orb of duskmold all/all clicky symbol

Drellisdee

Aka Dr. LSD
Reaction score
just did a few days ago on my beast is very nice item here is copy/paste from alla.

is for an ammo slot all/all 700hp clicky symbol self only.
Dont worry about key is a pain just warp to the loc requires killing 4 shrooms that are lvl 73 and dont hit back.

Duskmold
Quest Started By: Description:
Where:
The Steppes

Who:
Priest Ulkag

Information:
Rating: Unrated (0.00)
Level: 70
Monster Mission: No
Repeatable: Yes
Quest Type: Task
Quest Goal:
Loot

Quest Items:
A Doomshriek Mushroom
A Twittering Fungus Cap

Related Zones:
Vergalid Mines

Era:
Recommended:
Group Size: Solo
Appropriate Classes:
All

Appropriate Races:
All

You say, 'Hail, Priest Ulkag'

You have been assigned the task 'Duskmold'.

Priest Ulkag says 'I desperately require the roots from the two species of Duskmold Fungi. You must journey into the depths of the Vergalid Mines and return to me with the samples of this piquant fungus if Igantug is to have any chance of recovery. You will have to hack apart the sturdy stalks to obtain the useful portions. Igantug has very little time, I am confident that your decision to aid him will be the right one.'

Priest Ulkag needs you to travel deep into the Vergalid Mines and recover several pieces of Duskmold Fungus. He mentions that there are two different species of fungus and that he needs two pieces of each.

Enter the Vergalid Mines - Vergalid Mines

Find the Ancient Ruins Deep Within - Vergalid Mines

Loc 570, -2020, -570. This is in an area that requires a key to reach.

Retrieve two Twittering Mound Caps - Vergalid Mines

Retrieve two Doomshriek Mushrooms - Vergalid Mines

Hurry back to Ulkag with the two Twittering Caps - The Steppes

Hurry back to Ulkag with the two Doomshriek Mushrooms - The Steppes

You've found them, and they are all intact! With any luck, this will do the trick. Now be patient, kneading the ingredients together takes a very steady hand of a skilled priest such as myself.

You gain experience!!
You have successfully been granted your reward for: Duskmold

Orb of Duskmold -- For the lazy people

This is a pretty nice find. I'm sure druids will love it 2x as much.

Taron said:
Orb of Duskmold -- For the lazy people

This is a pretty nice find. I'm sure druids will love it 2x as much.
If the shrooms don't have a long timer and they give EXP, killing them could be some easy EXP.

can't find the part ancient ruins deep within. can you hand in items without that part?

NM found it

Last edited:
Shrooms are on I think around 30min timer did even get 1% aa on a lvl 70 from kill. Oh and make sure u get task b4 doing any steps I killed shrooms 1st and had to kill again to reloot to get credit even though I had in inventory.

Last edited:
Deep within

Crippie said:
can't find the part ancient ruins deep within. can you hand in items without that part?

NM found it
how was that?

Easy no key needed /warp Loc 570, -2020, -570. move around a little bit as this isnt exact.

any particular fungus patches best to kill ?
what I mean is, I have checked on most of them, while my map shows no mobs around, when I /warp over too them , they are normally surrounded

making it a pain in the ass, didn't have a chance to kill any yet , wasn't alone in the zone and I'm very limited on the amount of active hacking I actuallyl use

this is just too pass up , in case they decide to change it.

thanks !

found as a pet class if u keep invis on self and sic pet on it i got no aggro from adds shrooms are pretty much leashed.

Awesome quest write up, going to do this on my Rogue, and other melee classes for back up (when only a druid is only buffer in group)

Just wanted to add .....invis and take the elevator shaft down, get the quest updated, then warp invised to 119.58, -1821.85, -561 (this worked for me to update the next part). The Shrooms are not that as bad as it seems, if you go to Vergalid's room, and kill the ones around there -- Vergalid DOES NOT SEE INVIS, so warp to him, and then walk over to a shroom from there. No mobs seem to wander close to his area, and shrooms are all around him. I uninvised by accident about 100 away (by accident) from him and he didn't aggro, but he is KOS.

Next is the hard part. I had to ghost these because there just was no way to kill "a twittering mound" which was surrounded by 3-6 KOS mobs. Even as a necro this area looks like it would take time to clear. There were very few see invis mobs in the zone. Most were near the Blood of Vergalid mobs, or in the 2nd warp area (yeah don't wander too far!).

Zone was 100% empty when I was there.

Don't ned to be invised as a pet class, nothing will assist the shrooms so stay out of aggro range (small aggro range on mobs) and u can dot, nuke, send pet, etc.. with no problems at all, just looting some can be a problem, since shrooms can move aorund by themsleves if they get pushed too far form their spawn spot.

You don't have to ghost them, just use a bow or ranged attack. pack a ton of summonable knives or a bloody ancile's pouch and purrified crystals.

GL and enjoy.

single twittering mound spawn

there is a single spawn away from every thing except 1 wandering mob I am at workm now but will post loc when I get home.
I am a necro not even 70 and this was not a hard kill once I got the path of the roamer down. he goes up over a hill stops at the top for about 30 seconds, long enough to drop invis dot dot dot send pet and invis. before it comes back then you move to top of hill and repeat while he is at the bottom out of agro range. dots drop while he is in agro range pet keeps mob from regening.

will post loc when I get home but this is the easiest place I found for the mounds.

OK I just did this quest got the exp and the quest completion info but did not recieve the reward do I have to have a top inventory slot open or what?...I am pretty P.O.d right now but it's not like I can petition it because I warped to the targets to kill them can the GM's track how I got to the targets if I petition the quest or will they just see the flags and fix the problem?

Last edited:
Are you using cutom UI or default? If custom it might not have the reward window. To see reward window goto default UI then click on EQ button, goto Quests and click on rewards window should pop up letting you choose reward.

I'm a Dee dee deee

I did have a custom UI and went to default thank you I got the reward now =)

One twittering solo at loc ( dont move and you will be safe)

/warp loc 650.37 -1813.85 -512.24

Banged this out in like 45mins tonight.

Zoned into the mines, invis'd down and went to bottom of shaft. Got the update.

Warped to the solo mound and killed it, got cap.

Warped to #Vergalid and killed 6 of the farther shrooms and got both shrooms.

Warped back to mound, waited like 5 mins, killed it, got cap and out.

Thanks for the details.