MQ2Melee Target Switch

neverquest

Lifetimer
Reaction score
When I switch targets (while using MQ2Melee), auto attack is turned off. There is a message: "MQ2Melee:: TARGET SWITCH taking actions." Is there a way to disable this so that attack remains on when switching targets? Thanks for the help in advance!

Nevermind. I found it. I do have another question though.

I can't seem to turn attack off after I've engaged a mob. I hit my attack key and it turns off for a split second, then right back on again. Is there a way to change this?

Last edited:
/melee reset

stops attacking current target, other than that dont think there is any option for that.

Pressing ESC will clear target and turn attack off.

MQ2Melee uses its own attack key (default is Z). Pulled this from the Wiki:

MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file and a description of the parameters:

[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x

SpawnType: This is the allowed spawn 'types' that mq2melee will be allowed to engage. Add together the desired target types, the total is put in this parameter. (1 = PC) (2 = NPC) (4 = PC PET) (8 = NPC PET) (16 = PC CORPSE) (32 = NPC CORPSE). Default is 10 (2 for NPC + 8 for NPC PET = 10).
MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq attack key, or it will cause problems). Default is z.
RangeKeys: Range Attack Key. Default is x.

My MQ2melee.ini is

[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=q
RangeKeys=

When I switch targets (while using MQ2Melee), auto attack is turned off. There is a message: "MQ2Melee:: TARGET SWITCH taking actions." Is there a way to disable this so that attack remains on when switching targets? Thanks for the help in advance!

Could also try the regular EQ slash command, whenever you assist.

/assist on - auto attack will turn on when you assist to a different target

/assist off - the reverse.