mq2medley question

Dealings

Reaction score
is there any way to use medley and be able to have it swap a song

example 1st gem is usually an aura for me
if I wanted to make use of that gem for something else, is that possible

I dont have to cast aura often so I would love to use that gem for other songs and when I need aura again, have medley mem it again and so on

medley wiki says not to mix it w cast

mq2cast would let u mem a spell in the gem slot that u want (need)

I do not recall there being anything in MQ2Medley that would let you load a spell gem.

I have a framework I use that is similar to Medley where I coded up a "SwapIF" for spells and I ended up never using it because it seemed the code would choose the worst possible times to start swapping things in and out.

Like you get killed/rezed into battle and you lose 6-10s because your bard is there swapping stuff in/out.

i think im gonna try to make a downflag

if not in combat and aura down /multiline ; /plugin medley un ; /plugin cast ; /cast gem 1 (for aura) /timed 30 ; /load spellset X ; /plugin cast un ; /plugin medley load

so it would only refresh aura out of combat and after a few seconds reload the song i want so when in combat it has it available, doing all this while loading and unloading plugins to avoid issues

thats the general idea otherwise im stuck using gem 1 for aura and it being a wasted gem the rest of the time

again if anyone has a better way to use aura and have it go back to a more beneficial song id love to hear it

This would really be better inside a macro.

MQ2Melee doesn't have any state information and will blindly execute shits.

You could end up with several instance of your command "/multiline ; /plugin medley un ; /plugin cast ; /cast gem 1 (for aura) /timed 30 ; /load spellset X ; /plugin cast un ; /plugin medley load" scheduled.

If you DO move forward with MQ2Melee just use a global variable in your autoexec.cfg file like

/declare DoingBardAura int 0

Then in your downshit check to see if aura is down and the flag is also zero.

Add /varset doBardAura 1 in your multiline.

I am very interested in to know how well you get this to work.

I would use a /twist once for the aura.

twist cant mem the aura can it?
and how would u reload the song u actually wanted to use?

Memspell - MacroQuest Wiki

Code:
Main

:MainLoop

/if (!${Me.Song[...].ID}) {
     /medley off
     /stopsong
     /memspell 1 "aura" 
     /cast 1
     /memspell 1 "whatever was there"
     /medley on
  }