:
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1

and my problems went away.

I was having a problem with my 6th one always crashing using autologin.

I use WinEQ2 with UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1

I have a similar problem in that my first 5 characters load fine with autologin, but the 6th character doesn't seem to have MQ2 injected into that window, and it just does nothing at the login screen.

If I manually log that character in to game, he doesn't seem have MQ2 injected.

I can no longer log in quickly. I have to wait for each character to be completely in game. I used to be able to get a char loading server then start the next session. Now, when I do this, one of the sessions I already have up crashes.

I can no longer log in quickly. I have to wait for each character to be completely in game. I used to be able to get a char loading server then start the next session. Now, when I do this, one of the sessions I already have up crashes.
Nothing changed with standard logins. I launch 4 to 5 back to back no issues.

Send a crash dump.

htw

having similar issues as well I can get 5/6 in but the one toon continuously crashes, i have wiped my PC of all data on this toon and yet same thing

i'll gladly send you the info just tell me where to find it

The thing is, sessions do not interact with each other, as far as MQ2 - and MQ2AutoLogin - are concerned. Each copy of EQ gets MQ2Main injected, it's own copy. That then loads configured plugins, including MQ2Autologin - again, each it's own copy. They are in no way interlinked, communicating, cross referencing, or anything else. Any issue with 'more than 1 session', or like a 6th session, etc., cannot be related to it.

I'm happy to take a look at the dump file(s), and report to you via email reply as to what I see, but I can say with certainty up front, it's not going to point to MQ2AutoLogin.

If anything, I would be more inclined to point to their constant 'tweaking' (SOE) of their dx code, and it's always been buggy, and still is. Loading sessions fast, as windows is trying to handle the memory allocation, etc., and it's probably causing it's own crash.

At any rate, don't worry about that part, just go ahead and send email to me at htwmmo@gmail.com, mention who you are on the forums here (or at least explain which issue you have in detail), and attach the debug.dmp file. Check the date/time stamp of it, so you know you're sending a crash dump related to the issue you're talking about. Works best if you send it right after you have the crash, that way it's easy to tell by the debug.dmp date/time that it's certainly the crash that just happened.

I'll take a look, and then get back to you in email. If anything of interest is seen in general, I'll post the general info here as well.

NOTE: As per the crash report thread, the debug.dmp is located in the Logs directory of where you have EverQuest installed. Example: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\Logs. You will also see a dbg.txt, don't worry about that one, it's of limited use to me.

htw

One thing I just thought of, is that unless you are having an issue that it's not logging your account in correctly, and you are trying to troubleshoot why, you should leave Debug off in the MQ2AutoLogin.ini config file. I can't guarantee how well the current code is forgiving of access locks. You can always try that, and see if it helps you any. That would be the only situation the plugin could be doing something from multiple copies, that might access the same thing (i.e., all copies writing to the log file at the same time).

htw