MQ2Melee / topple

Linatra

Reaction score
Shield topple used to work and now it doesn't show on my /melee or in my server_char.ini. I had it at topple=20. I tried adding it back into the .ini and saving it, then in game /melee load. Still no luck. Exited eq, redownloaded the zip and everything. Still not showing up. All my other warrior-centric stuffs appear but not topple. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

I did a search for "topple", "shield topple", "melee topple" and found nothing in this vein.

/melee opportunisticstrike=20 save

I'll get the wiki updated for the various changes over the past few months.

htw

/melee opportunisticstrike=20 save

I'll get the wiki updated for the various changes over the past few months.

htw

Opp Strike and Shield topple are 2 different discs. You Topple above 20% health and Opp Strike under 20% health.

They both share the timer with Ridicule. For the most part, I don't use Ridicule--aggro is not an issue--and use the DPS strikes instead.

I added Shield Topple as a Holy to fix this.

Dont use topple if u have ridicule

Ridicule Recourse II Mitigate Melee Damage by 50%, 7440 total

Shield Topple II Mitigate Melee Damage by 40%, 488 total

now how do these interact w opportunistic strike (that can be used when mob is below 20%), would suck if they were all 3 on same timer.

last opp strike = vital strike
they are on timer 8 (same as ridicule)

strike only happens at 20 percent of mob

wonder if can do ridicule only at start of mob and then have 30s to kill mob (too long prob) to be able to use vital strike

may actually opt for strike and get rid of ridicule/topple myself the little it does protect is a drop in a bucket

i use ridicule when i pull so the first couple of hits are reduced, and i will chain it if there is a named just to help reduce dmg i know the under 20% attack and ridicule share a timer but not sure on shield topple.
edit: yep on timer 8 for warrior so all three are on a shared timer

Last edited:
Clear as mud to me (sorry). How do you guys want these options implemented then?

opportunistic strike: Opportunistic Strike/Strategic Strike/Vital Strike ????
topple: Shield Topple back to single only option ???
ridicule: This is the final disc (lvl 98) on the warrior provoke auto-detect (one of them, i.e., this one is on provoke0). Stay in place?

Take a look at the wiki if you wish also for the opportunisticstrike, provoke0, and provoke1 lines.

Edit: As far as timer handling, mq2melee doesn't line things up based on timer. It does them on effect, and it's up to the user to decide if option(s) are on/off that may block another option or disc if it's on the same timer. That's also why almost all discs (and esp. all timer based ones) default to off, and the user has to turn them on.

htw

Last edited:
Also, you are correct that's how mq2melee handles opportunisticstrike line (i.e., endurance above option value, and target health <= 20%).

I could code it to do it like:

Mob health > 20%: If topple=on, topple
Mob health < 20%: If opportunisttrike=on, oportunisticstrike; else if topple=on, topple

So if both were on, it would topple down to 20% mob health, then would opportunistic strike. If only topple is on, it would topple the entire time. If only opportunisticstrike were on, it would opstrike <= 20% target health.

That still leaves how ridicule is top of one of the provoke lines. Take it out? There are a couple ways can handle it. End user can always use the *if* options to control things like that (or even provokeend, etc. for ridicule), but would be nice if the most used method were automated. I am tempted to just make sure the opstrike/topple checks come before the provoke check, that way it would only ridicule if it wasn't locked out by opstrike/topple. There's still the other provoke line for warriors at that time (bazu, etc.)

Fire off your thoughts, and I'll get it set up for best method.

htw

an idea is

ridicule=(above what endurance)
strike=(on or off) should trigger if mob is below 20%

if u turn on ridicule, your locking yourself out of strike, lets say u didnt get to 20% of the mob, if u strike again youll block strike another 30s so now unless you kill slow u may not get to use strike at all

unless your gonna be tanking each mob more than 30s by the time it hits 20% your timer wont be back let alone if u ridicule 2wice.

for those that have their heart set on ridicule and strike maybe

strike=(once max)? not sure if that could be a setting

how about

ridicule=>%mobhealh
strike=>%endurance (i dont mind on or off personally if its endurance ill put 1)

doing ridicule based on mobs health will let tanks adjust it if its long fight or a trivial fight ex.:

Ok, that's what I was starting to think myself, more or less. I was thinking if someone really really wants ridicule in the provoke lineup, they can just put it in provoke2 - and lock themselves out of the other one (again, depends on your other provoke* options).

So this is what I am going to do for now:

opportunisticstrike line = remove shield topple, so it will be the 3 strikes (of 3 rks each), top to bottow. Endurance based option, but hard-coded (as it is now) for mob health <= 20%.

topple line = shield topple, reintroduced as it was before (default off, endurance option)

provoke0 = remove ridicule line

ridicule line = ridicule, 3 rks, >= mob hp, 0 = off (default).

Each will, of course, retain the *if* option available, including one for ridicule, for people to customize:

provokeif
toppleif
opportunisticstrikeif
ridiculeif

htw

Dont use topple if u have ridicule

Ridicule Recourse II Mitigate Melee Damage by 50%, 7440 total

Shield Topple II Mitigate Melee Damage by 40%, 488 total

now how do these interact w opportunistic strike (that can be used when mob is below 20%), would suck if they were all 3 on same timer.

They are all on the same timer.

Why use Ridicule in group content? Killing faster is more important than saving 10% damage. use Shield Topple for the DD component to boost DPS and kill faster. On raids, use Ridicule.

an idea is

ridicule=(above what endurance)
strike=(on or off) should trigger if mob is below 20%

if u turn on ridicule, your locking yourself out of strike, lets say u didnt get to 20% of the mob, if u strike again youll block strike another 30s so now unless you kill slow u may not get to use strike at all

unless your gonna be tanking each mob more than 30s by the time it hits 20% your timer wont be back let alone if u ridicule 2wice.

for those that have their heart set on ridicule and strike maybe

strike=(once max)? not sure if that could be a setting

If you /melee ridicule=1 then make it /off with /melee aggro=0

That's the point - it's your opinion - which is appreciated (it really is), but I need to at least allow people to turn stuff on/off without having to make up a bunch of holyshit entries, or add to existing macros.

This is what I did:

provoke0: Removed ridicule from this line. Now Scoff is the highest detected disc.
opportunisticstrike: Removed shield topple from this line.
topple: Added this back in for shield topple.
ridicule: Added this in for ridicule.

For coding, provoke0 is used the same way, I just don't use ridicule for that express purpose. Ridicule is checked before the provoke line.

Ridicule is target health > % (again, checked 1st before provoke line)

Opportunistic strike, if on, is checked first, if target health <= 20%, it is used. Otherwise (it is off, or target is > 20%), shield topple is used if turned on.

Updated on server, and wiki updated also.

htw

That's the point - it's your opinion - which is appreciated (it really is), but I need to at least allow people to turn stuff on/off without having to make up a bunch of holyshit entries, or add to existing macros.

This is what I did:

provoke0: Removed ridicule from this line. Now Scoff is the highest detected disc.
opportunisticstrike: Removed shield topple from this line.
topple: Added this back in for shield topple.
ridicule: Added this in for ridicule.

For coding, provoke0 is used the same way, I just don't use ridicule for that express purpose. Ridicule is checked before the provoke line.

Ridicule is target health > % (again, checked 1st before provoke line)

Opportunistic strike, if on, is checked first, if target health <= 20%, it is used. Otherwise (it is off, or target is > 20%), shield topple is used if turned on.

Updated on server, and wiki updated also.

htw

HTW

We are on the same page here. Having them separate to allow custom play style is the route I was suggesting. I like your choice for handling these.

Ridicule is also taunt+1. It should override with /melee aggro=1/0

If you /melee aggro=0, it should disable /melee ridicule=1 to skip. We do not want warriors who are addicts taunting on raids. =) Having one key to hit /melee aggro=0 is a lot better than having to make a multi tier hotkey to turn everything off.

eg.

Line1: /melee aggro=0
Line2: /melee Ridicul=0

Thanks.

Last edited:
HTW

We are on the same page here. Having them separate to allow custom play style is the route I was suggesting. I like your choice for handling these.

Ridicule is also taunt+1. It should override with /melee aggro=1/0

If you /melee aggro=0, it should disable /melee ridicule=1 to skip. We do not want warriors who are addicts taunting on raids. =) Having one key to hit /melee aggro=0 is a lot better than having to make a multi tier hotkey to turn everything off.

eg.

Line1: /melee aggro=0
Line2: /melee Ridicul=0

Thanks.
Excellent point on ridicule. That kind of info is great to have. :) I updated it so that ridicule option will not fire unless aggro=on. Updated wiki also. Thanks wwarwolf911.

Linatra: You're welcome!

htw

Off topic slightly - Does shield topple stack with cleric vie? Lucy is showing it isn't, which is why I never used it, but lucy is wrong sometimes.

wwarwolf911 is good help, he earned a lifetime membership yet? =p

Good work guys! Can't wait to log in and check these changes out!