MQ2MyButtons Query

Quackanator

Reaction score
Hey there, I have a query about using MQ2MYButtons that I cant seem to solve. Yes I've read the very very brief wiki and done a search and fiddled without being able to fix it, so asking for help :p
1) Is it possible to get more than one hot bar up? Cant seem to have more than one bar up, tried a double entry in the ini file, didnt work.
2) How do you add more than the 10 ish buttons?
I cant seem to have more than the 10 buttons as listed in the wiki, any extra lines added to the [MQ2MYButtons_Buttons] sections of the .ini just do not get created. Tried /reloadui, ,/loadksin, unloaded and reloaded plugin, reloaded .ini, zoned, camped, swore at the comp ineffectually. Using the search engine I can see that some peeps have up to 20 buttons, but I seem to be limited to 10.

3) How do you position the MQ2MyButtons Bar using the .ini
I've had no luck in positioning the button bar only in locking it, and I cant seem to rightclick and select lock if I manually move the bar. Tried adding bits such as Top=212 Left=1082 Bottom=534 Right=1527 etc to the MQ2MyButtons but that dosent change the location of the bar.

Spoiler:

Code:
[MQ2MyButtons]
Locked=0
WindowTitle=MQ Button Window
Fades=0
Delay=0
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
winActive=1

[MQ2MYButtons_Buttons]
MyButtonLabel_1=End
MyButtonCommand_1=/multiline ; /endmacro ; /twist clear ; /echo end macro and cleared twist
MyButtonLabel_2=Pause
MyButtonCommand_2=/multiline ; /mqpause ; /echo Used Pause Macro
MyButtonLabel_3=Roton
MyButtonCommand_3=/multiline ; /rootme ; /echo used /rootme to stop movement
MyButtonLabel_4=Rotoff
MyButtonCommand_4=/rootme off
MyButtonLabel_5=Autoattack
MyButtonCommand_5=/macro autoattack2
MyButtonLabel_6=Epic
MyButtonCommand_6=/casting "Innoruuk's Dark Blessing" item
MyButtonLabel_7=BCfol
MyButtonCommand_7=/multiline ; /bcaa //xtarget target 1; /bcaa //stick 5
MyButtonLabel_8=Empty
MyButtonCommand_8=/echo Button not doing anything yet
MyButtonLabel_9=swarm
MyButtonCommand_9=/multiline ; /casting "Innoruuk's Dark Blessing" item ; /rootme ; /mac swarm2 ; /echo 
MyButtonLabel_10=Loot
MyButtonCommand_10=/mac loot1
MyButtonLabel_11=Test11
MybuttonCommand_11=/echo Test Button 11
MyButtonLabel_12=Test 12
MyButtonCommand_12=/echo Test Button 11

Even using stuff generated by bot macro I cant get more than 10 buttons loaded into the UI. From a separate toon, the .ini only again loads the first 10 and I still cant position the bar :/
Spoiler:

Code:
[MQ2MYButtons_Buttons]
MyButtonLabel_1=bot
MyButtonCommand_1=/mac bot
MyButtonLabel_2=clr tar
MyButtonCommand_2=/bc ClearTargetDataAlias
MyButtonLabel_3=emerg
MyButtonCommand_3=/bc EmergencyAlias
MyButtonLabel_4=imob
MyButtonCommand_4=/imob
MyButtonLabel_5=imob1
MyButtonCommand_5=/imob1
MyButtonLabel_6=puller
MyButtonCommand_6=/puller
MyButtonLabel_7=pause
MyButtonCommand_7=/bcaa //mqpause
MyButtonLabel_8=fol on
MyButtonCommand_8=/bc FollowCommand
MyButtonLabel_9=fol off
MyButtonCommand_9=/bc StopFollowCommand
MyButtonLabel_10=invis
MyButtonCommand_10=/bc invison
MyButtonLabel_11=uninvis
MyButtonCommand_11=/bc invisoff
MyButtonLabel_12=exp
MyButtonCommand_12=/bc expreport
MyButtonLabel_13=camp
MyButtonCommand_13=/bcaa //camp
MyButtonLabel_14=ass
MyButtonCommand_14=/bcaa //assist group
MyButtonLabel_15=/off
MyButtonCommand_15=/offtank
MyButtonLabel_16=/sum
MyButtonCommand_16=/sumtank 20
MyButtonLabel_17=/leap
MyButtonCommand_17=/leap 30
MyButtonLabel_18=/clicky
MyButtonCommand_18=/clicky
MyButtonLabel_19=move
MyButtonCommand_19=/bc MoveUpCommand
MyButtonLabel_20=buff1
MyButtonCommand_20=/bc BuffAlias1
[MQ2MyButtons]
Locked=0
WindowTitle=MQ Button Window
Fades=0
Delay=0
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
winActive=1

Any help out pointing out the obvious would be greatly appreciated, feel a bit like a stubby short of sixpack for asking since I'ts probably something simple but I cant get it :/ Thanks in advance.

It is the xml that dictates how many buttons are displayed, not that ini. I use the one on bot example, obviously, and it loads 20 for me. I position it manually. The reload button doesnt do anything. You can maybe ask htw about modifying it and see what he can do if there is something else you are after that it doesnt do.

Thanks Pete, it was the xml files that I needed to fix. I thought that reloading MQ2MyButtons would rebuild based on the settings from the ini, the same as if you try to load up any other window like /PM you have to /reloadui to get it to show.
Manually fixed the MQUI_ButtonsWnd.XML file and got the rest of the buttons to show up. Woot, now just to figure how to position it once and for all rather than each time I load up a toon :p

I enabled saving/restoring the window position(s). It currently only supports 1 button window, but I could make it do more if there's interest.

Maximum buttons per window is 20, but I could change that also.

I'll get the wiki updated with proper information for commands and configuration.

Adding a few 'optional' xml files I'll take care of also, so there are some options around the layout.

htw

cheers, HTW, thing I got the placement thing down,
except now xml files that I changed dont show up to 20 buttons. Only shows half a button 11 and not 11-20. Tried putting in the fresh lines in the xml but I cant get them to show up at all now. meah.
Something else that I'm missing no doubt. Again any suggestions (or a working 20 button MQUI_ButtonsWnd.xml code) would be fantastic.

Here is the now non-functioning 20 button file (showing half an extra button dosent count) perhaps someone could point out where I've gone wrong. Coulnt append in in code tags since it draws boxes all over the place :p

From your description it sounds like it's the original size attributes of 350 by 50. Double check you don't have another copy around somewhere, and make sure you have completely shut down EQ and MQ2 completely would be my suggestion.

Edit: Could also make it sizable and add a border, then resize it. Might work. Might not. Worth a shot.

anyone got an xml file that displays more than 20 buttons? cant seem to get more than 10.5 buttons to show and each time I change the xml file when I restart MQ, loader patches over the 20 slot version of the MQUI_ButtonsWnd.XML

anyone got an xml file that displays more than 20 buttons? cant seem to get more than 10.5 buttons to show and each time I change the xml file when I restart MQ, loader patches over the 20 slot version of the MQUI_ButtonsWnd.XML
You can either put your own copy in a custom directory in the mq2 uifiles folder (if you use a custom UI), or you can prevent it patching.

If you use a custom UI, you can always use that, for example if I have KrustUI (...\EverQuest\UIFiles\KrustUI), then I'd make like blah\MQ2\UIFiles\KrustUI and then put my own custom MQUI_ButtonsWnd.xml in there.

Otherwise, you can open/create mmoloader.ini in your MQ2 directory and put:

[Date_Exclusions]
MQUI_ButtonsWnd.xml

That should work. If it don't let me know.

As far as one that's > 10.5 buttons, let me see what I can do. ;)

htw

Alright, update completed.

Update both your MQUI_ButtonsWnd.xml and your MQ2MyButtons.dll

Remember that you may need to do this, to clear the old settings:

1) Camp out of any EQ sessions
2) For each character, search in your EverQuest\UI_charname_servername.ini for [MQButtonWnd], and delete that section and save the file(s)
3) For each character, search in your MQ2Dir\server_charname.ini for [MQ2MyButtons] and delete that section and save the file(s)
4) Load each toon & if the plugin isn't loaded, load it. Do /reloadui if necessary.

htw

new plugin works woot, thanks htw ... so how many of these bard did you say you could put in :p

2) For each character, search in your EverQuest\UI_charname_servername.ini for [MQButtonWnd], and delete that section and save the file(s)
3) For each character, search in your MQ2Dir\server_charname.ini for [MQ2MyButtons] and delete that section and save the file(s)
4) Load each toon & if the plugin isn't loaded, load it. Do /reloadui if necessary.

htw

If we delete the mq2mybuttons from our MQ2 melee ini file then the buttons will be blank? Do not the entries in the melee ini tell mybuttons what the buttons are?

Also to fix this I have to edit 24+ ini files. =( and 24+ eq ui_files. even bigger =(

Ok, I took out the mq2mybuttons from my server_char_ini in mq2dir and now the hotkeys do not show up. reloaded and camped out. Just has 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 no button assigned and still 1x10 with a part of the text showing for the 2nd row.

Last edited:
wwarwolf,

Look for this in your ui_charname_server.ini file in your EQ folder and delete it.
Just like htw said in point 2.

[MQButtonWnd]
INIVersion=1
FirstTimeAlert=0
XPosWindowed=50
YPosWindowed=50
RestoreXPosWindowed=50
RestoreYPosWindowed=50
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
BGType=1
Fades=true
Delay=2000
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
Locked=false
Escapable=true

might be dumb question, but you are deleting MQButtonWnd section [from EverQuest\UI_charname_servername.ini] and MQ2MyButtons section [from MQ2Dir\server_charname.ini] before you actually load EQ and MQ2 up arent you?
Thought manual changes to .ini file get overwritten by /camp in game? So camp/quit out, of MQ2, EQ, make changes to both .ini files, save, load up EQ then MQ then /loadskin or /reloadui or whatever.

That's really odd. You don't have MQ2 or EQ running when you are making these changes do you?
I would reboot, then backup the two files and delete them, then login just that one character, load the plugin, reload the UI and see what you get.

I logged out of EQ. Deleted the MQButtons from UI_Charname_Server.ini and then loaded EQ. Still just have 1 character with 2x10 buttons as before.

htw
I had to log all the way out of mq/eq. I deleted mybutttons.xml & .dll. Then followed the rest of the steps. Dowloaded the .xml file again. Loaded mq and worked fine for me.

I completely deleted the mq2buttons files and repatched. I deleted the UI_charname_Server and started from scratch with my UI. Still 1x10.

If you do all this exactly, it will work fine - if not, you're not doing a step right:

1) Camp out of EQ - all of them.
2) Make sure you have the latest MQ2MyButtons.dll and MQUI_ButtonsWnd.xml - the .xml is in your mq2dir\UIFiles\Default (use the ones from loader patch, not from the .exe installation file or the .zip, those will end up being the old ones)
3) Make sure you don't have a MQUI_ButtonsWnd.xml anywhere else, like EQDir\UIFiles\XXX, etc.
4) For any char you want to use the new settings, open their EQDir\UI_toon_server.ini and search for and remove any section named [MQButtonWnd]
5) For any char you want to use the new settings, open MQ2Dir\server_char.ini and search for and delete any section named [MQ2MyButtons]
6) Start up MQ2 and use plugin config to make sure you are loading MQ2MyButtons plugin
7) Start any EQ, and you should see the default button window.

htw