NFL preseason thoughts

nbkanvz

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Just posting to see how people feel about their respective teams. Being a Texan fan I look forward to finally making the post season. I am happy with what I have seen so far. Especially seeing Tate and Foster having solid games tonight.

However I am not happy with Mario's transition to OLB from DE. He has so much potential I will still be patient but my patience is wearing thin. Wade Philips has made some nice changes otherwise. I am looking forward to big things.

Go Texans!

Redskins fan - we fucked dem steelers/colts up.
Live in n.carolina so, Panthers did alright. They have a great offense this year, need some defensive work still.
The eagles & pittsburgh game was where it was at though, loved the polamalu & vick thing. lol

I like seeing how the players do, but usually the pre season has very little resemblance on how the rest of the season will look.

With that said, I also live in NC and I have enjoyed what I have seen so far from the Panthers.

People laugh at me but I still think DET/STL will both make the playoffs or fight for the last slots.

Besides that I do not see INDY making playoffs.

People laugh at me but I still think DET/STL will both make the playoffs or fight for the last slots.

I like both of those teams too so we can be crazy together. Indy without Peyton is as Oran Juice Jones says ...is like Corn Flakes without the milk.@

I don't see both making it. I think St. Louis will win the west, Philadelphia will win the east, Green Bay takes the north, and Atlanta takes the south. That leaves 2 wild card spots with teams like New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New York, and Arizona. I think Detroit will end up being a 8 win team and missing the playoffs.

The Cowboys will have a great season this year in my opinion and most likely be in the Super Bowl!!

Keep an eye out for Eagles - as much as I HATE to say that!!

.​

Detroit won't make it because of the devision they are in. That would mean they would either need a better record than the Packers, Bears, or Vikings. All 3 of those teams I think will have a better record.

The Rams will probably make the playoffs because they are in the weakest division in the league. I don't see them winning more than 10 games though.

The Chargers are looking solid. The offense is looking brutal. Any team on their schedule this year will be facing an uphill battle.

Gates appears to be over the worst of his plantar facitis or whatever from last year.
Vincent Jackson is healthy and wants a long term contract.
Ryan Matthews, I have little faith in. Shows up and fails conditioning, and gets to split reps with Tolbert.
Tolbert is healthy and wants a long term contract.
Jordan Todman will try to be filling Sproles shoes. While not there yet, he's got skills as a change of pace back.

The defense is looking solid, too. I think we have another chance at losing in the playoffs again!

Other teams i've been following:

Raiders - I'm expecting a very, very bad year
49ers - I'm expecting a very very bad year (sorry, cuda)
Seahawks - I'm expecting a very, very bad year.

Detroit won't make it because of the devision they are in. That would mean they would either need a better record than the Packers, Bears, or Vikings. All 3 of those teams I think will have a better record.

The Rams will probably make the playoffs because they are in the weakest division in the league. I don't see them winning more than 10 games though.

I dont think Bears/Vikings will have a better season. That is why I think they have a chance. It all depends if they can keep a QB healthy for at least 2 games.

I dont think Bears/Vikings will have a better season. That is why I think they have a chance. It all depends if they can keep a QB healthy for at least 2 games.

Err, check the Lions offense recent history. They are worse at keeping RBs and QBs healthy.

I do think the Rams have a decent shot at making the playoffs this year. Mike Sims-Walker adds some depth and should allow the defense to stretch out a bit and give Jackson some running space.

The Cowboys will have a great season this year in my opinion and most likely be in the Super Bowl!!

Keep an eye out for Eagles - as much as I HATE to say that!!

.​

Stone you say this every year, Like a true jersian you chose the cowboys over your eagles =p

But the Lions would still have to finish better than DAL, NYG, ATL/NO, and TB. I am a huge Bucs fans but I think that the two wildcards are going to be the runner up in the south and the east....and I see the Bucs finishing 3rd in the south again lol.

Detroits 2011 schedule and my picks:
9/11 -- @TB: L
9/18 -- KC: L
9/25 -- @MIN: W
10/2 -- @DAL: L
10/10 -- CHI: W
10/16 -- SF: W
10/23 -- ATL: L
10/30 -- @DEN: W
11/13 -- @CHI: L
11/20 -- CAR: W
11/24 -- GB: L
12/4 -- @NO: L
12/11 -- MIN: W
12/18 -- @OAK:W
12/24 -- SD: L
1/1 -- @GB: L

That's 7-9 with a few games that could swing them anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6. BTW they got the shaft wth getting GB on Thanksgiving with only 3 days rest lol.

Anyone catch Detroit's dismantling of NE? Yes, it's just preseason, but man it was almost scary to watch.

QB's will be having some sleepless nights before the play the Lions.

If Matt "Crystal" Stafford can stay healthy, the Leo's are a team to watch over the next 3 to 5 years.

Saszeke

I admit they look so much better than last year, but history shows that pre-season has no indication on how the regular season will look.

I am happy that the lions are looking good though. That's the beauty of the NFL. No matter how bad your team is, they can get better because of how the draft is and the "hard" salary cap. In the new contract there's also a soft cap making teams pay at least 'X' amount of millions to players. That's a good thing and will make the playing field more even in the future.

Hopefully the NBA and MLB are watching. It makes the sport that much better. Maybe one day the Kansas City Royals will make the playoffs.

The end of last season the Lions put the hurt on. I really again think they stand a chance to make the playoffs.

I admit they look so much better than last year, but history shows that pre-season has no indication on how the regular season will look.

I am happy that the lions are looking good though. That's the beauty of the NFL. No matter how bad your team is, they can get better because of how the draft is and the "hard" salary cap. In the new contract there's also a soft cap making teams pay at least 'X' amount of millions to players. That's a good thing and will make the playing field more even in the future.

Hopefully the NBA and MLB are watching. It makes the sport that much better. Maybe one day the Kansas City Royals will make the playoffs.

Teams can no longer just not spend money. They have a set value they have to spend each year. This is huge teams would not spend its full cap and come up way short. This is the only reason I can over look the lockout. Something really important was finally accomplished.

A team that I think that is under the radar this season is the Raiders. I know rob is a Charger fan and all but the Raiders did go undefeated in their division. Their offense was much improved last season and I do expect more from them. Only down side on Defense will be against the pass, that's our biggest weakness as of now. Last note, keep an eye out for WR Moore a rookie out of Tennessee who's doing KR/PR and will be in the rotation later in the season at WR. I know it's easy to make fun of us because of the last 10 years, but I believe the Raiders are finally headed in the right direction.

A team that I think that is under the radar this season is the Raiders. I know rob is a Charger fan and all but the Raiders did go undefeated in their division. Their offense was much improved last season and I do expect more from them. Only down side on Defense will be against the pass, that's our biggest weakness as of now. Last note, keep an eye out for WR Moore a rookie out of Tennessee who's doing KR/PR and will be in the rotation later in the season at WR. I know it's easy to make fun of us because of the last 10 years, but I believe the Raiders are finally headed in the right direction.

much improved offense? You know you lost your head coach and your leading ball catcher, right?