problem getting started

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I installed all the disc for titanium, when i go to the eqhost to change it , it tells me it cannot create it and to make sure the file name and path is correct. does anyone know what im doing wrong? any help is apreciated , thank you all.

you opened the file eqhost.txt in notepad or wordpad and it won't let you save it?

this file is in the same directory where your titanium was installed

reply to help

i went to the everquestemu folder i created within my sony folder, and scrolled down to eqhost, aopend it up , highlighted the current text,copied the new text in, went to save, and thats when the problem keeps coming up ,

and yes it is a notepad file in which eqhost is on.

more details

when i go to copy and replace the text with[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998, when i go to save it it tells me " Cannot create C:\Program Files\Sony\EverquestEMU\eqhost.txt file.
Make sure that the path and file name are correct"
so i click ok and takes me to the save on notepad area, in file name it says eqhost, i press ok and it tells me it already exist , would i liek to replace it , i say yes and it takes me rigth back to the previous error message (stating it cannot create it)

when i go to copy and replace the text with[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998, when i go to save it it tells me " Cannot create C:\Program Files\Sony\EverquestEMU\eqhost.txt file.
Make sure that the path and file name are correct"
so i click ok and takes me to the save on notepad area, in file name it says eqhost, i press ok and it tells me it already exist , would i liek to replace it , i say yes and it takes me rigth back to the previous error message (stating it cannot create it)

make sure you running notepad in admin is one guess

also make sure the folder it's in isn't protected for some odd reason

sweet

well i feel kinda dumb for not thinking of that ,considering i have been at this for nearly 4 days on and off (finially decided to look for some help today) but it immidently saved it in administrator mode, thank you so much , i hope the rest os smooth sailing and i can get on there. again i thank you for your help.

i finally got to download sod from queens link but i used utorrent to dl it and now when i try to open it up -after i get the not enough storage to do thsi command on the utorrent screen.

i see no files or any form of normal eq files or in the file i downloaded is there s specific way to open the dl out?

im not a torrent guy so not sure what im missing

no still have 446 GB left free

thats what i cant figure out it doesnt give me the unzip option just shows a folder with rarfile

none anywhere i look and when i try to even open the file it has dled it doesnt even look like a file but it does say 6.21 gb in it so i know there is what i need inside i just cant get it out or fiund anyway to yet

none anywhere i look and when i try to even open the file it has dled it doesnt even look like a file but it does say 6.21 gb in it so i know there is what i need inside i just cant get it out or fiund anyway to yet
Install something that will handle rar files, like winrar, 7-zip, etc.

htw

that was it i didnt have a way to unzip i guess loaded 7 zip and was able to unzip so now i can play thx HTw