Pathing Exploit in Katta Castrum

Privateer

Reaction score
I was doing a quest called Herbal Retrieval from Alchemist Hesia who is in the main center building on the first floor directly to the right as you go in. You collect 4 herbs off Shissar in the Greenhouse in Katta Castrum. Pick up the The Serpent Slayer quest from Captain Parvus at the same time, which is kill 20 Shissar. These Shissar in the Greenhouse don't summon and you can kill two birds with one stone.

Now on to the exploit. As a Ranger I was bow kiting a Shissar and running them all over the place when I ran up a hillside at the back outside of the Greenhouse when the mob starting running away from me. After testing it further I found I could move back and forth from east to west a total of about 50 feet and I could cause the mob to path away from me.. and when it started getting too far I moved east towards it 50 ft and it came back at me. When it got close, I back up west again and it pathed away again. So you know exactly where I am talking about the location is approx 2754 -2489 -537.

Once they were snared they were so slow I was able to summon the Slow horse you get as a reward from the PoR expansion and sit on my horse and shoot arrows and chain nuke. Snare is not necessary for this for classes that can't do it; it just makes it easier. My routine was to root, snare then dot... then summon my horse; simply because that horse is so slow that if I got a resist on the snare, I didn't want to get hammered by the mob before I could get away. Also some of these Shissar will proc a snare of their own that lasts about 30 seconds, but its only in melee combat. Another little tip for you is since you need 4 different herbs you get a lot of duplicates... I killed 15 Shissar before I got all 4. But that was 15 towards the Serpent Slayer quest so it wasn't all bad. But I left the duplicate herbs on the corpses towards the end and I was able to warp back to Hesia, do the turn in, get the quest again and warp back and loot 2 of the herbs still on the bodies of the ones I killed earlier.

Edit: I learned something more about the Herb Collection Quest. Apparently it is slightly bugged, the herbs you need to "LOOT" are not no drop or lore... So you can collect as many as you want and when you get the quest again you only need to drop them on the ground and pick them back up or trade them from another character back to yourself to get the task update. So no more needing to run back and loot bodies before they rot.

Hopefully, people will use a little restraint on this tip. Don't do it around people you don't know and trust... 1. to avoid being reported and 2. So they don't fix the mob pathing and it lasts a while.

Privateer

Edit: I thought and found out a few more things about this pathing exploit. There are a couple other mobs you can use this same location spot to exploit. There is a mission given by Arcanists Thalian called Renegade Servants. You have to kill 3 different type of elemental mobs; Fire Whisperers, Dark mud slaves and Vortex of the Deep. They all spawn about 200 yards/meters from the location given earlier to the north. The Vortex are Enchanter/healer hybrid mob and can cast a mez on you from a distance and will self heal about 10% of their health per heal. As a Ranger I really couldn't pump out enough DPS to effectively kill these. Unless I probably used Trueshot or waited till the end and used all my mana to chain nuke it... but I got it down to about 40% and then it just kept healing and I said forget it. Its not worth it and I backed up and had it run away. I found out that if it runs way way far away it will warp to you on the side of the hill. But its well out of any spell or bow range and you would never have to worry about it. So a wizard or better caster that can pump out more DPS could use this effectively on these but not really feasible as a ranger. The Fire Whisperers can cast a snare which lasts like 2 minutes and are kind of packed together so it might be hard to single pull if you don't have some way to pacify, FD, Fade etc and just get one. Just get them snared as well and even if they snare you, you can easily kill them. The Dark mud slaves proc a root and also summon so you can't really do them either.

Do not try pullng the Zhisza in the area as they Summon. The Construct of the Drowned don't summon but are immune to changes in movement speed. So you probably don't want to risk backing up and going forward on a slow ass horse like mine just to be safe.

Last edited: