MQ2bot - alpha

Updated .dll

Changed AA debuff order to always do malo/tash/terris before trying to slow.
Changed AE debuffs to only cast if 3 or more mobs are on add list
Fixed Mana routine to actually use bucolic harvest, gather magnitude, etc..

your fix for the wizzy harvest has worked, at least for mine.

the twincast spam still persists though.

i have some stability issues, but unsure if it is connected to running the bot, i will keep you updated.

A_newb_001

is there anyway to set a delay on nukes? chain pulling with my 100 magein group he's out of mana quite fast.

is there anyway to set a delay on nukes? chain pulling with my 100 magein group he's out of mana quite fast.
No there is not. I do have several solutions for you. But this presents a logical/math error. You will always do more damage overall by "burning" then medding vs saving it.

Anyway, i did say i had solutions, so what you can do:
1. reorder your nukes/swarm pets in order of mana efficiency
2. ensure both types of mod rods are getting used, as well as gather magnitude.
3. Remove nukes/swarm pets so you dont always have a spell ready.

Personally, my mage never runs out of mana chain exping.

What I can do:
At a later date, I can try to add in a check for "of Many" line for mages so they only try to use the spell if X number of pets are nearby. Same for necro wake the dead.
I will also have it /interrupt spells if target dies. I just havent gotten around to it yet. That should save some mana.

a_newb: i will check it out today after work @ twincast spam. I know what causes it and i thought i had fixed it once.

Updated .dll

Hopefully fixed that Twincast spam again. I must have overwritten it before.

I am about to take this into a semi closed beta after today. Wtf is a semi closed beta you may ask?:

I added account/user authentication for all those that provided feedback. What does that mean? Without account authentication, most sections will be limited to 3 spells of that type. Enough to test, but you dont get everything except for on a couple classes. I will tweak it to see what works, but I just want to test it out for now. It may stay in or get removed at a later date.

I added users based on their MMOBugs.UserName, but i can also add based on MacroQuest.LoginName as well. When you /plugin mq2bot, it will tell you either partial or full access.

didn't even think about removing spells LOL. so it will only cast memmed spells yes? ok will do some tweaking and get back.

No there is not. I do have several solutions for you. But this presents a logical/math error. You will always do more damage overall by "burning" then medding vs saving it.

Anyway, i did say i had solutions, so what you can do:
1. reorder your nukes/swarm pets in order of mana efficiency
2. ensure both types of mod rods are getting used, as well as gather magnitude.
3. Remove nukes/swarm pets so you dont always have a spell ready.

Personally, my mage never runs out of mana chain exping.

What I can do:
At a later date, I can try to add in a check for "of Many" line for mages so they only try to use the spell if X number of pets are nearby. Same for necro wake the dead.
I will also have it /interrupt spells if target dies. I just havent gotten around to it yet. That should save some mana.

a_newb: i will check it out today after work @ twincast spam. I know what causes it and i thought i had fixed it once.

Order? I just put whatever wherever and hope the job gets done. Now I have to think about things when I play? I thought I played to stop thinking about everything. =)

I added account/user authentication for all those that provided feedback. What does that mean? Without account authentication, most sections will be limited to 3 spells of that type. Enough to test, but you dont get everything except for on a couple classes.

So are you going pay-to-play soon, or just wanted to add extra stuff to break?

He just wants more relevant feedback so he can improve things.

I just tried this today for the first time as i just came back to everquest and it seems to work well for the necromancer but for the wizard it is spamming twincast i removed the spell from my bar to work around it just letting you know

I added account/user authentication for all those that provided feedback. What does that mean? Without account authentication, most sections will be limited to 3 spells of that type. Enough to test, but you dont get everything except for on a couple classes.

So are you going pay-to-play soon, or just wanted to add extra stuff to break?
I haven't decided.

The original intent was a carrot/stick to encourage people to participate rather than blindly download, use, and contribute nothing. I find that a majority of people like downloading and using something but notsomuch providing any meaningful feedback. I had the plugin posted on redguides too and got 0 responses. Then again, people there arent familiar with my other work and maybe didnt really know what to expect out of it. But they downloaded it and said nothing.

I've spent hundreds of hours on Bot.mac/support since its inception and 95% of the issues are people not reading any of the instructions whatsoever. It burnt me out a little for those types of individuals. Some sort of obstacle might invest people to actually learn a little about what they are trying to do. Maybe it won't.

I enjoy learning how things work and making things more efficient, so I am willing to do a bunch of the legwork for free.. but if i have to do it all by myself, i may consider charging some amount for the full blown version for those that didnt contribute to making it happen...and rewarding those that did with free full access. My time is just as important to me as other's time is important to them and I appreciate those that take their time to help out.

Last edited:
I just tried this today for the first time as i just came back to everquest and it seems to work well for the necromancer but for the wizard it is spamming twincast i removed the spell from my bar to work around it just letting you know
Updated .dll

I for sure got it this time, tested it on wiz/mage to be sure. "Twincast" AA (innate chance to twincast) was throwing it for a loop in like 3 different spots. Finally got them all.

Does that mean I can't jump in and play with the full version now? I've been meaning to play with this, as I'm excited about it's future, I just haven't had time to sit down and grind in the past few weeks.

Also, looking over things, does it loot yet? I didn't see anything about looting.

Does that mean I can't jump in and play with the full version now? I've been meaning to play with this, as I'm excited about it's future, I just haven't had time to sit down and grind in the past few weeks.

Also, looking over things, does it loot yet? I didn't see anything about looting.
I already pre-added you and a few others. <3 for the recent donations. I didn't add in any looting yet. It's on the to do list. I just added in snare and root and am testing atm. Then I will close this thread and post beta thread.

EDIT:
ALPHA PHASE IS CLOSED! Thanks to those that participated.

MQ2Bot plugin can be found at: http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everq...es-plugins-offsets/28947-mq2bot-new-post.html

Last edited:
Some sort of obstacle might invest people to actually learn a little about what they are trying to do. Maybe it won't.

Fully understood, it just seemed a strange way to hamstring it if getting feedback was your only intention. I'd have expected class-based modules or something if you were going for monetization.

I know that frustration where you're working your ass off and it doesn't even seem like anybody's trying it. You've got a pretty good "following" here though, as good as any of the macros or plugins that have since become standards had back in my day. Rest assured if you make something decent the people that actually bother to thank your or give feedback are going to outweigh the people that just use it and move on to the next shiny that comes along.

I only found this site in the first place because I saw what you were doing on the mq2 forums and liked what you seemed to be aiming at.