New Win 7 issue

Mspudd14

Reaction score
Running Win 7, 8GB ram, Radeon HD 5850, and even had service provider out to confirm my connection speeds working normally. But recently any time I tab out to another window the EQ session I'm not on stops responding. It starts responding again after a min or two when I go back to that session, but either way it had never happened before and its annoying the shit outta me because it makes boxing damn near impossible anymore. Any suggestions as to what I can do to stop it would be appreciated.

I have been getting the same sort of problem while running Wineq not sure what causes it and it doesn't always happen but does enough to annoy someone heh.

I have this same issue, but whenever I go back to that particular session it immediately works fine. Out of 6 windows I run simultaneously, usually 2-3 of them are "not responding" but when I Ctrl+Alt+# to them they're fine. They do not stop running their macros either, but it is deceiving when it looks like the window locks up.

Have you tried any Compat settings, like disable desktop comp, or disable visual themes?

htw

I've had similar things happen on other operating systems where they come back immediately but this has been literally locking up for 1-2min after I go to that session.

Recently while working language skills on a char that kept locking up I'd pause to check and he wasnt getting those messages or skill ups while locked up either.

Not sure I understand what you mean by disable desktop comp HTW.

Right click on the shortcut, properties, then Compatibility tab. Then check on "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)". Then under Settings, check on "Disable desktop composition". Also check on "Run this program as an administrator" under Privilege Level. Click OK.

You might also click "Disable visual themes" to give that a shot, but I find that annoying, but if it did work, it would be less annoying than the problem you describe.

htw

Post if that works for you too if you could, other people might be having the same problem :).

eqisdead

When I played I had this same problem and it's annoying as hell. I was never able to figure out what caused it but when I started using innerspace it didn't do it anymore.

Know what actually caused it though.

I used to have this problem then I stopped using WinEQ2.

It's a WINEQ2 issue. Just right click wineq2 - properties and change it to winxp service pack 2 compatibility and it goes away.

It's a WINEQ2 issue. Just right click wineq2 - properties and change it to winxp service pack 2 compatibility and it goes away.

Yeah I was about to post and say it's not a Win 7 issue as I have no problems.

I had this problem as well. In WinEQ2 I had sound off. Turning it back on fixed my issue.

Right click on the shortcut, properties, then Compatibility tab. Then check on "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)". Then under Settings, check on "Disable desktop composition". Also check on "Run this program as an administrator" under Privilege Level. Click OK.

You might also click "Disable visual themes" to give that a shot, but I find that annoying, but if it did work, it would be less annoying than the problem you describe.

htw

Had same issue on Win7 when I was 5 boxing, wasn't running WINEQ2, did what Htw said and fixed issue.

where do you go to Disable visual themes on win7 ?