new to mmo need help please

RandalThor

Reaction score
Good morning fellow gamers. I need help. I am brand new. I subscribed and registered. when i down load patcher it ask me to enter your MMOBugs forum login credentials. Do i have or need to create a separate forum p/w and log in. i enter Rand'al Thor and my p/w and it doe snot accept the ' i get message illegal character in name.

I don't think it accepts the ' in your name. I would pm HTW and see if something can be worked out. Until then, you should probably download the pre-compiled release that's on the same page. BTW, welcome to the boards!

OK NOOB REQUEST HERE, hOW DO I PM HERE. i DO NOT SEE AN OPTION TO SEND DIRECT MESSAGES. thank you

At the top right it's say Welcome, YOURNAME

under that you see "Private Messages"

click that. Then scroll down and about half way down the page on the left it says "send message"

Send a PM by pressing a key labeled "Caps Lock", it's between the tab and shift.

You start by getting a name change. Rand at least has sense to figure out how to send a private message.

If you would like, you can PM me with a new name. Or wait for HTW to figure out how to get his to work with the ' in your name.

But then he wont be Rand Al'Thor with a miss placed ' from going crazy by the one power!

Thank you so much, the one power may not be as strong now, but atleast i can download patcher. :)

I did take a note to look at it. The initial coding on server side, the way it's done, doesn't like the encoding of certain chars - so to prevent people from just getting 'invalid login', as if you entered wrong password or account, I made the loader check for the chars the server doesn't like, and say invalid chars in name.

The easiest fix is just the occassional (rare) user who registers with one in their name, to change it. I took a note down to look at the server code when I get time, and if I can get it corrected on that end, I will update loader to accept them.

htw