Question Necro Mind Wrack

Wolfy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been boxing a necro which uses Mind Wrack - which is fine on mobs with mana, but it keeps trying to cast it on mobs with no mana - constantly.

Is there a way to stop casting it like this as it blocks the casting of all other spells?

The message I get is: Your target has no mana to affect

This is one of those spells that you want to cast as much as possible as it helps all the casters - but not on no-mana mobs.

Help

I don't have EQ installed right now (or an active MMOBUGS account), else I'd check it for sure, but I don't think .spawn has access to .target mana unless you're in a group with the target.

Target a mob and type:

Code:
/echo ${Target.CurrentMana}

to find out for sure.

Another option for checking might be:

Code:
/echo ${Target.Class.CanCast}

It will return 0 if the class can't cast. I can't remember if all mobs have classes though.

Without knowing which macro or plugin you're using, I can't tell you how to configure it if either of those methods do work.

That's correct - mana is only available on types you have access too (e.g., group). The best you can do is checking class type, or you can capture an event (the text you show) and then dynamically disable further use of that spell(s) based on that event, using a global variable or other method.

Your CanCast is an excellent way to specify that, in an *if* statement for that particular option.

Excellent share, thanks man.

htw

Thanks for the info so far.

The question relates to the Bot plugin (not the mac)

Thanks for the info so far.

The question relates to the Bot plugin (not the mac)

I am not on here often, so sorry for the late reply (also missed that your post is in the MQ2Bot forum - clicked from the "New posts" section).

If HTW's pointer to IF statements didn't help you solve your problem, here are a few ideas from the wiki:

The first thing you need to know is how Mind Wrack is categorized by MQ2Bot. When you type /Bot on it should spew a bunch of data into the MQ2Chat window, including which spells you have memmed and how MQ2Bot categorizing them.

If that doesn't tell you what you need to know, MQ2Bot adds a TLO that lets you (in a sense) query the plugin to understand how it is categorizing spells and such, so you can know how to interact with it.

I am going to assume that the Mindwrack line is a "Mana" spell according to MQ2Bot. To check what Mana spells are available to your character, type the following string into your MQ@ chat window:

Code:
/echo ${Bot.Mana}

That should return a list of Mana spells available to your Necro. You may need the appropriate Mindwrack spell loaded in a spell gem (again, no active account to test on).

If you have the spell memmed and it isn't showing up in that list, it's possible it's categorized differently.

Code:
/echo ${Bot.SpellCat[[COLOR="Red"]#[/COLOR]]}
will tell you how the spell is categorized. I think "#" references the Spell ID (which you can get from Lucy).

Once you know how the spell is categorized, you should be able to write an IF statement in the INI for your necro to set a condition for casting Mind Wrack.

Let's assume Mind Wrack is your first Mana spell.

Add the following line to your necros INI file:

Code:
ManaIf1=${Target.Class.CanCast}

If that doesn't work (if CanCast isn't available for mobs), you may need to specifically choose which classes you want to cast on. Any Target that returns a different class (or NULL) should skip the spell. This may work:

Code:
ManaIf1=${Select[${Target.Class.ShortName},WIZ,MAG,CLR,NEC,DRU]}

Add the rest of the class short names, because I'm lazy.

You're probably going to have to play with the above, because I am doing this entirely from a combination of the MQ2Bot Wiki, the MQ2 Wiki, search, and memory.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I'll give this a test as soon as everything is up and running after the patch

Every mob past TSS expansion should have mana iirr. My enchanter was always able to mana sieve mobs past TSS, unless they reverted back recently to no allowing that.

There is a work around that could be done using an alert as well if it .CanCast excludes too much. It'd require creating an event to add Target.ShortName to an alert list when you get that Target has no mana message and your check would be !${SpawnCount[alert # ${Target.ShortName}]} or something. i forget if you can text search alerts and im too lazy to look it up.