Old Bloodfields Solo Tasks

soulenticer

Reaction score
Nothing really new here but it's a strategy I use. It's not always easy finding a fast pased xp group. So here is what I do for not so fast paced xp. I head on over to Old Bloodfields. Warrior and shaman with 2 cleric mercs. I get the four quests from Commander Prezul which are Impairing the Ikaav, Knockdown the Noc, The Kyv are Coming, and Undoing the Ukun. Next I head on over to Noble Yemall the Arcane for Lost Memories. And lastly I get The Ultimate Weapon from Nahsulen the Tactician.

So I'm all set to start. I'm in the cave with Nahsulen the Tactician so I just step outside to the cave enterance. That's camp. I make sure the two guards are the same. I perfer two knights, or two wariors. I don't like clerics, train them. You can do this almost anywhere in the zone but this is really the only place where you have space.

Pull something, I use /mapfilter targetradius 75 to determine what's pullable (maybe you can find a more accurate number, but the server is lagging hard right now and it's hard to tell). I need to take the mob down to 75%, you might be able to do less, heck you may not even have to prep him. I'm not that uber, just group gear. Anyhow, he's 75%, that means it's time to drag to the two guards.

The guards are not grouped so they don't share dps. In a perfect world you'll have to do at least 33.4% of the damage in order to get the kill (providing the other two do exactly the same dps which they wont).
While you are killing, be sure to pick up as many items as you can for the Vile Weaponry task.

You can only complete 5 of the 6 quests. Leave one of them at the quest part or use it and get another, up to you. When you complete the quests just close the reward window and leave them alone. Now that you are done your 5 quests it's time to get another 5 or 6. Get them all but don't get the rewards. Finish them up to the last hails. So you now have 5 banked quests and 5 or 6 quests ready for hails. You can prep a few more quests if you like but you can't do the final hails yet. You can only bank 5 quests without zoning.

Now that everything is ready, use your lesson. Use up the rewards first, than run and do your hails. The 10 or 11 quests alone should net ya 3 blue of regular xp. That's pretty damn good. However, I doubt it's very good for AA's. Last I checked you only get like 3 or 4 blue for completion on AA's, which isn't very good concidering the Valdeholm one gets you an AA. So if you're 85 and not yet 100% on regular xp, I suggest you change to regular xp for completion. Oh and run the Valdeholm, Suncrest, and Strikeforce warp macros when you ae done. Or you can just keep killing with the assistance of the guards until lesson is finished.

I should also note that there are two named Thangrel and Naddik, noc and kyv respectively. They are roamers. I haven't figured out which ones are the exact ph's but they do both come up to the north side of the fort. Train them on top of the other guards. Do range damage and be sure to slow them. And prey they do enough damage that you can kill them on you own.

I Thought lessons did not work with tasks XP reward, I was sure lessons was only working with mobs killing xp

Unless there is a margin of error in the mmobugs xp hud, I'd have to say I see a visable difference. .6 xp without lesson and .9 with lesson. I was kind of hoping to see doubled to be honest, but I'll take my .9. But I guess this raises questions about my accuracy. .9x11 is 9.9% which isn't 3 blue as I said. Maybe Ulitimate Weapon or Lost Memories are worth more? Or maybe I just mismeasured.

Lesson will work for regular xp from a quest but not AA xp from a quest.

I've been thinking about this and I'm pretty sure the result of aa xp sucking is a bug. If you have a relatively small amount of aa's these quests are prolly going to be worth a full aa. The amount varies. But if you have 1000+ aa's they are going to be worth smaller amounts.
At 85 with 1000 aa's:

A Quick Errand - Ak'Anon Strike Force = 26.06%
Ultimate Weapon = 40%
Construction of Shadows = 13.03%
Lost Memories = 19.39%

The reason I think it's a bug is because it starts at 1 aa and scales down. The tasks didn't tripple their value or anything like that. It's initial value is 1 aa and devalues as you get more aa's.

Or I could be wrong in this assessment. Think of it as a preliminary guess. I haven't gotten around to testing it fully.

Lesson works on task rewards only for regular experience.