Need help with macros.

Bros20

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I am new to all of this Bot stuff and boy am I glad I found out about it. I was boxing 5 characters manually and it took a lot out of me.

I am having a few issues though..

Rogue
- I have a macro for my rogue. He attacks and backstabs no problem. However, he will not position himself behind the mob or walk towards it if not in range. Is there a way to fix this?
- Another problem with rogue, all he does is autoattack and backstab, he does not use any of his other combat skills. How can I get him to start using them?

Necro
- I also use a necro. The macro I have works, but it does not do all that I want it to do. Sometimes it will not send pet for example. Also, it casts the dots only once so if it fades, it will not cast again. Last problem is that it is not sitting to med while he isnt casting so he runs out of mana pretty quickly. He is lvl 82 atm but I am working hard on getting him to lvl 90. [EDIT- forgot something here. He doesnt have his Epic, so the macro keeps spaming trying to use it]

Shaman
Tried to use macro but it did not work. It just kept casting slow nonstop on the mob.
All I want for it to do is: Malo the target of main assist, slow, cast tiger (proc spell) on group, and cast 3-4 dots on the mob. Send pet as well to target of main assist. Also sitting to med while he isnt casting would be cool.

If anyone can help me with these I would really appreciate it. I am new to this but I am a fast learner. If you want to send me a PM instead of posting it here you may as well.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Update

Oh, and I am using zbot. A friend of mine kind of walked me through it.

If there anything better out there let me know... but I have no clue on how to use it.

Some suggestions for you

Hey everyone.

I am new to all of this Bot stuff and boy am I glad I found out about it. I was boxing 5 characters manually and it took a lot out of me.

I am having a few issues though..

Rogue
- I have a macro for my rogue. He attacks and backstabs no problem. However, he will not position himself behind the mob or walk towards it if not in range. Is there a way to fix this?
- Another problem with rogue, all he does is autoattack and backstab, he does not use any of his other combat skills. How can I get him to start using them?

do a search for holyshit / downshit. holyshit does stuff while in combat and downshit does stuff while out of combat.

there are a couple universal macros available, modbot and autobot.
http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15313
http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=14043

as far as sticking behind mob, staying in combat range etc you need mq2moveutils do a search for it , explains all the commands. another plugin you need to learn is mq2melee search and read instructions on it as well.

Necro
- I also use a necro. The macro I have works, but it does not do all that I want it to do. Sometimes it will not send pet for example. Also, it casts the dots only once so if it fades, it will not cast again. Last problem is that it is not sitting to med while he isnt casting so he runs out of mana pretty quickly. He is lvl 82 atm but I am working hard on getting him to lvl 90. [EDIT- forgot something here. He doesnt have his Epic, so the macro keeps spaming trying to use it]

you need to either change the ini file that comes with the macro you are using or change the macro itself not to use epic.

Shaman
Tried to use macro but it did not work. It just kept casting slow nonstop on the mob.
All I want for it to do is: Malo the target of main assist, slow, cast tiger (proc spell) on group, and cast 3-4 dots on the mob. Send pet as well to target of main assist. Also sitting to med while he isnt casting would be cool.

Shambot 4.48 need VIP access at macroquest , one time fee of like 15bucks
http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=16668

I get that being new sucks cause there is sooo much to learn and really can be confusing and on top of that no real "newbie macs" that help get you started. Do a ton of reading and learn some basic C++.

I would also suggest getting with your friend and having him help you set up autobot as it still gets updates etc and is a great all around macro.

I use the Shambot 4.xx from the VIP section and it works killer. Use that if you can.

I also use Pete's necro mac from here. Also works amazing, uses aa pets on named mobs, does everything and then some. One of the best macs I have ever used.

I havent used the "all in one" macs alot. Started too but just didnt seem like they were doing all that i wanted for each class.

As far as the rogue, if the one you have assists and attacks thats the main thing. Mq2melee should and will take care of the rest. just type /melee and it will give you a list of all the things the rogue can do, then just /melee NameOfSkill on or NameofSkill=1 whatever it needs. and after you turn on what you want... /melee save. Poof, finished, no editing macros and getting all boggled.

It gets easier as you relize what does what and how it does it. Can take a little while. But if you know how to load the macros in, change a spell or hell even know what an INI file is and where to look for it. thats 80% right there =) the rest is just trial and error and reading up.

Good Luck =)

Make sure you have MQ2Moveutils, MQ2Melee and MQ2Cast loaded. Set up MQ2Moveutils and MQ2Melee as needed for your class that should fix the movement issues. Check the Wiki links for those plugins on how to do so correctly, probably good to familiarize yourself very well with Mq2melee anyways.. Its a very useful plugin even for non-melee classes its awesome for holyflag/downflag settings.

as for macros not working correctly (assuming it is a working one) usually its an ini file mistake or update needed for it to match your characters spells and aas available at their level/aa count. some macros don't have ini files but spots in the macro itself to edit. Open the macro in notepad to look at it sometimes changes are very obvious and noted where to make them inside the macro.

Last edited:
In regards to the necro mac, i think that still works fine. I dont have access to a necro to test. My macs were all at different levels of my proficiency in coding so some are a little rougher than others. With the new modules i put up on the macro builder thread, i can pretty much throw together a macro for any class if people are willing to work with me and provide the feedback to make it work correctly. Those macs should only require you to redownload the modules if/when i update them and works across all macros.

I still need to write the lifetap module and finish the mez module because its not detecting fast enough for my liking. Maybe I can knock out lifetap tonight instead of what I was planning. Then there are some utility stuff like a loot module and a couple other things.

At any rate, if you are willing to take the time to troubleshoot and provide feedback, i can create a mac for people for just about any class (melee's/hybrids need to set up mq2melee for skills/aggro management though). As i complete working copies, I will post them on the macro builder thread for public consumption. There are a few modules that require lifetime status to use though, so you wont be able to auto navigate to mobs or players with mine unless you compile mq2navigation from VIP boards on your own.

I donated 10 bucks for VIP over at the MQ2 boards. Using Shambot and it's working fine for me. I'm still leveling my shammie up atm and from what I can tell, the bot is geared more towards higher level shamans than the low ones lol.

WOW!

Thank you so much for all the useful replies guys! I have gotten a VIP at macroquest now and will try the Shambot from there.

Very cool that Pete answered my post, he seems to be like the god of macros here. lol

I will do some reading up and try to work them out.

One more question, the macros I am currently using have a INI file, which I have messed with a bit. However, the Shambot from VIP section and Petes Necro Macro do not have .ini files with them.

So I will just change stuff in the macro itself right? I opened up the Shaman one and it seems pretty self explanatory. I have yet to try it out though.

Thanks again for all the answers!

Oh an Pete, I would be glad to do some testing for you if you need, but what I need from the toons isnt much. It is just for DPS and slow mainly, as I activatly play a monk as tank and puller. (He can tank T4 nameds NP).

Devestator's the macro fiend and seems to make really nice ones you can buy from what I've seen, I just enjoy making things.

My necro mac requires an ini. I use inis in case you have multiple of a class or if you want to use that ini for multiple macros. If it's not on that thread I can get you one. But maybe it is better that you try a new necro mac that I made. It should be more effective. I wrote it for a guy on here but he never told me if it works. I wrote the lifetap module, but I can't test it until the compile is up to see if it works.

Technically i should be able to create a shaman, rogue, monk mac out of the modules too, but i dont have any of those classes to test with so if you want to guinea pig, I can whip some together. Though that VIP shaman mac worked well enough for me when I did use it for about a year.

If you use devCharInfo.mac to parse out your gear/spells and PM me that info, i can throw together a custom .ini for you.

WOW!

Thank you so much for all the useful replies guys! I have gotten a VIP at macroquest now and will try the Shambot from there.

Very cool that Pete answered my post, he seems to be like the god of macros here. lol

I will do some reading up and try to work them out.

One more question, the macros I am currently using have a INI file, which I have messed with a bit. However, the Shambot from VIP section and Petes Necro Macro do not have .ini files with them.

So I will just change stuff in the macro itself right? I opened up the Shaman one and it seems pretty self explanatory. I have yet to try it out though.

Thanks again for all the answers!

Oh an Pete, I would be glad to do some testing for you if you need, but what I need from the toons isnt much. It is just for DPS and slow mainly, as I activatly play a monk as tank and puller. (He can tank T4 nameds NP).

shambot should have a .ini file for sure. think its like shambot_yourtoonsname.ini or something like that

They use an INI but its not created until you run the macro for the first time on the character. So if you get a new necro and run it, It will create a new ini for that necro you can edit and not screw with the one you have for yours.

Necro should Youname_NEC.INI and the sham is ShambotYourName.ini. And in each INI there is instructions on how to use each mac. If not then its pretty easy to figure out. If thats not working, just post and I will post mine for you to copy. Mine are for lvl 90 max aa toons but thats ok, any aa's you dont have will be ignored until you do have them to use. Good luck

With the Shambot. I just had a look at the whole .mac and configured it to my liking.

Now just one question. Do the spell gems need to be in a certain order for it to work? If so, where can I get that info?

Info's in shambot.mac if you look hard enough :) But it really doesnt matter since it'll auto-mem, etc

Pete, Where did you find 'devcharacterinfo.mac'? I did a search but nothing comes up?

Just so people know the proper filename is devCharInfo.mac, but yeah, in that thread.