Nostalgic EverQuest Pics

expmonk

Reaction score
Was digging through some old files and found these two gem screenshots.... /tear

Feel free to share some of your own oldschool pics from those good ol' days :)

Badass Avatar Pic Down In Runneye
nvp9hg.jpg

The Tiny Clan of Terror
15s7xc5.jpg

old screenshots always bring on the nostalgia...
old-school.jpg

I had hundreds and hundreds of screenshots, all lost when a hard drive crashed :(

Waaaay back in the day when I got lost in Surefall glade because I didn't know how to equip my torch or change my contrast settings, when Freeport was the center of trade, and we went diving into Lake Rathe from the bird perches.

haha almost had 200+ ms with dial up, well i remember having it anyway, good shit. i miss the window where you could see yourself.

I lost all mine :/

Use to be friends with a GM so had pics of me as a lot of wierd models ingame =)

Man i miss the pics

Here is one I still have from the day Kunark went live. You guys remember Aradune right? LOL. Good times...

EQ000002.jpg

I remember Aradune.
He stopped into our server once to take care of an issue.
At the time, there was this bug where you can FD, and disarm npc's without agro. (appears it worked on players too, it was nasty) but anyhow, someone had done it to the priest of discord. At the time, their staff was a clicky DT. So this guy was out in Wcommons clicking giants, raking in exp and cash. (it didn't work like /kill, where it makes the npc hit themselves, but actually counted as you killing them). Brad personally came in and took it from him.

notice how the guild chat is so nice and polite?

/sigh

I was just thinking the same thing... back when being guilded meant something more than just sharing a tag with a bunch of other people on raids :(

Love the pics so far though, keep them coming :D

-Ex

I think people in general were nicer back in the early days. I'm not sure what caused the decline in manners over the years, but regardless if I was guilded or not everyone seemed to be helpful and polite. Or maybe it's just the rose tinted glasses.

nahh i think its true way less asshats because it was one of the progenitors and computer games hadn't developed their own mmo culture yet.

Ie everyone in game that i met treated people like they would in realife.

I remember Aradune.
He stopped into our server once to take care of an issue.
At the time, there was this bug where you can FD, and disarm npc's without agro. (appears it worked on players too, it was nasty) but anyhow, someone had done it to the priest of discord. At the time, their staff was a clicky DT. So this guy was out in Wcommons clicking giants, raking in exp and cash. (it didn't work like /kill, where it makes the npc hit themselves, but actually counted as you killing them). Brad personally came in and took it from him.

Was this on the Rathe server? I remember a monk by the name of Lulbin that did that trick and was killing lizards in cazic thule farming rubicite armor long before any of us could even think about it.

Hm.. maybe. I was on several servers, so it's hard to keep track.

The one that was doing it to players, was on Mith Marr I think, a monk named Tygiria, or something close to that. It was Daegarmo's play character, and was a guild leader. One of the apprentices called him on it, not knowing who he was. He was talling Tyg what he can and can't do, and Tyg said "what? a guide telling a gm what do do?" (as his play character). Being as he was abusing a bug as it was, lots of attention came to the server. Both were summoned to airplane (quest room was still the guide room), and many gm's were there in what looked like an interrogation circle with the two of them in the middle.
Don't know how much trouble Dae got from it. But he already did some odd things, like logging in quietly and appearing in zones that his play character had corpses in, or guild wiped in, etc... And there was an ongoing thread about someone suspecting Tyg of being a gm, and supplying the guild with weapons they didn't earn.

Well if it was true its not like gm's aren't logged for legal purposes.

Well if it was true its not like gm's aren't logged for legal purposes.

They might not have been. I know when Michelle Butler was head of CS, the GM program was A LOT different (and more limited, from what I'm told) than it became later. Man, I despised that woman. I was almost elated to hear the stories out of Vanguard about what Jeff was doing right down the hall from her office at Sigil. :p The fact that everyone knew but her, only made it that much funnier to me.

Anyway, I don't think their tracking/logging tools were as sophisticated and robust as they might be now.

Ya, it was back then. They still had a bit of tools though.
Before Hate opened, I ran into Jeff as he was checking out the zone. We both agreed it looked like it was going to be a pathing nightmare.
He was pretty cool.

old screenshots always bring on the nostalgia...
old-school.jpg

Mini this screenshot brings back so many memories. I saw this an immediately heard the old button clicking noises in my head that went along with that UI lol. Such a small viewable area, and the sad thing is back then I actually played in 640 x 480...

If only it were like that again lol!