Pillars of Alra

Borneal

Reaction score
Trying to verify what score is needed to move on to the second phase and if you can move on doing only 3 of the 4 trials. Was told you can just have a necro send pet in on nature then FD and do nothing. I know this will keep that trial from resetting and let you focus on learing the other 3. The fail message seems to indicate that you cannot win with any trial still at a score of 5 but have been told that people do advance with a 5 in nature.

If you do leave nature alone do you need to win all three other trials to advance or is a 2 or 3 in all the others good enough?

If you do nature what score is needed in each to advance?

have to win 3 trials you can fail one aka nature but you cant just have a single person in nature being the mobs have to be agroed or it resets the event you can just send a team or necros/rangers/druids into nature to root rot everthing though

We have manage to send in one necro to send in pet and then FD and have not gotten a reset due to failure there unless the necro fails on FD.

Can anyone verify that the constructs are damaged just by being mezzed or do they have to be near the crystal? and can the crystal itself in fact be damaged at any time with caster dps or are there times of hp lock?

nature is the regen side if u dont get a 1 on it the mob in phase 2 has massive health regen light if u dont get a 1 on it u get 2 or more totems going around the island making it almost impossible to avoid the mana drain arcane if u get anything but a 1 on it ur raid gets a massive ae dd on the whole raid if u get a 1 on arcane its only a 50k dd so actually bout a 30k dd depending on toons stats and it will only hit i think 5 at a time shadow if u dont get a 1 in it the mob gets some massive runes casted on it so in my opinion and my experiences u really need to get atleast a 1 in light nature and arcane shadow u can deal with 4 but however as for getting to phase 2

u have to get total score of 9 or below and from what i seen none of the sides can be 5 or u fail but that might be inncorect but if ur ganna go with ailing a side i would definatly make it shadow side

Can anyone verify that the constructs are damaged just by being mezzed or do they have to be near the crystal? and can the crystal itself in fact be damaged at any time with caster dps or are there times of hp lock?

the constructs get damaged by mezz however if they are mezzed next to the crystal they take alot more damage from the mezz but if u have any at the crystal or near it that are not mezzed the crystal regens and u can only nuke to damage the crystal when its in the vulnrable state when its invulnrable u cant do any damage to it

ty for that info, struggling a bit on arcane and shadow. any tips on shadow much appreciated if not this has been a great help so far, thankyou.

ty for that info, struggling a bit on arcane and shadow. any tips on shadow much appreciated if not this has been a great help so far, thankyou.

shadow is mostly about the emotes
best bet is 3 sks on that side one kites the impervious continually casting terrors on it to keep it on them u need to use strafe to kite it best and dps down the reborn but the main thing is to use audio triggers of some kind and people have to follow emotes one missed emote can wipe black side

If we have the bodies we put 4 SKs in there. 1 on named one on reborn one on impervious to kite and one as backup. This also means that they can keep the Epic click running all the time. We do it with 1 cleric in the main tank group. 1 or 2 necros to keep the named fully dotted. Rest of the DPS jumps on reborn when up then back on the named. You get the last add at 30% might be 20% been a bit. After that its just a burn. As stated the key is not failing any emotes.

Arcane a ranger to help keep the adds rooted helps. Wizards and Mage fire pets to do damage to the crystal and several chanters and a bard to control the adds.

Light its just DPS and dont miss cures.

Nature we ignore/ put in one necro who sends in pet then FDs and does nothing.

We get the mana drain totems you just need somebody to watch and call when to turn what direction. at 15% his regen goes up but its still a pretty easy burn. Even with ignoring nature we always win the final fight.

only way his regen starts at 15 is if u get a 1 on nature if u get a 4 on nature it starts at 75% or something like that and its a massive regen the lower the score in nature the later the regen kicks in and the less the regen is

Still should be trivial to beat him if you had the DPS to win 3 trials. Script seems strange in that if you win the other 3, the message you get is that you won all 4 trials even though we had killed nothing at all in nature.

anyone shed some light on how ya ll deal on adds or arrangement in LIGHT? i know they come in waves etc, but either guilds dps is light or something I m missing because we tend to get overrun with them. any tips on light here sure would be appreciated, seems we are ok on other trials.

Make hotkeys for the add spawn name, tanks/melee should be spamming it before they even spawn, so they get picked up rather quickly when they do, that should help some,or else they'll just beeline to the priests or other casters.

Paladins as tanks to stun the mobs and cut down on blind. Necro to keep the name dotted up. Bard cause they get massive DPS boost. And just DPS hard. Pillars Shadow and Light are probably the hardest DPS test in VOA. There are burn mobs in sep but you can survive with lower DPS. Also helps to have a MA who is not one of the tanks so they can just focus on picking up mobs and let one of the DPS lead everybody through killing.

That and don't miss doing the cures near the named. If you try to wait to really DPS them till all the adds are dead you will run out of time.

Starting one minute into the trial you get 2 light adds, then 2 more every minute for the next 4 minutes (10 adds total.) If your dps can't kill 2 in one minute, then you need to up DPS in light trial. Need a lot of good burst dps there. Once they start stacking up, things can go south quickly.