Playerauctions down?

zdozbou

EQ Knowledge King
Reaction score
Anyone know why they are down, or how long they have been down?

:eek: there were more feedback on banned accounts on there.

well if you read the posting on the banned accts. section you will see that eq is now forming a hit squad on plat. sellers etc... so i bet they finally are getting some justice over playerauctions.com i'd assume...

i tried to ping the web server as well... seems the entire thing is down... WOW u don't see playerauctions.com go down...

well if you read the posting on the banned accts. section you will see that eq is now forming a hit squad on plat. sellers etc... so i bet they finally are getting some justice over playerauctions.com i'd assume...

To my knowledge Playerauctions is hosted overseas (havent checked this, could be wrong), in which case Sony can't do shit about it.

Korean?

I know when they have called me before to verify a sale, etc. the number returned to Korea. I am guessing it is the standard D.O.S. attack similar to what happened here on MMObugs. Most likely some acne stricken asshat in Russia or Thailand got bored and decided to exploit a vulnerability in their firewall.

I know when they have called me before to verify a sale, etc. the number returned to Korea. I am guessing it is the standard D.O.S. attack similar to what happened here on MMObugs. Most likely some acne stricken asshat in Russia or Thailand got bored and decided to exploit a vulnerability in their firewall.

Same, they called me from a Korean number. I know the company is based in Korea, but I've just never tracked to see where they are hosted.

I didnt understand the fucker, i told him to txt me the access number. The number from Korea but the so called "office" is listed to be in LA, CA.

We'll Be Right Back!

We are in the process of maintaining our PlayerAuctions website and it will be available momentarily. Please check back in a few short minutes.

The PlayerAuctions Team

the IP of www is located in HK...but that won't stop Sony if they were so inclined. Just look at what they did to Lik Sang (out of HK as well): http://www.lik-sang.com/

That appears to be trademark violations, which has nothing to do with what we are discussing here.

Look at sattelite TV priacy sites that distribute files to decrypt sattelite television...they are all hosted overseas and thus American sattelite TV providers can't touch them.

Sony does not go after US based plat sites, pl shops, Character Sellers. No way would they attempt to go after one that is overseas. Blizzard would go after them way before SOE did and they still have not gone after the gold sites/pl sites/resell sites. They really only seem to go after the 3rd party producers.

i wounder if sony has ever gone after mmobugs in some way? Has Fry ever receaved any dirty emails or something before??

Update

E-mail from PA a few minutes ago:

You are receiving this notice because you have created an order/offer within the last 3 months. To be permanently removed from this mailing list, please see the link at the bottom of this mail.

Dear Members,

Currently, PlayerAuctions.com is experiencing a service interruption due to much needed emergency maintenance to the site in the interests of our members

Currently our IT Service Management team are at work on rectifying the problem. We will send an update once service to the site has been restored.

Buyers and Sellers Please Read
For all outstanding pending orders:
We are enacting a pause on all orders, thus suspending disbursements for the protection of both buyers and sellers. Buyers currently can not confirm delivery of their orders or initiate disputes. Sellers, be rest assured that while we are holding disbursements, you are still protected against fraudulent payments and charge backs if you have successfully completed delivery.

For immediate concerns such as disputing an order, please contact our Live Chat service which is still available.. They will log the appropriate information so that it can handled once the website is operational again.

Kindest Regards,
The PlayerAuctions.com

Buyers and Sellers Please Read
For all outstanding pending orders:
We are enacting a pause on all orders, thus suspending disbursements for the protection of both buyers and sellers. Buyers currently can not confirm delivery of their orders or initiate disputes. Sellers, be rest assured that while we are holding disbursements, you are still protected against fraudulent payments and charge backs if you have successfully completed delivery.

THAT scares me.

Yeah, they still owe me a few hundred.

I don't see how they could possibly go under. I mean, all the provide is web site hosting and staff and they are charging like 25% of sales.....

I don't see how they could possibly go under. I mean, all the provide is web site hosting and staff and they are charging like 25% of sales.....

What part of this thread talks about them going under?

The bell tolls at PA

What part of this thread talks about them going under?

I still think the "new" playerauctions is a great site for exchanging accounts, but as of today things have just gotten a little worse. One of my orders today had a new note at the end of the account description on the delivery page that said "+14 days insurance package" so I asked about it:

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Torry C'
info: Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK151035649703X
Torry C: Hello! How may I help you?
Me: I noticed something on an order today I had never seen before
Me: what is a 14 day insurance policy for the buyer
Torry C: Yes
Me: What is it?
Torry C: 14 days, seller will pay 10% secure transaction processing fee.
Me: is that new?
Me: I thought the transactions were already supposed to be secure
Torry C: Yes, it is secure
Me: but now the buyers pay for some of it, too?
Torry C: Buyer pays the insurance. it has nothing to do with you.
Torry C: 14 days insurance is for free
Torry C: Buyer pays nothing for it
Me: oh I see
Me: just had never seen it before
Torry C: Ok
Me: I thought it used to be unlimited?
Me: like if the account EVER gets taken away they are covered
Torry C: The policy has been changed
Me: I see
Me: that's not good news - so have the seller's fees been reduced?
Me: fair enough - I can see why you have not been advertising this - it will cost you a lot of business
Me: that's all I needed to know - thanks for your time Torry
Me: have a nice day
Torry C: You too!
Torry C: Bye!

I DID receive an e-mail recently noting that they were reducing seller's fees, but I did NOT know that they reduced their "guarantee" from indefinite to 14 days. They must have been paying out a bit too much on that guarantee . . .

From what I've seen you pay for "lifetime" there by paying for coverage for x amount of days/months/year(s). So it's not just buy an account and then you're all set. You actually have to "hire" them to make sure they'd still help you out in the event that something happens. Think it's like 70 bucks per year or something... The 14 days is just incase the seller takes back the account or whatnot I guess, and the buyer would be safe eventhough he didn't buy the package for coverage.

Last edited: