MQ2 does not work

Madd Hatter

Reaction score
Website
www.mh53.net
For a long time I was using MQ2 and it was working fine. Then, I rebuilt my computer with upgraded hardware, and installed Windows 7 64 bit. Now everything except MQ2 works fine. I just cannot get MQ2 to work. It always freezes the game or will not let the game open. I have installed it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it. reinstalled Everquest and it just won't work. I always check for the newest release.

For a long time I was using MQ2 and it was working fine. Then, I rebuilt my computer with upgraded hardware, and installed Windows 7 64 bit. Now everything except MQ2 works fine. I just cannot get MQ2 to work. It always freezes the game or will not let the game open. I have installed it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it. reinstalled Everquest and it just won't work. I always check for the newest release.

When does it free? When checking for updates?

Might have something to do with firewall settings, or anti-virus.

Try disabling them. It's only thing I can think of off the top of my head without more information on when it happens.

what type of windows were you using before? on windows 7 and vista just right click the mmobugs launcher and run as admin should fix the issue, the freezing could be it trying to write something that is write protected without admin lvl, even if your the admin account you still need to run as admin. Also if you are only running one account make 2 shortcuts on the desktop to everquest.exe one just regular that will patch the client, the other needs the -patchme added to the end of the linked folder. Example: "c:\windows\programs\sony\everquest.exe" -patchme. To see the path for the shortcut right click the shortcut and select properties and look under general for location and edit it and add a space then -patchme. no period. that should fix the everquest not launching with mq2 loaded, the crashing of the mmobugs should fix using the run as admin. Unless HTW or fry changed the compile to not need admin lvl to run and fixed the issue with the mmobugs launcher blocking the patcher.

MMO Bugs runs fine. It's EQ that stops working. With MMO Bugs loaded nothing happens if I try to load EQ. With EQ loaded and I run MMO Bugs, as soon as MMO bugs loads EQ freezes.

MMO Bugs runs fine. It's EQ that stops working. With MMO Bugs loaded nothing happens if I try to load EQ. With EQ loaded and I run MMO Bugs, as soon as MMO bugs loads EQ freezes.

Try Loading MMOLoader, then launching everquest with EQLaunch/eqgame patchme or WINEQ2.

MMOLoader doesn't let launchpad load when it's loaded as launchpad reads currently loaded programs.

See if that works. I have no idea why it would be freezing.

Try Loading MMOLoader, then launching everquest with EQLaunch/eqgame patchme or WINEQ2.

MMOLoader doesn't let launchpad load when it's loaded as launchpad reads currently loaded programs.

See if that works. I have no idea why it would be freezing.

Yes. I understand that. Done that.

Madd Hatter:

Best thing you can do, to start with, is see if there is some plugin your setup doesn't like. Load MMOLoader, then right-click the tray icon, and open Plugin Config. Uncheck all but basic core plugins. Report back if you have the same issue, and if you do, see if you can determine which plugin was causing it by turning them on one or two at a time (the ones you disabled).

Here is, based on your load list, the basic ones to leave checked (turned on) for testing:

mq2cast
mq2cecho
mq2chatwnd
mq2custombinds
mq2hud
mq2itemdisplay
mq2labels
mq2map
mq2melee
mq2moveutils

htw