MQ2 Melee Alternative?

Reaction score
So I am looking for something other than MQ2 melee that will activate my aa / disc attacks for my ranger along with the basics like kick and taunt. Unfortunately, autoskills only does the skills, not the combat abilities or aa attacks. Is there any others?

The reason I don't like melee is because it has a weird problem where when I hit the button to cycle through nearest npcs, it will perform a range attack. Tried figuring out what the deal was with that a long time ago, but was unsuccessful.

melee is prob the best plugin there is

my advice to you is fix your problem

melee range=0

either change your eq target nearest key to something else or change your mq2 kind for ranged attack to fix the issue since melee will turn off once a new mob is targeted, to me it seems that your eq target nearest bind and your mq2 ranged attack are the same and is causing the issue.

So I am looking for something other than MQ2 melee that will activate my aa / disc attacks for my ranger along with the basics like kick and taunt. Unfortunately, autoskills only does the skills, not the combat abilities or aa attacks. Is there any others?

The reason I don't like melee is because it has a weird problem where when I hit the button to cycle through nearest npcs, it will perform a range attack. Tried figuring out what the deal was with that a long time ago, but was unsuccessful.
htw fixed that months ago iirc. so if you havent used it in awhile, it should be good to go. if it is still happening, let him know.

Where?

either change your eq target nearest key to something else or change your mq2 kind for ranged attack to fix the issue since melee will turn off once a new mob is targeted, to me it seems that your eq target nearest bind and your mq2 ranged attack are the same and is causing the issue.

How do I change this? What file would it be in?

Nvm, think I found it in the default INI.

Last edited:
when I hit the button to cycle through nearest npcs, it will perform a range attack

what about checking under options what cycle npc and range attack are using

hoping not the same key

Melee

Make a hotkey to turn it off and on, probably easier then ditching mq2melee. /melee off etc

It shouldn't do it if you set the RangeKeys to something you won't use (mq2melee.ini - see MQ2Melee - MMOBugs Wiki). You could also try setting it to nothing (RangeKeys=clear)

You need to make your edits while not in game to both that file (MQ2Melee.ini) and to MacroQuest.ini. In MacroQuest.ini, make sure you remove any [Key Binds] for RANGED_Nrm, RANGED_Alt, and RANGE_Nrm. You could also just set them to clear, like:

[Key Binds]
RANGED_Nrm=clear
RANGED_Alt=clear
RANGE_Nrm=clear

Let me know if doing those edits doesn't disable it, and I can look into it.

htw