MQ2 on the Test Server.

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So as of now mmobugs compile for mq2 doesn't work on the test server.

i was hoping to find out how many could and would use it if there were made to work with test too.

i already talked to one of the head men here ,and had a message out for another,but was told to start a post and see how many would be interested before anything was looked into.
so all im wondering is , would anyone like to see mmobugs mq2 work for the test server ?

I for one woudl very much like this, so much so that i would donate extra each patch for it(mark my words)
anyways , please say something here if this is something you would like, the more that want it the better chance there is of this happening, if it can, so please post.

shaunb1 told me that test server patches eqgame.exe the same amount as live, just 7-10 days sooner. If this is true, and there is more than a handful of people that would use it, I would be willing to invest some time for basic updates.

Be interesting to see if they do suspensions for warping/zoning on test.

shaunb1 told me that test server patches eqgame.exe the same amount as live, just 7-10 days sooner. If this is true, and there is more than a handful of people that would use it, I would be willing to invest some time for basic updates.

Be interesting to see if they do suspensions for warping/zoning on test.

I would suspect they would have the same detection, if for no other reason then because they woukd want to keep the test environment the same as live... But who knows...

Of course if it helped MMOBUGS be ready for some patchs straight away (or was a lot faster ) because of it it, that would be cool :)

DOH!

I was really hoping to come home and see some I's on here.
ill just keep hoping in the mean time that other people woudl utilize this if it were done, like i said i personally woudl have no problem pitching some extra money into a donataion bucket to sponsor this idea, and i agree with tempest, since the patches are the same , just earlier(from what i was told by people on test) it may give a leg up on the live patch.
no idea , but if so its a good pitch

shaunb1 wrote:

and i agree with tempest, since the patches are the same

The patch notes are the same, but I don't think eqgame.exe is quite the same. I could be wrong, but I think if you dig into the structs you will find that Test is somewhat different than Live. Test handles characters and gear differently than Live does.

mis

sry i wasnt very clear, but what i meant when i said the same is, they do the same thing, for instance(this is how it was explained to me, when they patch whatever the changes are to the game play are the same on both live and test, just test comes 7-10 days sooner)

Any members have any interest in MQ2 for test server still?

I have noticed a progression guild over at fohguild.org started on the server. The server has gold membership and all expansions without purchasing anything for all station accounts. You can also /testcopy any character onto the server or /testbufff to level 25, along with having 200% bonus experience at all times.

Doing so is going to open up a lot more work for us, but could also help get a few more members and help with faster updates for live.

Hmm, free gold on test, that is actually fairly tempting.

I haven't played in a while mainly cause I'm to lazy to play without warp and piggyzone, but if I did play again and had free gold membership on test + mq2 available there, that is where I would play.

Yay for MQ2 for the Testies!

I would be interested, i play(ed) on test for the better part of the last 6 years, but transfered my mains off to FV when they let us, While i do occasionally pop in to visit those who will never leave test, i primarly stay on live server now. I only skimmed the posts in the thread so I appologize if this information is already covered. Test is like one step above that mac server floating out there in purgatory, there probably insnt an active population over 3 to 400 Testies, but that could change if MQ was available there, since your entire play/eq experience on test is free.... Gold status is free there, and the expansions are free there.... i am actually kinda astonished that there isnt a dedicated raiding guild there for cheap mofo's hehe. Anyway my vote is that i would love to see a compile for Test, it would likely cause me to pack it up on FV and move back to test ( and save a ton of money too). You could charge extra for the test compile too if you wanted, since the people playin on test arent paying for eq, or if they are they arent aware they dont have to (Strictly on test). Well with that ill bring this batch of run on sentances and grammical errors to a close.

Doesn't the source code change for each exe though? Reason I ask is that if the exe for test was truly the same as live just patched earlier, why don't the devs at mq2.com already have the source compiled and waiting so that there is little to no down time? I'm just curious mind you and were this to happen, I'd be inclined to play on test as well.

Doesn't the source code change for each exe though? Reason I ask is that if the exe for test was truly the same as live just patched earlier, why don't the devs at mq2.com already have the source compiled and waiting so that there is little to no down time? I'm just curious mind you and were this to happen, I'd be inclined to play on test as well.

This is true.

I have posted our first test server release.

This is true.

I have posted our first test server release.

Sweet, I'll have to give it a try when I get some time this week.

On a side note, not that I expect plat to have any real value on test, anyone got a few mil on Xegony that I can hold onto between 5 or 6 characters while I do a /testcopy on them? hehe.

sweet

oh man , this is exciting , im gonna check it out, only reason im not on this server at all times was no mq, otherwise i have some extraordinairly geared toons on there that i would play all the time.. thank you. this is awesome

This sounds great, but I'm worried aboutour devs burning out creating a new compile for each time they patch test :eek:

That 100k was a guess/something i thought i remember seeing. Im still pretty sure there is a limit, else the market on test would be ruined. /testcopy a toon with 1million PP, move that to another toon and /testcopy that too. Rinse and repeat....