Ported against will

ChantillyLace

Reaction score
The subject should have been Ported against will. Stupid autocorrect.

Last night a bunch of people got ported to the guild lobby or maybe it was their bind point, don’t know. Could this have been a way daybreak ferrets out users?

Signed Super Paranoid

Last edited by a moderator:
What was going on at the time this happened?

?

I didnt hear of anyone on my server experiencing this. I was logged in till almost 2a Central, and back in at 7a.

I feel like if DB was trying to flush us out, there would be really easy ways not involving porting people randomly.

Last night a bunch of people got ported to the guild lobby or maybe it was their bind point, don’t know. Could this have been a way daybreak ferrets out users?

Signed Super Paranoid

Wizards/druids do this all the time. Basically any time they are ready to go to bind they tend to do a mass TL because its 'easier' and you never know who else might want to go back. So if anyone else was near you its likely just a TL'er wanting to go to lobby

I know what a TL looks like. I didn't click on anything. I was memming new spells. There was someone else who complained about being ported in a different zone at the same time or maybe a little bit after.

From what I am told, Daybreak only really cracks down on AFK botters, warpers, and people who openly brag or being blatantly obvious about using MQ2. If your not doing any of that you shouldn't be worried.

The zone could of been restarted, or brought down to fix a problem, so they punted you out. Who knows.

had the strangest thing happen the other day 1 of my toons just randomly crashed to desktop...when I logged back in was in a room with cats on the walls and floor, no exit had to campfire out.

had the strangest thing happen the other day 1 of my toons just randomly crashed to desktop...when I logged back in was in a room with cats on the walls and floor, no exit had to campfire out.

its not common a occurrence but it has been in the game for a long time. usually its related to you zoning into a zone in a weird spot on accident or as you mentioned crashing out and game doesn't know where to put you when you come back in and 0,0 ,which is the cat room, is usually the safe place it puts you. same concept as being dumped in everfrost if you log out in a ldon instance. GM's also use to summon people to those rooms for punishment and you couldn't gate out of them.