Newb Question - How to set up two box dps with healer

Lotto dude

Reaction score
I have a melee dps and a healer that I would like to run together.
I do not want to simply camp in one spot and wait for spawns.
I want to explore zones as I level.

I want the melee character to fight automatically after I aggro things.

I want the healer to be fully automated to autofollow, maintain buffs, cast some dps, and keep them both healed. I don't want to have to touch the healer once I get started.

FIRST THOUGHT:
Do I run MQ2Bot on both? If so, with what "/mac" commands?
For example, let's say the dps is named "Windex"
After I set up the .ini files for the healer, do I simply type "/mac MQ2Bot windex" or is there a better macro for this?
On Windex (the dps) do I simply type "/mac MQ2Bot tank" or is there a better way?

SECOND THOUGHT:
Perhaps I just run MQ2Bot on the healer and allow MQ2Melee to handle the melee character, or is there a better way?

Last edited:
the mq2bot plugin does not require any /mac. You run it and setup the ini in the server_charname.ini file that also has mq2melee and several other plugin stuff.

Read the wiki There is an auto follow setting in the ini after you do /bot on it populates that ini with all the settings you can change.

Where is the "WIKI" for MQ2Bot? I found the MMOBugs wiki at the top of the page, but it has nothing about MQ2Bot.

Also, read the first post in the thread William linked. Pete is really good about keeping that first post up to date.