MQ2Bot assist problem

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've found the bot.mac does not work at all on a level 90 necro, so I figured I'd use the plugin and let it run on auto pilot. But half the time the necro is not assisting the main assist, which I have set. I looked in the wiki, I couldn't find anything about setting an assist. Many times he picks his own target, which gets him agro and killed. Even if I select the target from the extended target window, he goes right back to his own. So how do I get this thing to assist the tank?

Last edited:
The bot plugin uses the xtar slots...So xtar1 should be the MA/MT target and you have group roles set

If you don't have them set the Necro is likely just choosing xtar 1 anyway and your tank is choosing another for what ever reason ? Is the tank using the bot plugin?

No the tank is manually operated.

So set the first extended target to group tank's target then?

Yep, and make sure your warrior is set as maintank on group roles (EQ function)

Ok.

Can you help me with other issues? The bot mac lets you issue commands, like follow, stop, and move. Can the plugin do that?

Also, how do I control AA so I can save them for a named burn? The necro uses them as soon as they recycle on trash mobs.

The AACutoffTime=XX is what you need to use for a general 'don't use unless a named'

The way it works is if the AA recast timer is more then XX it won't cast it unless it is a named

How ever if you set it low, then use individual AAIfX=conditions where X is the AA number that you see when you /bot on

AAIfx=
DebuffIfX=
NukeIfX=

For most things in the plugin you can do that, you just need to put them in the [MQ2Bot] section of your server_charname.ini in MQ2 folder

As for follow etc, there is the auto follow settings I use, which work ok for my casters to move with my cleric that I manually move when needed whilst playing tank. It is essentially a stick setting, as for follow/stop/move I normally just /bca //bot off and issue stick commands for my tank and caster to invis group. Or i just //bot off on all and run my mage and coth

AutoFollowLeader=1
AutoFollowSettings=30 healer

Have a flick through MQ2Bot - MMOBugs Wiki for more general stuff, it isn't 100% up to date