/pokes head in

Baked

Reaction score
High there, new in town.
Met a nice guy ingame talked about botting, and ended up with him sending me this sites complied download.

2 weeks later I'm hooked, and don't know how I 3 boxed all these years without it, my wrists/fingers aren't as sore now :D

I'm now 4 boxing and catching up the 4th toon from 62 to 80.

Figured I should pay homage to the fine folks that make this possible, thank you, I joined for a year, and I see I need to go donate well to mq2 as well.

Is it safe/cool to ask in here about what I want to get out of my experience?, to get help making it myself or a nice person hand holding me to use something they have working?
I been on my server since it came online, never cheated and even h8ted on some back in the day, but never turned anyone, was only jealous. I've lately come to terms with my on and off 9yrs in norrath and feel the end is approaching and want to go out seeing and doing things I never could (only to a point) And I may even stick around longer if I don't get in trouble much or find alot of enjoyment, I'm not moving around being blatantly ignorrant trying to get in trouble, I'm stealthy by nature so I try to follow that practice ingame :cool:

I'm really not a software/programmer I'm a hardware/windows phone support guy by trade, so I'm in foreign territory :cool:

So whats shakin folks?

PS. I am working my way through lots of stickies and faq and will start reading the wiki at work tomorrow so in the mean time I'll try not to ask dumb questions but alas coding does not come to me naturaly at all, so I may need to buy some patience from folks some times :eek:

High there, new in town.
Met a nice guy ingame talked about botting, and ended up with him sending me this sites complied download.

Considering that that is against the rules, I'd keep that person's identity to yourself lest he get banned.

On a ligher note, welcome -- there's a lot of good info to be found in the stickies (as you said) and the real key is using the search button at the top of the page.

If you have any questions just ask, mostly everyone here (with the exception of JimJohnson ... j/k) is pretty nice and is usually willing to help out.

Good luck!

Considering that that is against the rules, I'd keep that person's identity to yourself lest he get banned.

On a ligher note, welcome -- there's a lot of good info to be found in the stickies (as you said) and the real key is using the search button at the top of the page.

If you have any questions just ask, mostly everyone here (with the exception of JimJohnson ... j/k) is pretty nice and is usually willing to help out.

Good luck!

Thanks, I figured he shouldn't be giving me it, but it brought me here and I spent money so I'd call it good advertising, but he was lucky I was cool with it being a long time boter, was rather careless of him, but I still thank him for opening my eyes.

I am getting the impresion from reading some other posts that some of the things I'm interested in are frowned apon or not allowed.

Is it dumb to blatantly ask for guidance towards what I'm looking for out of my mq2bugs experience?

I've been warping some , not sure what counts as alot but in the last couple weeks maybe 25 times total between 4 accounts..... found out I could zone,, then zoned into mpg below the limit on 1 toon and got him to the right lvl boting in there lol was cool.

Suppose I'll lay off the warping, and /zone aswell? or at the least keep it to empty zones.

I am adept at searching, and will begin to use it. but going to bed and wanted to poke my head in 1st, thanks for the welcome and hopefuly I won't offend anyone with my desires, or hurt the comunity with my actions.

So I guess I'm asking whats taboo to talk about in here?

hehe

The stuff that is not be named, I can't tell you what it is, because we do not name the dark one! Casper slaying is the best way to put it.

Basically, anything hack related is cool to talk about except for the GK category of hacks. Since some people here seem to be afraid of saying it, GK is Ghost kill.

As a rule of thumb, if what you're trying to do involves killing from across zones, or fighting without various game mechanics like weapon delay or such, it's a GK derivative, and will get you in trouble here.

We've seen too much with those kinds of hacks already. They lead to players getting pissed off, which makes Sony crack down on us. That gets lots of us banned, and makes life harder for the folks that make MQ2 work.

Other than those things, pretty much any ideas hack-wise are okay.

Like any good tool, if you take the time to understand it and how it works, it can be very powerful. In the wrong hands, any tool can be harmful.

Yes there are "hotbutton" topics on this site and it sounds like you're looking for the biggest of those topics. Someone may answer you privately, but asking about it in public here will likely get you flamed, ignorned, or both.

Baked said:
Is it dumb to blatantly ask for guidance towards what I'm looking for out of my mq2bugs experience?

Baked said:
Is it safe/cool to ask in here about what I want to get out of my experience?

Having asked that twice, I'm still not sure what you mean. Are you referring to that which we do not talk about? If so, don't expect an anwer.

On the other hand, if you're asking about how to maximize your mmobugs expierience, I'd suggest looking at the FAQ in the compile section. It lists (most of) the plugins that are included with the compile, what they do, and how to use them.

Remember that it is all about "cheating smarter" -- don't try to become uber overnight -- take the time to learn and try not to draw unnessicary attention to yourself. It not only hurts you -- it hurts everyone.

Basically, anything hack related is cool to talk about except for the GK category of hacks. Since some people here seem to be afraid of saying it, GK is Ghost kill.

As a rule of thumb, if what you're trying to do involves killing from across zones, or fighting without various game mechanics like weapon delay or such, it's a GK derivative, and will get you in trouble here.

We've seen too much with those kinds of hacks already. They lead to players getting pissed off, which makes Sony crack down on us. That gets lots of us banned, and makes life harder for the folks that make MQ2 work.

Other than those things, pretty much any ideas hack-wise are okay.

Yea thats what I was affraid of, I'm flaged to places I want to "walk amoung the dead in" but I'd like to aquire somethings I've missed since I am no longer a fulltime raider :eek:

Well other then that is it ok to ask how to get alot of aa's in a fairly short amount of time? not like over night but maybe like 1k in a week without it being stupid obvious ingame? I realize now 1k in a week in and of itself is probly "stupid obvious" but yea I'm not here to sneak around I want to be honest (for a hacker lol) and get the experience I'm looking for.

I know I'm new but I'm not a narc or plant heh, so if anyone wants to talk to me about life, norrath, corpses whatever, feel free to pm me, btw I'm on bertox which is a fairly low on the hacking radar in my feelings being on it since day 1.

I'm going to search for more info on it but want to make sure I can talk about it, I know MQ2 doesn't allow alot of certain types of talk so I don't want to go getting in trouble when I just arrived but yea I'm really looking to maximize my game play, alone, in older instance zones basicaly. Hoping there is a way to get into like coa type places without a full raid? as an example...

So far the bot macros have brought some measure of joy back into my playtime :D So I'm very excited and happy to begin this new journey in my EQ career, thanks for not cutting my head off with my off colour inquires, civility is tough to find online and especialy in this arena it seems :)

Like any good tool, if you take the time to understand it and how it works, it can be very powerful. In the wrong hands, any tool can be harmful.

Yes there are "hotbutton" topics on this site and it sounds like you're looking for the biggest of those topics. Someone may answer you privately, but asking about it in public here will likely get you flamed, ignorned, or both.

Having asked that twice, I'm still not sure what you mean. Are you referring to that which we do not talk about? If so, don't expect an anwer.

On the other hand, if you're asking about how to maximize your mmobugs expierience, I'd suggest looking at the FAQ in the compile section. It lists (most of) the plugins that are included with the compile, what they do, and how to use them.

Remember that it is all about "cheating smarter" -- don't try to become uber overnight -- take the time to learn and try not to draw unnessicary attention to yourself. It not only hurts you -- it hurts everyone.

Understood, taken to heart, and thank you.

Good nite for now, hope I don't go up in flames, probly talk to some of you folks tomorrow, well met.

Everyone has their own ideas for getting aa's. I wish I could tell you a great way to do it, but I don't have a single character over 1k aa's.

I can tell you that LDoNs and Forgotten Halls are good places to try and farm aa's, but Forgotten Halls especially is very risky as the only people who really use it are cheaters so the GMs sometimes watch there a little more closely.

Speaking of Bertox, I've got a few low level alts scattered around the servers, and occasionally I like to pop on and see how obvious the botters/cheaters are on different servers. Hopped on to bert the other day, and lo and behold, a group of 70+ toons sitting around the portal for FH, all anon, but all in the same guild. Children of something or other, can't remember exactly.

Please, if you're going to bot/cheat/whatever, take as many precautions as possible. It would be a whole lot better for MQ2 and EQ in general if players with any degree of intelligence couldn't pick out MQ2 users at a glance due to blatantly obvious behavior like that.

Not saying you aren't smart with MQ2, just making a general statement that we need to collectively learn to fly under the radar.

Speaking of Bertox, I've got a few low level alts scattered around the servers, and occasionally I like to pop on and see how obvious the botters/cheaters are on different servers. Hopped on to bert the other day, and lo and behold, a group of 70+ toons sitting around the portal for FH, all anon, but all in the same guild. Children of something or other, can't remember exactly.

Please, if you're going to bot/cheat/whatever, take as many precautions as possible. It would be a whole lot better for MQ2 and EQ in general if players with any degree of intelligence couldn't pick out MQ2 users at a glance due to blatantly obvious behavior like that.

Not saying you aren't smart with MQ2, just making a general statement that we need to collectively learn to fly under the radar.

Good mounring
Could the guild have been called "Problem children" ? lol

And btw I'm tarded atm from 3 hours sleep, what zone is FH? :p

And btw I'm tarded atm from 3 hours sleep, what zone is FH? :p

Forgotten Halls.

Just some advice too, when asking questions be articulate and don't beat around the bush. Try to use adult grammar as well for the best results. Lot of great resources here for folks who want answers. Some things I would definitely check out would be:

1. MQ2 Wiki
2. MQ2 Forums *VIP Access is worth the donation
3. MMOBugs FAQ

Saw you mentioned /warp and /zone. 25 warps in a week is probably not a big deal. Noone really knows what is bad/good. The best thing to do is realize that anyone in the zone could be watching you. Many of those who are out to bust cheaters cheat themselves. When using /zone, do yourself a favor and do a /findpath first to check and see if it takes you through any populated zones. You are able to be seen when blipping through zones using /zone so do it with caution. Enjoy your new community.

/findpath is also nice for catching times that /zone goes the VERY long route.

For instance, a few weeks ago, I did /zone PoK from the Crescent Reach zoneline in Blightfire, expecting just to cut off the run to the PoK book (was a lvl 1 alt, and didn't know how he'd do against the mobs). What I didn't realize was that the ini for PiggyZone didn't (no idea if it has been fixed) have the PoK book in Blightfire listed. So it's idea of the fastest route took me through highpass, all the way to Misty Thicket, and to click the PoK book there. Definitely took a bit longer than I had hoped.

Forgotten Halls.

Just some advice too, when asking questions be articulate and don't beat around the bush. Try to use adult grammar as well for the best results. Lot of great resources here for folks who want answers. Some things I would definitely check out would be:

1. MQ2 Wiki
2. MQ2 Forums *VIP Access is worth the donation
3. MMOBugs FAQ

Saw you mentioned /warp and /zone. 25 warps in a week is probably not a big deal. Noone really knows what is bad/good. The best thing to do is realize that anyone in the zone could be watching you. Many of those who are out to bust cheaters cheat themselves. When using /zone, do yourself a favor and do a /findpath first to check and see if it takes you through any populated zones. You are able to be seen when blipping through zones using /zone so do it with caution. Enjoy your new community.

Thanks for the advice on grown up speach.
I prety much stated what I wanted out of my mmobugs/eq experience at this point in my career.

I was politely told it is taboo, I am saddended because I thought this site was "that kind of place" but I'm still really enjoying the enhanced boting abilites macro's provide me. Unfortunetly for me I was unaware of the lifetime access situation, and lack of access at this time which seems to be where the info I want may reside, I bought the bigest subscription to this site I could because I felt it was more then worth it.

I only /warp in zone alone so far, I have warped from zone to zone once or twice but, only 1 zone at a time so I could check for people in the zone, then /warp to the next one, I am careful, and am not out trying to get banned.

I asked what I could talk about earlier in my thread here because I just joined this comunity and paid as much as I could for membership, and am not looking to get kicked/banned/flammed, ignored after just joining.

That being said I know exactly what I want to do, just not how (like alot of mq2 noobs I guess) If you read the whole thread you see I'm a vet player whose never cheated untill now, and only because I am no longer hardcore raiding, never got alot of AA's done due to RL preventing alot of playtime, and I feel my career is winding down in EQ so I'd like to pickup some older items and aa's I've missed out on up till now, pal around with a few friends and boters, and basicaly keep to myself.

I still feel, based on reading, and what others have said, blatantly asking for what I'm after will

1) get me ignored
2) get me flammed
3) not get me any help
4) make people think I'm out to give mq2 a bad rap
5) get me kicked out of the site

I am not interested in any of those things, I'm simply trying to maximize my low playtime and my mmobugs/eq gaming experience as much as possible alone.

Thanks for your time folks, still looking to talk to some one in private about the living, the dead, and the worlds inbetween.

PS. I think I've read through the majority of info stickies on this site at this time.
Anyone on bertox in here I could talk to about stuff? I haven't found all of the things I was under the impression this site provided, other then the very nice mq2 and docrack plugins which is indeed 1 of 2 main things I was looking for.

/findpath is also nice for catching times that /zone goes the VERY long route.

For instance, a few weeks ago, I did /zone PoK from the Crescent Reach zoneline in Blightfire, expecting just to cut off the run to the PoK book (was a lvl 1 alt, and didn't know how he'd do against the mobs). What I didn't realize was that the ini for PiggyZone didn't (no idea if it has been fixed) have the PoK book in Blightfire listed. So it's idea of the fastest route took me through highpass, all the way to Misty Thicket, and to click the PoK book there. Definitely took a bit longer than I had hoped.

Good to know shade, thanks very much

I haven't found all of the things I was under the impression this site provided, other then the very nice mq2 and docrack plugins which is indeed 1 of 2 main things I was looking for.

What is it you haven't found? In reference to the rest of your post, this sites motto is "Cheat Smarter" for a reason. You won't get kicked or booted unless you are trying to acquire the plugins and sometimes the macros associated with GK/ND. Most of the afk stuff is held by members and not released due to the fact its widespread and rampant within 4-5 days of public posting. Most people, like myself have created their own afk macros based on examples and questions asked on this site. So, let us know what your still looking for.

What is it you haven't found? In reference to the rest of your post, this sites motto is "Cheat Smarter" for a reason. You won't get kicked or booted unless you are trying to acquire the plugins and sometimes the macros associated with GK/ND. Most of the afk stuff is held by members and not released due to the fact its widespread and rampant within 4-5 days of public posting. Most people, like myself have created their own afk macros based on examples and questions asked on this site. So, let us know what your still looking for.

I can't as has been stated :eek:
Thank you, the afk stuff I may look into to grind some AA's but seems very risky so I don't know yet. Leaving hacks unattended doesn't sound like a good plan but probly the fastest way to lvl/aa.

I was politely told it is taboo, I am saddended because I thought this site was "that kind of place" but I'm still really enjoying the enhanced boting abilites macro's provide me. Unfortunetly for me I was unaware of the lifetime access situation, and lack of access at this time which seems to be where the info I want may reside, I bought the bigest subscription to this site I could because I felt it was more then worth it.
What the fuck is "that kid of place" this is a community where we offer precompiled version of MQ and a few active hacks. At one point we did offer GK/ND but people have proved they are retarded time and time again, leading to todays membership status with lifetime and our stance on GK/ND. I'm sorry you bought a sub thinking we had GK/ND out like candy on Halloween

I only /warp in zone alone so far, I have warped from zone to zone once or twice but, only 1 zone at a time so I could check for people in the zone, then /warp to the next one, I am careful, and am not out trying to get banned.
Congrats. Oh wait you think by telling us how good you are with warp someone will care and send you GK/ND?

I asked what I could talk about earlier in my thread here because I just joined this comunity and paid as much as I could for membership, and am not looking to get kicked/banned/flammed, ignored after just joining.
Then let the GK/ND issue go. Just let it go.

That being said I know exactly what I want to do, just not how (like alot of mq2 noobs I guess) If you read the whole thread you see I'm a vet player whose never cheated untill now, and only because I am no longer hardcore raiding, never got alot of AA's done due to RL preventing alot of playtime, and I feel my career is winding down in EQ so I'd like to pickup some older items and aa's I've missed out on up till now, pal around with a few friends and boters, and basicaly keep to myself.
Read up look for scripts and try your hand at your own.

I still feel, based on reading, and what others have said, blatantly asking for what I'm after will
Let's See...
1) get me ignored
Probally
2) get me flammed
Yep
3) not get me any help
3 for 3
4) make people think I'm out to give mq2 a bad rap
eh
5) get me kicked out of the site
1 would hope after awhile, you would never top Dr.Mom / MissTerious / Venin / <WhatEverFuckignNameSheComesUpWithNextWeeK>

I am not interested in any of those things, I'm simply trying to maximize my low playtime and my mmobugs/eq gaming experience as much as possible alone.
Just Let it go

Thanks for your time folks, still looking to talk to some one in private about the living, the dead, and the worlds inbetween.
See above, no one will give it to you, no one cares, and its dead for the most part. You keep saying you have no interest in pissing people off yet you keep nudging for info on GK/ND

I can't as has been stated :eek:
Thank you, the afk stuff I may look into to grind some AA's but seems very risky so I don't know yet. Leaving hacks unattended doesn't sound like a good plan but probly the fastest way to lvl/aa.

You don't have to use "active hacks" to run a bot group. Do a search and look for HunterNoWarp. Good show of how you can create a script to pull and kill mobs. Every class in everquest can be automated. 69.1 missions were a favorite for many people. I know I created a macro to run my toons in that mission for exp last year from just using macros. Warrior goes brings a mob, shm debuffs, cleric heals, wizard nukes/snares, and rogue attacks. Have built for a few other places as well. Once you get a good subset of macros built for automation the hard part of afk botting is just handling the pulling. There are some very good examples of this on this site.

Definitions of how people use words on this site:
"Active Hacks" - These are things like docracks, warp, zone, spell mem
Non-Active Plugins/Macros - These are things that don't actively change how the game is played but are based around automation.

This thread is certainly... going places.

Heya Baked, welcome to the community. Don't be scared off by the more vocal. My advice is... leave that issue that you're after alone since it's one of our stickied policies in many places that we don't support, condone, or distribute the usage of the GK/ND plugin/macros nor will we give information on where to get it nor will our members provide it.

Beyond that if you have specific requests about help with a macro (already writter or you are writing) feel free to ask and lots of people here will happily help you correct errors if you run into them.

General MQ2 usage issues can mainly be found in our FAQ and the MQ2 wiki page. Extended use specific questions can be asked as well of course.