Price drop in Marketplace

Blujahz

Your spell fizzled!
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but I noticed prices are cut in half on services in the EQ Marketplace. Server transfer tokens are now 1250 instead of 2500. Extra character slots are 400 instead of 800.

It prompted me to buy a few of these services where I wouldn't have at normal price.

So $12.50 to server transfer?

Velly interesting...

Are there even discounts to lower that currently? I don't do much with the Marketplace since I don't wanna get tempted to blow even more money on EQ!

So $12.50 to server transfer?

Velly interesting...

Are there even discounts to lower that currently? I don't do much with the Marketplace since I don't wanna get tempted to blow even more money on EQ!

Buy a 1500SC card from Walmart, and you get 2000SC

So.... since again I don't use Station Cash much...

I could buy 2000SC for $15.00 from Walmart.

Then I can use 1250 of that to buy a server transfer token from the Station Marketplace.

Then I can just keep that token in my inventory until such time as I decide to transfer to a new server? No expiration date on that?

That's like transferring for $9.38, effectively...

Anyone know if they are still doing account transfers by petitioning with the server transfer token purchased? I know they were doing that at one point after they took the automated transfer offline.

Anyone know if they are still doing account transfers by petitioning with the server transfer token purchased? I know they were doing that at one point after they took the automated transfer offline.

Yeah, they are. You can either pay the 25 bucks by credit card, or leave a transfer token in inventory and they will just remove that as payment.

So the transfers aren't automated, anymore?

Is that a pain with "acquired" accounts? Do they ask any uncomfortable questions?

So the transfers aren't automated, anymore?

Is that a pain with "acquired" accounts? Do they ask any uncomfortable questions?

Server to server are automated, account to account (which I think is what Devestator was referring to) are not automated. And yes, for account to account they ask for all info.

So all that is needed for account to account transfer is the following:

1] Account with expansions to transfer to. Is matching info needed?
2] Transfer token on the account that is to be transferred off of
3] All the details/information about the account being transferred off of
4] Put in a petition

Please correct me if I am wrong, I have never done an account transfer before.

Thanks!

4] Put in a petition

Thanks!

Pretty much. The name on the accounts have to match, and possibly DOB.

4] Put in a petition

Thanks!

Pretty much. The name on the accounts have to match, and possibly DOB.

Name doesn't have to match. Just have a good story.

4] Put in a petition

Thanks!

You need two tokens. One token for an account transfer, another for a server transfer. If you're only doing an account transfer, you buy the token, keep it in your inventory, submit your petition and if it goes through, they will remove your token as "payment" for the account to account transfer.

AFAIK, the registered information on the account has to match. If they question the billing, simply say you're having a friend pay for you.

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but I noticed prices are cut in half on services in the EQ Marketplace. Server transfer tokens are now 1250 instead of 2500. Extra character slots are 400 instead of 800.

It prompted me to buy a few of these services where I wouldn't have at normal price.

Potion of Amnesia, Disgenderment and the Witness Protection Pack are all half off as well; it seems every "Service" item is half off atm.

Just bought two character transfer tokens and a witness pack.

I transfered a character from one account to another, both having different names, neither of which were the same as the billing information. Now, this was about a month before the hacking of Sony, so unless something has changed since then, as long as the billing info matches, and you have a reasonable explanation for the names, and a CS who doesn't feel like giving you a hard time, you should be fine. This was creating a new account to give to a friend who was returning, btw. I had to know the SQ/SA of course.

I transfered a character from one account to another, both having different names, neither of which were the same as the billing information. Now, this was about a month before the hacking of Sony, so unless something has changed since then, as long as the billing info matches, and you have a reasonable explanation for the names, and a CS who doesn't feel like giving you a hard time, you should be fine. This was creating a new account to give to a friend who was returning, btw. I had to know the SQ/SA of course.

Ive moved 6 characters this month alone without any of the info from either account being the same. Aslong as you have all the info for both accounts they dont ask questions nothing needs to match anymore. I was on the phone with them yesterday and he said all they need is the info from the account the character is moving from the account they're going to does not matter he said.

Last edited:
so you are saying now they dont have to match?

I remember that they talked to you like you were stupid for even asking to try and transfer a character off a account that didnt match the info. one CSR told me not to even bother to try and do it...

so you are saying now they dont have to match?

I remember that they talked to you like you were stupid for even asking to try and transfer a character off a account that didnt match the info. one CSR told me not to even bother to try and do it...
No, names dont have to match. CC info doesnt need to match. Emails don't need to match

Just be prepared to verify information on each acct: A CC used, the email address, the SQ (always)

One CSR told me the names don't even matter any more: They realize people don't always use their real or correct names when registering - that kids use fake names and others prefer not to have their real info attached to a game acct.