Plugin idea/request : Quest info TLO

flatlined785

Reaction score
Maybe there is something already, if so I have not seen it. If there is something available, please point me in the right direction!

I'd like a plugin which would provide a TLO for quests

That'd be a list of the quests you are on, and accessed either by
Quest [1] .TimeLeft
or
Quest[A Rising Storm].Zone
and maybe even
Quest[A Rising Storm].Remove

and then
Quest[A Rising Storm].Progress[1].Objective - the task objective text (hail bob or whatever)
and
Quest[A Rising Storm].Progress[1].Status - this is the ##/## or Done bit.

I can do some of this using the UI, but the UI wants the task to be selected in order that the lower pane (progression) is available. This would mean something repeatedly selecting the tasks in the top pane, which isn't really very good, and so I'm thinking it needs memory access instead.
Some example use cases are
* let macros track the status of multiple quest stages on multiple quests, for example on loot quests, the toon could loot the quest item only if it needs more.

* HUD UI using the same info to display say several current quests and their active but incomplete steps. eg.
Quest 1
1/5 - This step
2 /10 - That step
Quest 2
0/1 - Do This
Quest 3
10/20 - Kill blah
20/40 - Say Sorry to blah parents

and so on.

While its a good idea, I don't think you can get the information unless the quest has been highlighted.

To the best of my knowledge no one has figured out where / how the quest stuff is located in memory so the TLO would be taking the information from the UI window.

I did get a quest tracker working via UI's. Pretty sure I posted it on the MQ2 forums.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I was talking about it needing memory access instead.

I would imagine it's not too hard to find the quest details in memory, at least, though .. it's text, easy to search for.
Hooking the direct access to quest.remove would be more work.

How does stuff get considered for MQ2 core inclusion? I guess maybe it's not a plugin.

I will consider this for core inclusion, you are not the first one to ask about this but I can't do it unless it's funded... Raise some money for it and I will be able to take time of from work to work on this instead no one would be happier than me cause I rather do mq2 work than anything else it's just a question about being able to justify the hours to my wife... Food on the table and all that...

Ah well, is anyone else interested in donating for this? I will donate (maybe $40, I fancy a spare ACOF!) if there are enough folks to fund it to the level EQMule needs :)

It's in ours as of the 30th update. Is in the patch notes / thread.

htw