New pc running eq to fast

Alexandra

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Just slowing the cpu down to under 4.2 worked anyone know anything else to do with out slowing down your cpu?

Last edited:
What was the problem with "to fast" made the chars move funny?

Hmm, I'm not sure I follow what the actual problem was. I've had my PC clocked at 5ghz and haven't had any problems with it being "to fast" for EQ.

I suspect your problem is elsewhere, possibly an unstable overclock, or just a completely different matter. Would need more info about exactly what it's doing to make any real guesses.

It does sound like you are overclocking, with perhaps the clock? If so, what settings are you adjusting in bios, compared to what it should be by spec? What motherboard and CPU?

If not, ignore and drive right along. :)

htw

hey

had same issue, AMD 8120, gigabyte 990xa motherboard. when i pass 4.2ghz eq starts being all crazy. but at the same time will be prime95 and other burn test stable. also notice no other issues. i keep clocked at 4 because of this

asus 990fx with fx 8350 eight core so it was posting around 4.33ghz so i used asus alsuite2 to lower the cpu speed to around 4.05 and everything works, i just dont like lowering my speed of my pc and i think it may be the fsb i lowered from 216 to 210, this is really the only thing i seen on eqfourms to do.

I used to get this problem when I had an AMD CPU years ago. I forget what I did to fix it. I reckon it was something to do with setting affinity to 1 cpu or something like that.

You're going to see that Alexandra. You really should leave the clock alone, and increase the multiplier.

htw