MQ2FilterSet

htw

Developer
Reaction score
Here is something I been messing with off and on, and decided to finish. If you wanna try it out, go for it.

What it does, is saves & loads "filter sets", i.e., Chat Filter "sets". (Options - Chat Filters).

When I'm raiding, for example, I turn a lot of filters on, as having all that spam is really quite useless, even in another chat window.

Commands:

/fisave filterset
/fiload filterset

For example, you could have one called "temp", by setting up your filters how you want them, then typing: /fisave temp

At any time after that, if you want to load that set you would use: /fiload temp

If you join a raid, and a set called 'raid' does not exist, it will be created with the current settings. What you should do, is either "preset" your raid set (set your chat filters, then do /fsave raid), or, after you join a raid, do the same (set chat filters, and /fisave raid).

There are 2 built-in sets: raid & default. The plugin will warn you if either of those sets do not exist when it first saves them, to remind you to verify your chat filters & then overwrite the raid or default set if needed.

This is important to remember, as EQ does not keep chat filters based on char and/or server, it is global. So if you are raiding on WarriorX, and have filters set a certain way, then log out & later log in WizardY, then the filters are still set the way WarriorX had them when raiding.

The plugin saves sets by server/charname (MQ2FilterSet_server_charname.ini), so once you have the basics set up via either copy/paste, or just setting them then doing /fisave default, each char will automatically have the proper filters loaded each time you go into game.

When you first log in, the 'default' set will be loaded.
If you join a raid, the 'raid' set will be loaded.
If you leave a raid, the previously loaded set will be reloaded, or 'default' if a specific one was not previously loaded.

Nothing monumental, but I find it useful.

The plugin will warn you in the MQ2 window (in red text) the first time it saves a given filter set that does not exist, to make sure you check that it's the way you want it to be.

Edit: DLL included in compile, no longer attached here.

htw

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else has tried this but I find it great!

Thanks for posting it. Not sure how I ever played without it now.

Hi, i been having a problem with this plugin, nob big one but stil...

i got my filter sets saved for my toon, checked the ini and its all fine, but when i load any of them, all filter sets gets loaded ok except the mercenary messages, they aways stay on, i trayed fixing it ingame and doing /save again, tryed fix directly on the .ini, tryed delete the ini and make new one.

anyone experienced something like that??

Hi, i been having a problem with this plugin, nob big one but stil...

i got my filter sets saved for my toon, checked the ini and its all fine, but when i load any of them, all filter sets gets loaded ok except the mercenary messages, they aways stay on, i trayed fixing it ingame and doing /save again, tryed fix directly on the .ini, tryed delete the ini and make new one.

anyone experienced something like that??

I'll test it tonight, this plugin was pre-mercs so it might not be watching that filter, will let ya know htw.

Are you using the one from the compile? Just checking... ;)

I loaded in game, and checked, and works fine for me. I do not know why it would not for you. :(

I created a set for merc show called ms, and one for hide called mh.

/fiload ms

and it was show

/fiload mh

and it was hide

htw

wierd, i will try and redownload the compile and start from fresh, will let u guys know if it works.

thanks for the attention !