pot in the US

shroom93

Lifetimer
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the growing acceptance of marijuana in the united states for medicinal purposes? Several of the states have it completely legalized for recreational purposes also.

I for one live in a state that has yet to legalize it for either. I have some health issues, (chronic pain) honest. I would rather stop the pain meds altogether and use marijuana if it really helps with pain. It's got to be healthier for you than pain meds ( with acetaminophen which is what I take ). Their are lots of ways to use MJ. Some of them include vaporizers, old school rolled joint (lol), edibles, water bongs, etc.. I would think any of the 3, vaporizer, edibles or water bong would be easy on your lungs as compared to actually smoking a joint rolled in a rolling paper.

What's your opinions on this?
Thanks in advance,
John

What do you guys think about the growing acceptance of marijuana in the united states for medicinal purposes? Several of the states have it completely legalized for recreational purposes also.

I for one live in a state that has yet to legalize it for either. I have some health issues, (chronic pain) honest. I would rather stop the pain meds altogether and use marijuana if it really helps with pain. It's got to be healthier for you than pain meds ( with acetaminophen which is what I take ). Their are lots of ways to use MJ. Some of them include vaporizers, old school rolled joint (lol), edibles, water bongs, etc.. I would think any of the 3, vaporizer, edibles or water bong would be easy on your lungs as compared to actually smoking a joint rolled in a rolling paper.

What's your opinions on this?
Thanks in advance,
John

I relocated from Missouri to Michigan in 2010 because of the change in the laws. I 100% believe in the medical purpose of Marijuana. I doubt anytone that is actually sick is going to be able to go cold turkey on the meds they already take. They could reduce them slowly for joint pain/arithmetic problems.

The biggest issue currently is it is the Wild West and most growers look at it like that. They do not care if the cannabis they grow is clean/disease/mold free. At least the majority of growers I know do not care, or actually allow for crops to finish because it is all about Money to them. I was one of them when I started.

Joint - Negative is you get smoke/tar in your longs. This is a bad effect, but only really an issue for chronic smokers.

Water Bong - Cleans the smoke but also removes some of the thc/cbd with the water purification.

Vaporizer - Probably cleanest way to smoke it. With Vap pens you can basically smoke it anyplace you can smoke a cig pen. Low oder

Edibles - These have a complete different effect then smoking, a lot of times this is more like a drunk buzz for people. Depending on what the edibles are made of effects potency and duration. If you are going to OD on pot, this is how/when you do it. These are unpredictable at times.

topical salve - You can make it into a lotion/cream so you can apply it topically like a joint pain cream or to a sun blemish spot

BHO/ISO/HashOil/Earwax - Basically this is cannabis that has gone through and extraction process to pull out as much of the CBD/THC as possible and leave you with a concentrated batch, can be smoked like this or used to make edibles or smoked.

Canna Pills - This is basically BHO diluted with a carrier oil so that you can put it in a pill capsule and just take a pill in the morning. Medical field is currently trying to do this but they are changing the actual make up losing its effectiveness.

They have over 1000 strains of marijuana and they all act differently, from CBD(pain reduction) to THC(Mind psychoactive) part). The one thing they have found is if you remove the CBD or the THC portion you don't get the same effect. Both are needed in order to really get any help. Even if its just a small amount, its more based on your bodies make up IMO.

EDIT 2
Lot of people use chemical based nutrients that are high in metals and other nasty things for the body, be sure you smoke organic. Taste better and is healthier.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is going to be good for the country.

Like we don't have enough problems already.

And don't get me wrong. If consuming pot can legitimately help someone with pain I'm all for it. But the legalization of pot IMO is 10% for the benefit of legimately needful people, 45% to allow people to get stoned legally and 45% to make obscene profits for others.

This nation needs another cause of stupidity about as much as it needs Hillary for president after Obama.

Yeah, this is going to be good for the country.

Like we don't have enough problems already.

And don't get me wrong. If consuming pot can legitimately help someone with pain I'm all for it. But the legalization of pot IMO is 10% for the benefit of legimately needful people, 45% to allow people to get stoned legally and 45% to make obscene profits for others.

This nation needs another cause of stupidity about as much as it needs Hillary for president after Obama.

Maybe you don't see the fact that over 50% of the country is stoned legally on prescription drugs. That are man made and legally pushed because big business. These all have side effects worse then the buzz of 30% thc cannabis.

As for Hillary. I don't think we could do worse then Obama, unless its Hillary.

As much as I hate to agree with anything that JJ ever shits out, he is pretty much right on this one. The big drug companies don't want gramps at home self medicating. They want him paying $100 a pill for their "FDA Approved", highly addictive pain meds.

And how, you say, did it even become "FDA Approved" to begin with? I would guess it has something do do with the $3,103,588,993 dollars that they have spend lobbying to get their own way.

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/top.php?indexType=i

There's a BIG movement, driven again by both money interests and people who wanna get stoned, for approval of recreational use of pot, with no more restrictions than currently on tobacco---maybe even less given how tobacco smokers are being relegated to "the back of the bus" these days. That's entirely different than people being medicated on prescription drugs. At least with those unless someone wants to seriously break the law they need to get a doctor to approve their use. If pot gets approved for recreational use... well, it's not going to improve this country one iota.

I just read how one company in Colorado is moving to South Carolina because their work force is coming in stoned every day. Give it a few more months and see how that contributes to Colorado's economy.

There's a BIG movement, driven again by both money interests and people who wanna get stoned, for approval of recreational use of pot, with no more restrictions than currently on tobacco---maybe even less given how tobacco smokers are being relegated to "the back of the bus" these days. That's entirely different than people being medicated on prescription drugs. At least with those unless someone wants to seriously break the law they need to get a doctor to approve their use. If pot gets approved for recreational use... well, it's not going to improve this country one iota.

I just read how one company in Colorado is moving to South Carolina because their work force is coming in stoned every day. Give it a few more months and see how that contributes to Colorado's economy.

I think more deaths from Rx drugs then from illegal narcotics combined. People are already stoned / out of their minds, yet people do not think its bad because its prescribed by the doctor.

That company that is moving to SC I would wager if they took a full tox screen and dinged everyone that was on Rx Narcotics, it would be higher then people who smoked pot in the last month.

Cannabis, shouldn't be illegal. It does need regulation just not the FDA.

I had my hip replaced 2 years ago at age 32, and was on OxyCodone for 3 years while working with the VA to replace it (they didn't want to due to my age). For 3 years, I was zombie in a wheelchair.

One day I was pretty much fuck it and smoked some pot. It help my pain as much as the Oxys and I was able to function. I haven't touched narcotics since. Here in Pennsylvania, it's not legal in any form (state government has stonewalled it) and with using a federal healthcare provider I'll never be able to get it through the VA. Once the state pulls its head out of its ass, my PCP said he'd referral me outside the VA.

Most can't just stop taking the narcotics like I did, and while it wasn't easy...the choice was easiest enough. I'll be on either marijuana or narcotics for the rest of my life and I'd rather it'd be the one that doesn't kill me.