Possible pre-launch event info for next expansion

zdozbou

EQ Knowledge King
Reaction score
Was digging through eqgame.exe and found some new zone names (well, instance names, likely). I'm guessing these are going to be pre-launch events leading up to the next expansion. Seems like it might pick up on Cazic's death.

Shard's Landing
The Crystal Caverns: Fragment of Fear
East Wastes: Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening
Kael Drakkel: The King's Madness

Code:
.rdata:00937540 aShardslanding  db 'shardslanding',0    ; DATA XREF: sub_7576A0+4C89o
.rdata:0093754E                 align 10h
.rdata:00937550 ; char aShardSLanding[]
.rdata:00937550 aShardSLanding  db 'Shard',27h,'s Landing',0 ; DATA XREF: sub_7576A0+4C84o
.rdata:00937560 ; char aCrystalshard[]
.rdata:00937560 aCrystalshard   db 'crystalshard',0     ; DATA XREF: sub_7576A0+4C61o
.rdata:0093756D                 align 10h
.rdata:00937570 ; char aTheCrystalCave[]
.rdata:00937570 aTheCrystalCave db 'The Crystal Caverns: Fragment of Fear',0
.rdata:00937570                                         ; DATA XREF: sub_7576A0+4C5Co
.rdata:00937596                 align 4
.rdata:00937598 ; char aEastwastesshar[]
.rdata:00937598 aEastwastesshar db 'eastwastesshard',0  ; DATA XREF: sub_7576A0+4C39o
.rdata:009375A8 ; char aEastWastesZeix[]
.rdata:009375A8 aEastWastesZeix db 'East Wastes: Zeixshi-Kar',27h,'s Awakening',0
.rdata:009375D0 ; char aKaelshard[]
.rdata:009375D0 aKaelshard      db 'kaelshard',0        ; DATA XREF: sub_7576A0+4C11o
.rdata:009375DA                 align 4
.rdata:009375DC ; char aKaelDrakkelThe[]
.rdata:009375DC aKaelDrakkelThe db 'Kael Drakkel: The King',27h,'s Madness',0

those are going to be the new zones for living legacys, like such as revamped of those.

I don't think so, LL hasn't been instanced in the past. Plus, there are updated spells for ToV mobs in the string files. My money is on ToV being revamped for LL.

Seems like it will be the new Revamps. Maybe higher gear, VoA equivalent like last years.

those are going to be the new zones for living legacys, like such as revamped of those.

I don't think so, LL hasn't been instanced in the past. Plus, there are updated spells for ToV mobs in the string files. My money is on ToV being revamped for LL.

Another expansion is still 6months+ away.

Yeah, so? Pre-launch events start a month or two prior to that. At this time last year, we already had all the VoA zone names in the eqgame.exe file.

Would be alot more zones than that though, so has to be new revamps as they are older zones like the rest of the revamps, tend to be 2 or 3 revamps anyhow, and with how crowded they got the past couple years they probably making the 3 or 4 to keep it from being that way.

IDK, I guess it's possible. If you follow the current lore tho it makes sense that these zones / mission instances would lead us up to next expansion.

If it is revamps for LL then that will be cool, but unusual, since they are both in Velious. I actually agree with zdozbou that these could very well be pre-launch events. That would point to the new expansion having something to do with Velious. Crystal Caverns, Eastern Waste, Kael Drakkel, and a new zone called Shard's Landing? That really does point to something hitting Norrath in Velious. Something from space? A shard of some other planet? Kuua maybe? Luclin? Maybe they will blow Luclin up like in EQ2 and this will be the start of those events?

If it is revamps for LL then that will be cool, but unusual, since they are both in Velious. I actually agree with zdozbou that these could very well be pre-launch events. That would point to the new expansion having something to do with Velious. Crystal Caverns, Eastern Waste, Kael Drakkel, and a new zone called Shard's Landing? That really does point to something hitting Norrath in Velious. Something from space? A shard of some other planet? Kuua maybe? Luclin? Maybe they will blow Luclin up like in EQ2 and this will be the start of those events?

Retrieving the essence of Cazic that has been spread all over the world. Makes the most sense imo.