Mq2Melee sticking to the same target in every zone

lichd2

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having an issue where my mq2melee is sticking to the same target ID every zone im in. This is giving me trouble because its glitching out and not sticking to the mob it should.

It keeps sticking to Target ID 8414433276230ose and has been driving me nuts for hours.

Are you manually sticking or sticking from a macro? Could be a glitch within your macro if you're using one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Are you manually sticking or sticking from a macro? Could be a glitch within your macro if you're using one.

Im using petes bot.mac, even reinstalled and reconfigged everything just to frustratingly have the same problem.

Target a mob and manually do /stick

If it works then your macro is bugging out. If it doesn't work then you have another issue.

Target a mob and manually do /stick

If it works then your macro is bugging out. If it doesn't work then you have another issue.

Manual sticking is working, I have no idea what it could be in petes bot.mac. I even took a fresh copy from the post and used it, and i cant even think of anything in the ini that could do that?

Edit: actually, when i just auto attacked, it gave the stick ID and it was the same one again without any mac running.

If it makes any difference my XLOC0 YLOC0 ZLOC0 all are already declared when I run petes bot mac too.

Last edited:
So it's probably an issue with your MQ2Melee if normal sticking works but sticking while attacking gives that error. Check your character config file in the MacroQuest2 folder and make sure everything is good in there. I don't know why it would put up all those weird numbers though..

Have you tried to target a mob and do /echo ${Target.ID} ? See what that returns.

So it's probably an issue with your MQ2Melee if normal sticking works but sticking while attacking gives that error. Check your character config file in the MacroQuest2 folder and make sure everything is good in there. I don't know why it would put up all those weird numbers though..

Have you tried to target a mob and do /echo ${Target.ID} ? See what that returns.

It gives the correct target.id.

Heres my char config
Code:
[ZoneInfoWindow]
ChatTop=10
ChatBottom=210
ChatLeft=10
ChatRight=410
Locked=0
WindowTitle=Zone Information
Fades=1
Delay=0
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
[MQ2PiggyZone]
PCCheck=off
UseGate=on
NoGroup=off
PCRange=500
MinZoneDelay=15
MaxZoneDelay=45
UseNPC=on
[MQ2Rez]
Accept=1
CallOfTheWild=1
Spawn=0
[MQ2DpsOpt]
Sort=0
PetFollowOwner=1
AbsoluteDps=1
ON=1
[MQ2DpsWin]
Top=0
Bottom=130
Left=260
Right=600
Locked=0
WindowTitle=DPS Window
Fades=1
Delay=2000
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
ShowWindow=0
[MQ2DoCrack]
ShowWindow=0
[MQ2Clickies]
Active=on
charm=on
leftear=on
head=on
face=on
rightear=on
neck=on
shoulder=on
arms=on
back=on
leftwrist=on
rightwrist=on
ranged=on
hands=on
mainhand=on
offhand=on
leftfinger=on
rightfinger=on
chest=on
legs=on
feet=on
waist=on
powersource=on
ammo=on
pack1=on
pack2=on
pack3=on
pack4=on
pack5=on
pack6=on
pack7=on
pack8=on
pack9=on
pack10=on
ClickWnd_WindowTitle=Clickies
ClickWnd_Top=-4
ClickWnd_Bottom=49
ClickWnd_Left=250
ClickWnd_Right=1087
ClickWnd_Locked=0
ClickWnd_Fades=1
ClickWnd_Delay=1
ClickWnd_Duration=500
ClickWnd_Alpha=255
ClickWnd_FadeToAlpha=255
ClickWnd_BGType=1
ClickWnd_BGTint.red=255
ClickWnd_BGTint.green=255
ClickWnd_BGTint.blue=255
ClickSet_WindowTitle=Settings
ClickSet_Top=20
ClickSet_Bottom=530
ClickSet_Left=10
ClickSet_Right=130
ClickSet_Locked=0
ClickSet_Fades=1
ClickSet_Delay=0
ClickSet_Duration=500
ClickSet_Alpha=255
ClickSet_FadeToAlpha=255
ClickSet_BGType=1
ClickSet_BGTint.red=255
ClickSet_BGTint.green=255
ClickSet_BGTint.blue=255
[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
facing=1
stickbreak=1
stickcmd=84% loose
stickmode=1
stickrange=35

stickcmd=84% loose

That's bugging it. Remove the 84%, save the file, do

/melee load

Then see what happens.

stickcmd=84% loose

That's bugging it. Remove the 84%, save the file, do

/melee load

Then see what happens.

Its not echoing the wrong Target id anymore, but its still twitching back and forth and not facing/sticking to the mob after returning to camp.

Well, he should be able to use stick distance, but for mq2melee (the ini entry) he would have to do it like: stickcmd=84%% loose

And it should work fine.

htw

No, just EQ launch and mmoloader
Go read up here, on how to tune your MQ2MoveUtils - most of which can go in your MQ2MoveUtils.ini file. Otherwise your best bet is to continue discussion in the bot thread.

htw

stickcmd=84% loose

I have this same exact setting.

I get this same exact message upon engaging/sticking

Target ID 8414433276230ose

However I have never had an issue of bouncing around, or twitching or anything. I run my own home-bred mac, but I also ran it on Pete's bot mac for a while too.

For MQ2Melee stickcmd, for literal %, you need to put it twice - otherwise it will be read in as a variable where one is not expected, and screw the string up.

stickcmd=84%% loose

For MQ2Melee stickcmd, for literal %, you need to put it twice - otherwise it will be read in as a variable where one is not expected, and screw the string up.

stickcmd=84%% loose

I'll have to make that change and see if anything improves. As it is, nothing has ever gone wrong with me using that so I'm not sure lol. If it aint broke (for me), don't fix it!

stickcmd=84%% loose

I'll have to make that change and see if anything improves. As it is, nothing has ever gone wrong with me using that so I'm not sure lol. If it aint broke (for me), don't fix it!

Ya it looks like i have/had two seperate issues. One was that stick targetting ID(which was fixed with the % added ty), and another seems to be with petes bot.mac itself trying to face camp after every swing or something.

Edit: Well thx guys, I went ahead and deleted my configs and redid them again and it seems to be fixed now

Last edited: