Multiple Instances suddenly not working?

memphis

Reaction score
To be very clear, this was BEFORE today's patch/MQ release...and now same issue with MQ not even running...but this is the best place to ask and get fast accurate answers so....

I usually run 3 chars on my main computer, using MQ and WinEQ

I didn't play for a month or so (moved to CA)....when I go to play again, the computer won't boot up 2ndary or 3rd account. They'll get to Char Select, then crash when I try to login....this is now happening JUST using WinEQ....and even without it....just EQ booting up multiple instances, first runs fine, 2nd (and 3rd, used to doing both at same time...) crash while loading in from char select.

I didn't change anything on my computer , just downloaded new EQ (jul10) and now (jul17)

Thanks for any advice

EDIT

Further experimentation is showing me something very disturbing...it isn't the 2nd or 3rd acct it won't let me boot up, but it is several specific characters...just bazaar mules...that it won't let me boot up, with or without MQ (current version) running...

Help plz....chars on 2 accts, both in bazaar, just won't log in...but they will log in on alternate computers...

Thanks..

Memphis

Last edited:
do you have multiple copys of eq you are running from? if so may be a corruption in one of them may have to delet bazzar zone files and do a complete file scan and repatch them. otherwise dont know although ive been having some difficulty myself since not this patch but previous one. i can run 2 just fine but when i load up 3 i get very buggy graphics or i get a reset device failure switching between instances.

Just one copy of EQ on the computer...and some chars on other accounts will load into the bazaar fine.

Its not just the baz, one of my mains is in PoFire and won't load in..

(sigh)

delete the UI files for those characters then try again