PL Help

Yoda007

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been gone a long time from EQ, but starting to get back into it.

I am trying to PL up a beserker, he is currently lvl 24.

I have access to a 74 mage and 74 cleric.

Im more after HOW to do it rather then where, I have a feeling pulling a bunch of mobs on the mage with a DS and then having the beserker hit each mob at least once would work, but what is the best way to go about this?

Use stone throw disc on ber and use this, with the highest level zone/highest density mobs you can handle for ease of pulling in the same zone for longest time.

I find using melee hits can be slower in the long run as well as the holgresh sticks are also resistant if going into too higher level zone, which I do all the time because im too lazy to keep moving.

It is a bit slow to get through a massive pull, but it works all the same.

the ber will not target an NPC when it's finished, I don't know how to write in how to end or /echo that it's done. Well I didn't bother learning anyway.

Also after each massive pull need to '/alert clear 5' or you end up skipping mobs in later pulls that happen to have the same ID

I have an alternative modified version of this macro I use multiple toons that use stone throw to /bca the alert add id so multiple toons can work through the pull without wasting time on the same mobs.

You could alternatively level a bard up to 18at least for the AE dmg song and to group with the ber and PL the pair of them together and the bard will be handy later as well. Bard AE dmg song is pretty low level and less resistant that the holgresh clicky
Code:
#Turbo 40
#event hit "#*#for 1 points of non-melee damage."

sub Main
/echo Macro running
:loop
/doevents
/if (!${Target.ID}) {
/squelch /target npc radius 65 noalert 5
/if (!${Target.ID}) {
/squelch /target npc next radius 65 noalert 5
}
}
/if (${Target.ID}) {
/if (${Target.Distance} <65 && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Throw Stone]}) {
/doability "Throw Stone"
/delay 6
}
/if (${Target.Distance} <65 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Throw Stone]}) {
/aa act Throw Stone
/delay 6
}
}
/goto :loop
/return

sub Event_hit
/if (${Target.ID}) {
/squelch /alert add 5 id ${Target.ID}
/squelch /target clear
}
/return

Thanks very much, I have not PL'd a toon that could not PBAE so this is new to me.

I thought about leveling a bard as well, but really did not want to do that to be honest.

Thanks I will check out the macro!

I cant seem to get the macro to cycle between mobs, just sticks on one mob.

I went and bought some oil of fenin ro pots to try out for the moment.

Doesn't cycle? weird...

Don't think there is anythin. wrong with it, cut and paste maybe I broke something on a drunken state when I did the post.

You have a key and the combat ability page open? Not sure what else would be wrong