Optimal Raid buffing

Zemetor

Reaction score
I have now acquired accounts with all classes. What is the optimal raid buff for each class?

no shit

what spells or weapons should u use too maybe?

Think he really just wants what buff combination gives you the best dps given you have access to every buff in game.

Yeah... given that you have toons of all classes, what buffs should one use for the groups in order to maximize HP, AC and DPS, taking into account what stacks and what not.

Differs for every class.

Buff everything you have and then see what isn't stacking and work out what toons should block certain spells.

If you've ever raided with a char you should know where to start. Of you haven't, then time to do a lil reading on the buffs you are intending to cast.

In general tho the only dps buffs there are really;

Shammy unity, lion, haste if no other haste available
Ranger buffs x3
Enchanter mind buffs for casters, and haste for the melee
Cleric symbol and AC, spell casting speed
Druid bark
Mag dmg shield
Pally brells depending on the class
Bard clickie aura and songs
Beast fervor

Clickie etc for other classes like epics and aura etc

Seriously I'd advice learning one class at a time and learning to play it. You'll do much better than just ask what buffs to cast. Won't play optimally or even half as good without learning the ins and outs of each class. Just my 2cents.

Take a look at alakazam or eqresource. Takes like 2mim to figure it all out, that's prolly why you haven't gotten an overwhelming response here. It's as easy as just looking it up quick yourself. Gl and have fun buffing up.

Well, it's really harder than that. If you're shooting for optimal. I've been playing for a long time and I still stress over buff combos, especially when you throw clicky buffs into the mix. Some don't stack, some overwrite each other, etc., etc. Then you have #buff limits, unless you've invested a lot of AAs in raising that cap. Sure for HP, mana and AC there are a handful of key buff spells from cleric, druid, enchanter, shaman, paladin, beastlord but beyond that it can get somewhat complicated. Of course, it's effort vs return at that point as some extra buffage doesn't do all that much: same issue with swapping out and adding new augments, you wonder sometimes if it's worth the expense and trouble when a new aug adds 10ac and removes 50 HPs, for just one of many examples.

I agree wholeheartedly, though, the info is out there for the curious and good advice is: "Seek and Ye Shall Find!"

rackarn gave a great reply but the key piece of info in his post was one sentence,

"Learn each class"

That is really what it boils down to if you want to get an understanding of how to make your crew do what you want them to do and how to maximize their strengths an minimize their weaknesses.

I started EQ as a Monk and I think of myself as a Monk but at this point I nine box and Im pretty good with alot of the core classes. But, what I have noticed each time I have purchased a full grown toon rather than growing one and really playing with them from level 1 is that you dont really gain a deep understanding of their inner workings until you PLAY them.

What I recommend is that you take each toon and go play them by themselves for awhile, go out and solo some, join a PUG and see what people are asking you to do (try not to look retarded if you can help it or just say, "Im on my brothers toon, please forgive my suckiness!" lol"

What you will find is that after playing them for real you will know what is needed and that will let you put them in the right crew and tune your macs to get the most out of them.