mq2melee n00b question

marius13dk

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a mq2melee n00b question, when i have a fresh instal of mq2 I am able to do /melee in my mq2window and setup the mq2melee as i want it. However if i want to edit it after a while with /melee i get a SetMelee return and no parameters i can set. I know i am doing something wrong, just cant figure it out.

I have a mq2melee n00b question, when i have a fresh instal of mq2 I am able to do /melee in my mq2window and setup the mq2melee as i want it. However if i want to edit it after a while with /melee i get a SetMelee return and no parameters i can set. I know i am doing something wrong, just cant figure it out.

Melee commands are issued in the following format.

/melee aggro=0

The above would turn aggro generation off.

/melee taunt=1

The above would turn taunting on.

You can also edit your mq2melee ini section within your character's mq2ini file in your MQ folder. Details about that can be found here.

http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Melee

If you still are having issues using the above format, let us know.

depending on the command, some things have to be edited from the ini and then:
/melee load
/melee save

but for things you can edit in game, be sure to use the full command line. An example of in game command for turning off a holyflag/holyshit would be:
/melee holyflag3=0
/melee save

To turn back on:
/melee holyflag3=1
/melee save

Yes i know this, but the problem is that at some point any /melee command will just return SetMelee and alter nothing in the INI file. If i delete all files in the macroquest2 folder and do a clean install i can then use /melee and it will return the right things

-Marius

Yes i know this, but the problem is that at some point any /melee command will just return SetMelee and alter nothing in the INI file. If i delete all files in the macroquest2 folder and do a clean install i can then use /melee and it will return the right things

-Marius

Can you provide your MQ2Melee ini section, and a copy of your MQ Log that shows the error, "SetMelee" so we can look into the issue?

-Marius

Do a /melee save that will build your ini file with current settings.

-Marius

I have seen this before, don't know what it comes from, but it's not from our site. Something puts in an alias for /melee in your macroquest.ini file. Delete that alias, and try again.

htw