Phinny + mq2

Cage9d9

Reaction score
So I know there is a thread started on this regarding Phinni and MQ2, did we come to a decision on:

1. Will MQ2 work on Phinni and we're just risking a ban (I think this is YES)
2. Has anyone been using MQ2 on Phinni yet? (If anyone isn't afraid to speak up)

I'm just curious that if I actually want to make a toon there, I need to make sure EVERYTHING MQ2 related is turned off (and...is that technically enough?)

Even if you have MQ2 loaded, you will not be able to login to phinny. There is a block place from even attempting it.

Don't attempt it, don't try anything with it, it wont work. Respect the decisions of MQ2 Dev and DBG and let them have it.

Yea no I get that, but if I unload MQ2 is that enough? Or do I literally need a "Clean" PC to run on?

Because we don't want to have them do another ban wave or start actively changing things to specifically fuck with MQ2.

There's been quite a bit of information posted here with the details.

Well, they just scan their own process - so don't inject into it. Here's how I would do it:

1) Start loader, run normal accounts, then disable injection (can disable first, if you don't care about mq2autologin, i.e. manually injecting).
2) In the EQ process list using loader system info, right click the non-phin ones and inject.
3) If you are not sure how to tell which one is phin, then just either load that one first so you know the PID, or load it last after you inject to all normal ones.

Can do whatever order you want to, but just don't re-enable injection on loader
once you have phin running (or it will inject, and that'll get ya the boot!).

As far as ours working on phin at all, yeah no... that ain't gonna happen.

htw

3)

Figured I could throw this in, but if there was enough interest, I would probably be willing to maintain a separate "manual injection" loader, i.e. it would always require you to inject manually to a process. It would still auto-update plugins, etc., but you would just need to make sure you don't change loader to normal live (say, from installer or normal zip).

htw

What does 'inject' mean? For the layperson, apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mq2main is loaded into the eqgame.exe process and then initializes & loads any other plugins it's configured to load.

Even without MQ2 running on Phin, wouldn't the multiple eq processes running trip off the no bot single pc code? Or would MQ2 block that check from being able to run on the non Phin instances?

Well, they just scan their own process - so don't inject into it. Here's how I would do it:

1) Start loader, run normal accounts, then disable injection (can disable first, if you don't care about mq2autologin, i.e. manually injecting).
2) In the EQ process list using loader system info, right click the non-phin ones and inject.
3) If you are not sure how to tell which one is phin, then just either load that one first so you know the PID, or load it last after you inject to all normal ones.

htw

3)

By disabling injection, I'm guessing you are talking about the Hook Enable/Disable option. I didn't see an option to disable injection when I right clicked each process under system information, just a reinject option.

Also, lets say I start off by loading 3 accounts on live (injected), then disable hook to load the account for Phinny, and decide I want to load a few more accounts for live again, anyway to reinject the last few live accounts?

Slightly off topic, I noticed mq2Ic is not pre-loaded. I thought there was some discussion a week ago to have it as a default preload?

Last edited:
All these servers are yours, except Phinny. Attempt no MQ2ing there. Use them together. Use them in peace.

We "inject" our own code into a running program. Basically it's what we do to make the eqgame.exe run MQ2 code.

htw

3)

By disabling injection, I'm guessing you are talking about the Hook Enable/Disable option. I didn't see an option to disable injection when I right clicked each process under system information, just a reinject option.

Also, lets say I start off by loading 3 accounts on live (injected), then disable hook to load the account for Phinny, and decide I want to load a few more accounts for live again, anyway to reinject the last few live accounts?

Slightly off topic, I noticed mq2Ic is not pre-loaded. I thought there was some discussion a week ago to have it as a default preload?

MQ2Ic should auto load itself on first time logging in. Only reason it would unload is if someone purposely types /plugin mq2ic unload or edits macroquest.ini to disables it. I'd make 100% sure it's loaded on all computers with "/plugin mq2ic" command just in case but all the computers I've looked at, it has it auto-loaded.

Couple of things. First, just mentioning in this thread also, that I have our release set to force load mq2ic, and not allow you to unload it. It is possible if you really are persistent, but you aren't going to accidentally unload it or something. (even if not shown as loading in macroquest.ini, it WILL load PDQ).

Also, I am pushing .8 version of loader, gives you a couple of things to play with.

1) Disabling inject at startup, so that you can control when/if you turn it on.

injection3.png

2) The ability to right-click in the task view and Reinject (regardless of global injection state).

injection1.png

3) Ability to put directories in mmoloader.ini that will be excluded from injection. You can see that in the aboe pic, the one that says Excluded. This would allow you to have a different directory to run EQ for phinny on, and put that directory in the ini.

injection2.png

htw

Just don't play there or they might think slit want this and roll it out to rest of game?

Just don't play there or they might think slit want this and roll it out to rest of game?

I believe that's their long term intention. My guess is they are going to consolidate live servers at some point and some of the consolidated servers will become no-box ruleset and others will be boxer friendly. They'll dish out free server transfer tokens when that happens so people won't throw a tremendous fit and up and leave.

lol none of the live servers will ever be no box wont happen.