Phinny + mq2

yea but they could start it disconnecting you if you try log in with mq or just banning for it? if they think the majority want this

yea but they could start it disconnecting you if you try log in with mq or just banning for it? if they think the majority want this

If you bother to read the other treads. Mq devs are in agreement for no mq on Phinny. We could just hide the actions and do cat and mouse. Pretty sure eqmule made a comment along the line of if the go after live servers the have a fight on their hands.

No mq on new sever was a compromise. Fair one at that, most all support it. Minus the teens who want to piss in someone else sandbox.

and it would be just a case of who has more time to play cat and mouse with? and they cannot even fix stats of items so I'm guessing they have no time

very doubtful that someone doing database changes for itemization is also a c / c++ coder responsible for detecting module injection.

It's not terrible getting used to things on Phinny, but it takes a while.

My perfect server I feel would be to do all they've done to restrict boxing, but leave MQ2. If someone wants to MQ2 a single character, I don't feel it hurts things that much.

But man... having to actually run around and search manually for newbie mobs to kill? Ugh! But having so many non-boxes around, and easily filling up exp groups? that's tits!

It's not terrible getting used to things on Phinny, but it takes a while.

My perfect server I feel would be to do all they've done to restrict boxing, but leave MQ2. If someone wants to MQ2 a single character, I don't feel it hurts things that much.

But man... having to actually run around and search manually for newbie mobs to kill? Ugh! But having so many non-boxes around, and easily filling up exp groups? that's tits!

Stock mq2 gives way to much advantage over other players who wish to play legit. Map alone is massive advantage, add in targeting instantaneous attack/stop attack/casting. This is propably why a lot of people started to use MQ2. Because they wanted a more level playing field.

Map alone has always been solved by variants of showeq. I used to run it on a linux machine back in classic times, with a little CRT display above my main monitor.
Personally I find the MQ2 changes to EQ's built in map mostly an unusable overloaded mess, and the in game map system not being on screen sucks.

Last edited: